Announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yesterday (or today, can't remember) It popped up an announcement when I first logged in to TW. May I ask, why it was all in purple?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Because Purple Predator did it :icon_biggrin:? Nah, Tracey messed the coding a bit up and it's been different for each broswer I beleive.

DeletedUser

@ two-face: I'm pretty sure the purple wasn't a mistake. I think there was another one of these announcements a while back and it was purple there as well. And the fact that Tracy writes in that colour all the time :p

DeletedUser

[th]Stop complaining. Elsewise I'll set up a full-screen-blinking-rainbow-colour-sheme for your account which cannot be changed at all. :icon_wink:[/th]

May i request that? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser2765

Please keep your posts constructive. Re-opened.

DeletedUser

[th]Stop complaining. Elsewise I'll set up a full-screen-blinking-rainbow-colour-sheme for your account which cannot be changed at all. :icon_wink:[/th]

What if I was color blind and I couldn't read it? Is it really worth it, just to make it look more stupid?

DeletedUser

What if I was color blind and I couldn't read it? Is it really worth it, just to make it look more stupid?
[th]If you would have been colour blind, you wouldn't have complained - I'm sure about it. Because smart colour blind users are using custom stylesheets in their browsers, elsewise half of the net's content would be "invisible" for them. In marked contrast to you I know what I'm talking about, because I have a very good friend who is colour blind and knows about such problems. Local stylesheets override the pages' ones.

Additionally: if you would have complained, because you're colour-blind, it would have been in a different manner, wouldn't it? The use of inappropriate language (which got edited meanwhile) and the naming of the colours was more a sign for you simply disliked the colours - not you weren't capable to read them.

The interstitial page's contrast was more than 50%, thus should have been easily readable for normal seeing people PLUS a lot of colour blind people. The most common colour blindness affects green-red colour-combinations, but this wasn't given here.

I'm not trying to make you look stupid.[/th]

DeletedUser

[th]If you would have been colour blind, you wouldn't have complained - I'm sure about it. Because smart colour blind users are using custom stylesheets in their browsers, elsewise half of the net's content would be "invisible" for them. In marked contrast to you I know what I'm talking about, because I have a very good friend who is colour blind and knows about such problems. Local stylesheets override the pages' ones.

Additionally: if you would have complained, because you're colour-blind, it would have been in a different manner, wouldn't it? The use of inappropriate language (which got edited meanwhile) and the naming of the colours was more a sign for you simply disliked the colours - not you weren't capable to read them.

The interstitial page's contrast was more than 50%, thus should have been easily readable for normal seeing people PLUS a lot of colour blind people. The most common colour blindness affects green-red colour-combinations, but this wasn't given here.

I'm not trying to make you look stupid.[/th]

Wow, You are very smart. :)

I really wish I was in your tribe now. :(

DeletedUser

No, I'm not color blind, kinda obvious :p
But the thing is that I just don't see the point in it. Why is it in purple after all? I still ain't got an answer for that question. And it makes it harder to read even though I can see colors just fine. Is the color black too boring? :s

Last edited by Kriegselend; Today at 01:18.. Reason: Insulting
I would understand inappropriate lanuage, but insulting? Did I insult the color purple? :lol:

DeletedUser4

No, I'm not color blind, kinda obvious :p
But the thing is that I just don't see the point in it. Why is it in purple after all? I still ain't got an answer for that question. And it makes it harder to read even though I can see colors just fine. Is the color black too boring? :s

Last edited by Kriegselend; Today at 01:18.. Reason: Insulting
I would understand inappropriate lanuage, but insulting? Did I insult the color purple? :lol:

[tt]Its the colour i use EVERYWHERE and will continue to do so.

oh and btw yes black is BORING [/tt]

DeletedUser

Tracey, its easy to read and we know who it is when we see it. So keep using it :)

DeletedUser

I still don't see the point. When I see text in another color than black, I don't go "YAYY, WHAT A FUN TEXT"..

DeletedUser

No, but when you see a text in black you go "Meh", and press continue :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser4

I still don't see the point. When I see text in another color than black, I don't go "YAYY, WHAT A FUN TEXT"..

[tt]You in the end have two choices,

1. Read the page which will have useful information on it, and which may prevent action being taken against you in the future.

2. Immediately scroll to the bottom click continue and ignore it. Will add if you take this option, then turn round and be punished for something that was advised in one of these pages, we will be harder with our punishments as everyone has been sent the information.

[/tt]

DeletedUser

I know that, but the text doesn't look more fun with the text in purple. I don't go meh when I see black text. I think announcements that's sent to the entire game are pretty serious, but when they are in COLORS, I take it as serious as a poem written by a child with brand new crayons.

DeletedUser

[th]If the child is responsible for the place you live in, you better should read its poems...

But either way. It's your choice to read or ignore the announcements. It's your choice (and right) to dislike their colour. But it won't change anything.[/th]

DeletedUser

lol ye are argueing about a colour (Purple) which has nothing to do with TW and its fun watching this so continue :lol:

DeletedUser4

[tt] Closed as it serves no purpose and will change nothing [/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.