Anyone got sense to share?

DeletedUser

UK11 is looking like it will be most competitive. Settings that most of us newer players are not familiar with at all, imo rewards will be found in decent start up strategy, and effective use of your troops early game, due to the fact that it will be hard work to replace losses in the early stages due to the res limits etc.

Now my question is can we have a decent discussion, without any of the bs etc, i feel mostly from members whom are better at trolling than playing the game?

Also, i'd like to take the opportunity to wish every player and in game staff a Merry Christmas! (buuurrrpp) :icon_eek:

DeletedUser10242

maybe keeping yourself to yourself might be a good idea!

DeletedUser10242

It would of helped me out but your right that would of been boring!;p

DeletedUser

I was not asking for advice, or are you just one of the few here to wreck the forums with trolling, you are pretty good at it, surely you have some troops you should be giving orders to, rather than here on the forums?, or do you not have any troops? Could someone please close this thread, after my attempt to find some sensible discussion, some muppet has ruined it already, surely not in the interests of attracting players to the game? :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser7025

I am on my way to Bethlehem but can spare a little Frankin sense from my cargo.

mine whoring is still the way to go, especially with the attack break coming up. for my money there is a lot of sense in going with a defense start up and nobling a barb or bonus but if you have gone all off you need to keep your powder dry until nobles are available.

the ODA rankings tell a story!

my other main observation is that point whores seem to be a lot more plentiful given the slim pickings to be had farming. some are completely bereft of troops but have 20 20 hq and smithy. they might get away with it but i doubt it. this world requires a complete rethink in terms of strategy but for me its still troops first and points after. if you do whore and can get that first conquer then you may be in with a shout but its a major risk.

I would also like to wish my fellow players a very merry Christmas. If Christmas is not your chosen celebration then i wish you a happy holiday.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I guess your referring to me...

yes I'm better at trolling than I am at playing the game...

Nope.. no troops at all... waste of res... probably build 10 axe to go with my noble...

I apologies... mine whoring is boring so gives me too much time to troll... but am a little confused as to the point of this thread... thought it was to discuss strats, but I guess that was wrong.. I'm now guessing you were asking whether a discussion can be had without it being ruin by trolling.. the answer to that is yes.. though the best way to check imo would be to start a discussion... but what do I know..

DeletedUser

mine whoring is still the way to go, especially with the attack break coming up. for my money there is a lot of sense in going with a defense start up and nobling a barb or bonus but if you have gone all off you need to keep your powder dry until nobles are available.

the ODA rankings tell a story!

my other main observation is that point whores seem to be a lot more plentiful given the slim pickings to be had farming. some are completely bereft of troops but have 20 20 hq and smithy. they might get away with it but i doubt it. this world requires a complete rethink in terms of strategy but for me its still troops first and points after. if you do whore and can get that first conquer then you may be in with a shout but its a major risk.

I would also like to wish my fellow players a very merry Christmas. If Christmas is not your chosen celebration then i wish you a happy holiday.

Yes mate, its interesting to see how differently some of the top players are moving forward, thanks.

DeletedUser

Hey packman1980.

To be honest I'm not sure what your question actually was. I'm not trolling nor trying to be funny, just asking for a clearer explanation please? Then perhaps I can give some input to your topic.

DeletedUser

Hey packman1980.

To be honest I'm not sure what your question actually was. I'm not trolling nor trying to be funny, just asking for a clearer explanation please? Then perhaps I can give some input to your topic.

Of course;

The settings on this world are different to all other worlds on uk, all that i've played on anyway, and i thought it would be interesting for everyone to post their thoughts on things so far, just as stokepa did...

DeletedUser7025

imo rewards will be found in decent start up strategy, and effective use of your troops early game, due to the fact that it will be hard work to replace losses in the early stages due to the res limits etc.

'Discuss' was my interpretation. its a valid and interesting question imo

DeletedUser

This thread seems to be about nothing, you've asked no clear question, and mentioned nothing worth discussing just said things that are clearly true - it forms no basis for a thread. Seems to me like this thread was actually a subtle troll attempt itself.

DeletedUser

Of course;

The settings on this world are different to all other worlds on uk, all that i've played on anyway, and i thought it would be interesting for everyone to post their thoughts on things so far, just as stokepa did...

Ah now I see.

Personally I find no hauls/limited hauls to be probably the best setting the game has produced and I've been playing since June 2006. It limits the amount of work that needs to be done and puts everyone on a similar playing field disallowing the usually top players to double sometimes triple or even go to 5x a normal players size.

My most favorably way to grow is to make friends with everyone you can in your 15x15 to increase the odds of not being attacked thus allowing for the player to increase his resource mines as high as safely possible without being side tracked my recruiting troops for the moment.

When you feel your resource mines are high enough to start recruiting troops I think going defensive is probably the best way to go since we don't have to be as active farming we can go offline and not worry as much about incomings.

I'm also fond of using the Market a lot more then I usually would I've been abusing it a lot this world with over 40 Market trades. The Market being my 'Ace in the hole when the break is active.

Last edited by a moderator: