Approval of Vault script

MeepMeep

Reaction score
Absolutely crazy.

This server is running in this idiot's bedroom as God Mode and has access to the entire world PRIVATE data and you just approve it?

Y'all lost your mind in this community.

W1RED

Reaction score
So how does it work, is there a time limit we need to remove it from our quickbars? also what if someone runs it before they get the memo?

Captain Fish

Reaction score
(1) Why ban the entire Vault when it is just the fake script that is the issue? Why not just ban the fake scripts?
(2) Why announce the banning of a commonly used script on the forums when the majority of players don't read the forums? An innocent player could get banned by not knowing the rules.
(3) Why have different rules for scripts between servers? Surely if a script is deemed "fair" or "unfair", it should be uniform across all servers.
(4) Why should "approved" scripts be so difficult to find, by trawling through the servers? There should be a list of approved scripts, with links, supplied on the TW homepage so that it is easier for people to determine whether their script is legal
(5) Why do regular players get an automatic advantage because of their script library? beginner players should have script built into their TW quickbar so that they aren't at an automatic disadvantage and don't get overpowered by experienced players who know of more scripts

I know of a couple of players who genuinely didn't know scripts were not allowed but they got banned, so this whole script situation is confusing and unfair, particularly on beginners. How are new customers from Steam going to compete with the experienced TW players who have an establisted list of scripts available, and they have nothing?

Brian the Messiah

Staff member
Reaction score
The approved scripts section is linked from several places within the game.

Players are notified that the rules are subject to change and therefore are expected to revisit them regularly.

The UK is it's own market with it's own script rules

Players will be given ample opportunity to remove the script

Regular players have the same access to the script forum as those who have just started

Steam players have access to this forum as well

Captain Fish

Reaction score
When I was a beginner, my first thoughts were "What's a flag? Should I make axeman or swordsmen? What is scavenging? Should I scavenge? How do I grow faster?"

My first question was not: where is the scavenging script that optimises my scavenging.

Any reference to beginners having access to the forums to find legal scripts is ridiculous, given us experienced players struggle to know which scripts are legal. An experienced player can start the game and scavenge optimally immmediately. Perhaps that is why the game is dying and beginners quit because they are so overpowered in term of edge.

Original ODA Addict

Reaction score
When I was a beginner, my first thoughts were "What's a flag? Should I make axeman or swordsmen? What is scavenging? Should I scavenge? How do I grow faster?"

My first question was not: where is the scavenging script that optimises my scavenging.

Any reference to beginners having access to the forums to find legal scripts is ridiculous, given us experienced players struggle to know which scripts are legal. An experienced player can start the game and scavenge optimally immmediately. Perhaps that is why the game is dying and beginners quit because they are so overpowered in term of edge.
Game is dying because people with no life ambitions or anything better to do can just drop hundreds and hundreds of ££ into this game to gain unfair advantages, putting people who play "Games" for fun and enjoyment going elsewhere when there's hundreds of free games that have no p2w aspect and can still carry a hefty profit without damaging the game. TW is just trying to rake in every last penny they can before they officially call it dead and move on.

Captain Fish

Reaction score
It's the fact that winning tribes are allowed to have push accounts at the start as well, so on W54 with the tribe limit of 12, you'll get 24 people starting the world and push-accounting each other until they have 12 double-strength accounts and suddenly they are a world-winning tribe. Beginner players, or players who want to "play fair" have no place in the game because they don't collude to form large accounts. Beginners get left behind because they don't have coplayers and don't have push accounts or free first villages.

Original ODA Addict

Reaction score
It's the fact that winning tribes are allowed to have push accounts at the start as well, so on W54 with the tribe limit of 12, you'll get 24 people starting the world and push-accounting each other until they have 12 double-strength accounts and suddenly they are a world-winning tribe. Beginner players, or players who want to "play fair" have no place in the game because they don't collude to form large accounts. Beginners get left behind because they don't have coplayers and don't have push accounts or free first villages.
That's far from the broken things in this game :D

Damacsta

Reaction score

But that's the life of a beginner.

Learn what flags are, learn what troops to build, scavenge, get overtaken, get beat. learn, repeat.

As with any game, it's a learning process and once they have a grasp of the basic concepts they'll eventually float up to a decent tribe where someone is talking about scripts and points then towards the approved scripts list in the forums.

And now, next round, they'll be better stocked to take on the world.

And I think a lot of F2P games go this way, wales carry the monetisation and F2P players can't compete, at least here there's the prem market to help, and classic worlds to avoid it entirely.