Archer World Build Guide

• Thread starter Sasuke Uzumakii
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Disclaimer: The sole purpose of this guide is not to compare my def/off builds to Openeyes as I'm aware the context and purpose of his strategy is far different, however, I merely used it as an example and it was tested against other builds and produced similar results, as stated so.

I'd appreciate if people would give positive/negative feedback based on their opinion of the guide rather than myself. Here it goes....

Hello everybody,

So I thought I would extract parts from my puzzle guide and put together a guide to both offenses and defenses for Archer worlds. So as usual, when going by with anything, I always try to apply what Purple taught me, the three most important factors in TW (No specific order):

Speed
Efficiency
Versatality

I'll start with my favourite, my defence. Unless I'm missing something, as you'll see, it is infact better than OE's and most/every other defensive build I've seen and I'll explain why in the following. First let me start by sharing my defence build:

- 4005 Spears
- 3250 Archers
- 100 Scouts
- 2000 HC
- 160 Catapults

Now with this defence, I have covered all three factors. OE's HC strategy, requires an extra 1.2 days to be completed, and yet it's not as powerful. Here, have a look at the simulator. I'll refer to OE's Defence as Defence 1 and mine as Defence 2. Now I tested it against an impossible offense, based on a larger scale of the popular offenses from both the better and mediocre players, thus increasing it's versatility and efficiency whereas OE's one is a lot less adaptable to a worthy opponent.

Defence 1)

289eqe1.jpg

Defence 2)

rsdimo.jpg

As you can see, Defence 1 kills fewer troops in total, in comparison to my Defence 2. Defence 2 kills a higher amount of total troops. Furthermore, you can apply OE's strategy as it also includes more HC than OE's defence. So in conclusion:

- Mine builds 2.7 days faster (Speed)
- It's a better defence (Efficient)
- It's has scouts in it. (Versatility) (Allows fanged fakes)

Now onto my offense, again, I've applied the same concept to my offense, just as the defence. Speed, efficiency and versatility. Let's advance with the offense numbers:

- 6250 Axes
- 2940 LC
- 320 MA
- 225 Rams

Evidently, this nuke kills more against a commonly used defence of 8k spears, 2k HC and similarly kills more against another basic D of 6.6k spears, swords and arhcers, all accompanied by a level 20 wall. It's not wise using more than 500 MA in any nuke (bar extreme circumstances). 54 MA can kill 500 archers behind a level 20 wall. Again, this was tested against OE's Offense; I'll name his one Offense 1, and mine Offense 2. Here's the simulator against the impossible defence. Keep in mind I also tested this offense against those defences listed above:

Offense 1)

28iyryx.jpg

Offense 2)

1eq70p.jpg

As you can see, with my Offense 2, a significantly higher amount of troops and resources are lost than the amount lost with Offense 1. So inconclusion:

- Mine builds 6.6 days faster (Speed)
- Mine is evidently stronger (Efficiency)
- It's effective against all calibres of opponents (Versatality)

Note: I think it's also worth mentioning, OE's strat isn't necessarily bad, but he really hasn't taken into account the difference in barracks/stables, nor the overall build time of his count and aimed it at a mediocre audience.

As a final note, I'll leave you with this image to refer back to, so you can see efficiency, versatility, and speed, at it's best ;-)

8z3g39.jpg

Note: Above image is build time on a speed 2 world but same principles apply in terms of time difference.

/Sasuke Uzumakii

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oe's strat was designed for making a versatile defense within the confines of teching.

With that said the build looks nice, though you can change the sp/hc build to make it a lot faster to build for a world like this where it does not matter what you are teching.

DeletedUser319

ok im confuzzled :/ in the offense the defender has 10k more farm space than the attacker so surely the attacker can use 10k more farm space :/

DeletedUser

ok im confuzzled :/ in the offense the defender has 10k more farm space than the attacker so surely the attacker can use 10k more farm space :/

No. It's merely a simulation to see which kills off the most.

DeletedUser

I found this topic extremely useful. Thanks for sharing, I will definitely be using it untill I see a proven better build.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
This has an almost identical build time and is much better:

2071 HC
6445 spears
1864 archer

Your defense:

yourdef.PNG

My Defense:

mydef.PNG

buildtime.PNG

Mine takes 8.99 days on speed 2, yours takes 8.97, this is using the same calculations you did. That's also more mobile due to not using workshop at all. Note that mine is also less archer heavy so fares better if you mix in MA in the attack.

Here's the two again, with more realistic nukes this time, specifically, Sasuke's own nuke just so he can't claim it's an unrealistic nuke.

Your Defense:

yourreal.PNG

My Defense:

myreal.PNG

Last edited:

DeletedUser

"Speed.
Efficiency.
Versatility."

A versatile war machine does not require every village to be versatile in and of itself.

-Scout villages should be pure scouts with all defense brought in externally.
If you need scouts in all villages, support from the scout village. If you need scouts in massive numbers to see through someone else's scouts, you still have them with 100 per village, you don't.

-No more than 20 catapults should be used per village.
When attacking a player, the idea is to remove them of their villages, or immobilize them. In effect, neutralizing them. The only way they can take a village back is with nobles. If you remove only the academy, they cannot build nobles, and you leave yourself with a decent noble target. If you need a few more days, hit the smithy down a level or two, but do not raise it entirely. Because this is more work for you, more expenses in the newly captured village once you get it, and if all factors are to be considered, it means a slower war machine.

-etc, etc.

Also, 'speed' is just a sub-category of 'efficient'.
That which is faster is that which is more efficient.

So, the two important things you need to focus on are 1. Efficiency and 2. Versatility.
Every village should be efficient.
Every player should be efficient.
Every tribe should be efficient.
And this should remain the case at all times.

For a tribe to be efficient, it must also be versatile.
For a tribe to be versatile, it need not be efficient.
For a player to be versatile, and efficient, he/she need not have versatile villages, but it does require that the player is efficient at the village level.

Are you seeing the pattern?

The most important thing in this game is efficiency.
Don't just try to be versatile for the sake of versatility.
Be efficient in your versatility.
Being efficient means that you don't sacrifice something important for the sake of something else, less important.

DeletedUser

While not a horrible build guide, it's not exactly incredible either.

As Veldiryn stated, there are far better builds out there, and to add insult to injury, you're utilizing a very archer heavy defense, and not including mounted archers in your simulations. Therefore, OF COURSE your build is going to look good.

Running a simulation with a mediocre nuke against a mediocre defense (excluding the defense's greatest weakness) and of course you're going to be able to show a build that looks good on the outside. Now in practicality, not so much. Veldiryn's is significantly better, and when adding MA to the mix, outclasses it by a large margin, with only an hour or so's greater build time.

DeletedUser

liked the guide thanks ...

i will try it out when i get a few villages ...

DeletedUser14

Nauzhror your builds merely change the type of troops that die, in your defence more lc die, but less axe do, now i didnt go and calculate the difference in cost or time to rebuild the different troops, but i would think that both your defence and offence builds are pretty similar in how they fair against those nukes/defences.
Both are good, but i wouldn't say yours is better, just different.

DeletedUser

I think I'd also like to point out that this is one of my main defensive builds, and it isn't my main build. It's more of an insight into the factors used when building offense/defense.

DeletedUser

Thanks for posting your insights and work - excellent stuff.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Nauzhror your builds merely change the type of troops that die, in your defence more lc die, but less axe do, now i didnt go and calculate the difference in cost or time to rebuild the different troops, but i would think that both your defence and offence builds are pretty similar in how they fair against those nukes/defences.
Both are good, but i wouldn't say yours is better, just different.

Your correct in the impossible nuke, but when you test mine and his against realistic nukes mine fares better. Also even on the impossible mine killed more total farm space, and makes them lose more resources. There's also the fact mine is less archer heavy and fares much better against a MA heavy nuke, and is more mobile due to having no cats.

For the rebuild part of your question. If you take his nuke and hit it against his defense it will take him 7.51 days to rebuild on speed 2 whereas it will take me 7.03 days. So mine builds in .02 days longer than his, but rebuilds .48 days faster.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The point of the OE's HC defence was completely lost here wasn't it.

DeletedUser

Sasuke OE has taken into considerations the difference in build times. You'll find that hc are used up sniping and defending so that number will come out eventually. Use the strat before you make statements like that.

DeletedUser

Did you not read the disclaimer? Read the entire post before you make statements like that.

DeletedUser

Note: I think it's also worth mentioning, OE's strat isn't necessarily bad, but he really hasn't taken into account the difference in barracks/stables, nor the overall build time of his count and aimed it at a mediocre audience.

I was referring to this part. The disclaimer does not do anything to deny this statement.