Are Barbs Religious?

DeletedUser12564

Do barbs defend as though they are religious?

I forget this every time!

Nauzhror

Reaction score
They're religious. They originally were not when churches were added to the game, but that was changed in an update years ago.

DeletedUser11069

Is Ted66 still around? I think I owe him 200 PP
And religion takes into account the base defense too, so if barbs were religion-less they would be easier to farm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
And religion takes into account the base defense too, so if barbs were religion-less they would be easier to farm.

No it doesn't.

With the defender religious the following is true:

1 spear/1 sword lives at -9% luck but dies at -10% luck.

The exact same is true if the defender is not religious.

Can also check raising wall to high levels to make base defense a higher amount:

Send 50 lc at a village with a 20 wall, 4 die at 0% luck whether defender is religious or not.

Religion ONLY affects troops.

The only time it matters in regards to barbs is on worlds with outside support, in which case spikes used to be half as damaging due to barbs being nonreligious.

Patris Mortem

Reaction score
Then barbs are never religious for this world as there is never any troops? :lol:

Edit: Forgot about the ol abandons

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much, other than barbs caused by delete/restarts/bans religion is a 100% non-issue.

DeletedUser

Pretty sure barbs don't actually construct churches it's only when player villages barb?

DeletedUser12564

Yeah, pretty much, other than barbs caused by delete/restarts/bans religion is a 100% non-issue.

Cheers mate, you've been a real help, just needed to clear that up. My last church world was probably en40.

DeletedUser11750

Of course barbs are religious, they pray to the almighty tudadar.