Army Camp

DeletedUser

Hmmm, i see what both of you are thinking, and i agree with borth of you in a way:/

It will make the worlds more exiting, it would probubly be more "hardcore" (<-love that word, it sounds so "epic") action.

The main problem here is that in "older" worlds (like w1 uk) the core tribes gets a big adcvantage due to size, this does not have enything to do with skills and such. As the core tribes are bigger, they have more troops, can build more camps and by that can get a bigger army with gigantic nukes. That is a fact regardless of how the setting will be for the camps, and a simple calculation is saying that the biggest tribe will automaticly win the fight regardless of skills from both sides (well,, if the bigger tribe suck like hell, then the rimtribe will survive...but the chances of a 1 - 4 rate of skills when "1" is coretribe and "4" is rim is slim at best).

It will ruin the game for rimplayers in the older worlds, regardless of how good they are, they will be stamped on with ease even when theyre 3x as good as the coretribe.

In a newopened world in other words...yet to see regarding of information about the camps, it will probubly work better there :3

Its something here that i dont know, will this update (camps) come to older worlds or just the new ones? It would probubly be great on newer worlds but will ruin for those who started later on the older worlds :|

DeletedUser

Aye. Made me giggle. Especially as I know how they work better than anyone else who has posted in this thread because I was given an in-depth explanation of how they work from a .net admin.

I have too, though it wasn't so much an explanation as a discussion.
anyway @ roch: the problem is, you would be unable to create nobles if you did...

DeletedUser

Its something here that i dont know, will this update (camps) come to older worlds or just the new ones? It would probubly be great on newer worlds but will ruin for those who started later on the older worlds :|

Army Camps can only be implemented on coin worlds, and no older worlds will receive them.

Though I still don't see how it will make it obscenely unfair for newer tribes, as starting a few days or weeks late does not mean much of anything almost a year after a world is opened. Army camps will not change whatever slight advantage core tribes received. If there was an advantage a core tribe had, Army Camps will not drastically tip that scale in their favor.

And the wiki said that Army Camps cost coins, but there are point requirements to the number you can have, so we'll simply have to wait and see how they operate. If a big tribe wants to make some army camps, it's going to directly reduce their nobling capacity. Therefore it's indeterminate how much it's going to tip the scales. After all, it will still take nobles to conquer villages. You don't need an army camp for that.

DeletedUser

Army Camps can only be implemented on coin worlds, and no older worlds will receive them.

Though I still don't see how it will make it obscenely unfair for newer tribes, as starting a few days or weeks late does not mean much of anything almost a year after a world is opened. Army camps will not change whatever slight advantage core tribes received. If there was an advantage a core tribe had, Army Camps will not drastically tip that scale in their favor.

And the wiki said that Army Camps cost coins, but there are point requirements to the number you can have, so we'll simply have to wait and see how they operate. If a big tribe wants to make some army camps, it's going to directly reduce their nobling capacity. Therefore it's indeterminate how much it's going to tip the scales. After all, it will still take nobles to conquer villages. You don't need an army camp for that.

We have to wait and see, as i said im not sceptical about newer worlds, thats a good experiment to try this with a new world or two and see how it goes. I was afraid about older worlds, you see my logic regarding those worlds and i think you agree with what i said about that^.^

It will make the game more strategical, new strategies is needed for surviving. As i think ive readed, an army camp can host 10 villages with nukes, i would happly trow away a train for 4 camps later ingame to say it like that^-^

This will probubly make churchworlds extremely cool to play, as you can hit churches and take them out easier and they have to be defended more strategicaly, espacaly if you can send multiply attacks from 1 camp. Churchworlds wont be as much hug as before :3

There is another question here: can more than 1 player use a camp? I mean that if i and Maria is playing on different accounts and i make a csamp, can she send some of her troops in my camp and by that i can use her troops in my nuke?^-^

And a lasdt one for now: If the camp is destryed, do i get back my coins for a new camp/noble or do i simply spend goldcoins on camps (in this way, you wont lose nobles btw)? >.>

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1189

You certainly have a chip on your shoulder Discord. You seem to of really got cut up about being called narrow minded when all I have done is used your own words that you accused me of being back at you. Look in the mirror is the phrase to go with that. I just acted as your mirror. Im not even going to dignify you with any more attention as its clear your always right and everyone else is whatever you decide to call them. I think this topic should be closed now as its clear what I was wanting to discuss has been taken out of context by less mature members of the community.

DeletedUser

You certainly have a chip on your shoulder Discord. You seem to of really got cut up about being called narrow minded when all I have done is used your own words that you accused me of being back at you. Look in the mirror is the phrase to go with that. I just acted as your mirror. Im not even going to dignify you with any more attention as its clear your always right and everyone else is whatever you decide to call them. I think this topic should be closed now as its clear what I was wanting to discuss has been taken out of context by less mature members of the community.

I'm not the one who made a thread solely to flame Army Camps for a single believed down-side that we don't even know exists yet. You're operating in an unseen disadvantage that we have no clue even exists. You're making assumptions about effects that we don't even know will happen. I'm the one with a chip on my shoulder?

Yes, I am cut up that you in a self-righteous rage had the audacity to talk down to me. As I said, I've accomplished a great deal more than you, and I have made the acquaintance of others who have done far more than myself. I don't consider myself a tactical genius, but evidently I have a great deal more imagination to see new features for what they are: New features. You are the one who threw insults around, not I. The fact that you've done nothing to actually prove your point merely proves that this thread was made solely as a rant about the newest hype. Calling me immature because I said that you're wrong is a wee bit immature yourself isn't it? Stop acting like I came here with the sole intention of making you feel bad. I merely disagree with your analysis of the situation, and certainly with your methods in which to push this silly little agenda. You wanted a discussion, and you got a discussion. You just seem not to have the intention of actually discussing, you just want the world to agree with you and be done with it. When people don't agree, you call them names and "graciously" flee the scene.

We have to wait and see, as i said im not sceptical about newer worlds, thats a good experiment to try this with a new world or two and see how it goes. I was afraid about older worlds, you see my logic regarding those worlds and i think you agree with what i said about that^.^

It will make the game more strategical, new strategies is needed for surviving. As i think ive readed, an army camp can host 10 villages with nukes, i would happly trow away a train for 4 camps later ingame to say it like that^-^

This will probubly make churchworlds extremely cool to play, as you can hit churches and take them out easier and they have to be defended more strategicaly, espacaly if you can send multiply attacks from 1 camp. Churchworlds wont be as much hug as before :3

There is another question here: can more than 1 player use a camp? I mean that if i and Maria is playing on different accounts and i make a csamp, can she send some of her troops in my camp and by that i can use her troops in my nuke?^-^

And a lasdt one for now: If the camp is destryed, do i get back my coins for a new camp/noble or do i simply spend goldcoins on camps (in this way, you wont lose nobles btw)? >.>

I think someone posted the link to the Wiki, you do not get coins back for losing a camp though, and they're a tribal thing. Tribe members contribute their coins to what I'm assuming is a bank sort-deal, and then the leaders build the camps. That means everyone in the tribe can use them, but there's a limit to the amount of troops that can go into them.

DeletedUser5475

Roch you keep claiming that smaller tribes will get crushed by larger ones because the larger ones would have more co-ordination with the army camps.

I would think that if a smaller one had as little co-ordination as your claiming compared to a larger one then the larger tribe would kill the smaller one fairly quickly anyway.

I don't know too much about the details of army camps but it will be interesting to see what it does to affect the case of two large tribes stuck in a stalemate.