Ashes? I need a reply

DeletedUser9748

Tell me gentlemen, you recruited RESIST refugees...so that makes you our...enemies? Is this a war I suppose? Should we sharpen our axes again?

DeletedUser10166

Might the war with Ashes be more fun that the boring one with RESIST?

My nukes hope so :)

DeletedUser10288

Expect my mail in to arrive as soon as I write it . . .

DeletedUser8105

Well,it was obvious that sooner or later the local tribes will try to recruit active RESIST members.
Interesting how diplomats will solve this issue.

DeletedUser

Tell me gentlemen, you recruited RESIST refugees...so that makes you our...enemies? Is this a war I suppose? Should we sharpen our axes again?

Let me start with three words.

pot.kettle.black. (referring to your own recent move from KTHX to WC)

And then continue with an analysis of the three players who left RESIST to join ASHES.

pipsdad: pip was given a free pass to find another tribe by the big B himself, Ballerond!

In a mail to pipsdad, B wrote: "I accept the peace for you mostly, to continue playing. RESIST are no more, so you better search for an active tribe to stay and grow."

hairybear007: has sobered up enough to decide to concentrate on his studies. This is an irishman who drinks by night, barely finding time to wash and eat, and then handles dangerous chemicals by day. A true urban hero.

blackchaosbelow: awkward to talk about oneself, so I'll just stick to the facts.

Incomings from WC since the declaration:

A small collection of 1/3 and 1/2 nukes, crunched on my walls.
A ragbag of nobles, easily sniped.
A handful of fakes and scouts.
1 train, timed perfectly and a thing of beauty.. but easily spotted and dealt with.

That last attack was 4 days ago (22nd October).

Pip and I have been the only two active players in RESIST, and neither of us have been seriously targetted.
WC big guns have obviously been busy targetting the RESIST inactives.

I'm not sure if that even constitutes a war quite frankly, but I'm new to the .uk servers and this seems to be what war means here. I'm not being partisan with that statement.. it was the same when RESIST declared on KTHX. I really don't know and find it pretty mystifying.

So, back on topic, Is 'refugee' the word that defines me, with 4 days gap since the last attack, frankly never having been seriously attacked, and not having lost a single village? That's for others to answer.

I rarely read the forums and seldom post, but given that I've been mentioned in this thread, I've taken pains to reply carefully. I've been told that the required protocol here is to be cocky, self-sure and contentious. For those who choose to read this stuff, I hope I've avoided that :)

DeletedUser9748

I wasn't talking about Pipsdad, he has offered peace to our tribe to leave him alone and I said that nevertheless he has my own peace and he can find another tribe. Your new duke also wanted only him and had never agreed to you and Hairybear.

When a tribe declares war on another tribe and one of the tribes is losing, it's members who decide to flee and join another tribe for their own safety are considered refugees. If I am wrong correct me. You may not have received many attacks due to the distance or whatever other reason. You were on RESIST, who we were fighting, so joining an other tribe after many days of declaration (if you have stated that you do not wish to fight that war and want to play your own way, we would not have considered you refugee) means you are a refugee.

I hope I clarified that for you. And I don't believe the amount of fakes/nukes/nobles define how you were involved in this war or not. Nobling inactives is not our problem since they have gone inactive. They were pretty much active some days ago before the declaration stating their awesomeness for clearing KTHX.

DeletedUser8288

Does this also show because he was the one that posted that Ballerond is now trying to run the show? esspecialy after col the dude one of the original members only posted to make sure the reply only went to mycool maybe its time for him to crack the wip

DeletedUser9748

Does this also show because he was the one that posted that Ballerond is now trying to run the show? esspecialy after col the dude one of the original members only posted to make sure the reply only went to mycool maybe its time for him to crack the wip

What do you care who runs the show? You want a ticket? Sorry, sold out.

DeletedUser

This is all in discussion with the leaders at the moment. BCB I am sure you know the score, if you honestly felt that this would nto have been a problem then you should have cleared it with me and the leaders or Ashes. TBH it looks to me like you are taking the war to their door.

The reason we did not attack you for a few days was because you left the tribe and we were in discussion, then you rejioned resist I am guessing realised there was nothing left to salvage as I guess The Clyde has also gone inactive now?

the fact is that you were a big part of the tribe we were at war with and 3 of you have moved to Ashes. What would you do if the shoe was on the other foot?

DeletedUser

I like Mycool doing diplomacy because I think one person should do it, and he has managed well enough so far. I wasn't thinking about Ballerond when I said that, I was just thinking that I didn't want to have to deal with it, and that it shouldn't be done via the externals in any case :)

DeletedUser

Just for accuracy's sake:

When a tribe declares war on another tribe and one of the tribes is losing, it's members who decide to flee and join another tribe for their own safety are considered refugees.

my 'safety' has never been in jeopardy (see previous mail)

If I am wrong correct me. You may not have received many attacks due to the distance or whatever other reason.

what was the reason?

You were on RESIST, who we were fighting, so joining an other tribe after many days of declaration (if you have stated that you do not wish to fight that war and want to play your own way, we would not have considered you refugee) means you are a refugee.
I hope I clarified that for you.

thank you for clarifying your interpretation of the word. Extending your own argument, you would agree then that you were a refugee when you 'fled' (your terminology) from KTHX to WC? What's good for the gander isn't good for the goose then?

And I don't believe the amount of fakes/nukes/nobles define how you were involved in this war or not.

You may not believe it, but the details in my previous post are entirely accurate, and are therefore perfectly relevant

Nobling inactives is not our problem since they have gone inactive. They were pretty much active some days ago before the declaration stating their awesomeness for clearing KTHX.

I can't comment on this really, other than to stick to facts by saying that they did clear KTHX. I find the game enjoyable enough in itself, so avoid the chest-thumping and the boasting, the twisted truths and insults, the over-inflated hype and general bad-will in these forums. I advise anyone finding themselves taking it all a bit too seriously to do the same.

PS to mycool, I enjoyed exchanging pleasantries with you by PM over the weekend, you have a nice style to you. But, I play the game full and straight. So let's stick to facts. As you well know, at no point were we ever 'in discussion'. [Unless we count you encouraging me to quit and offering to sit my account ;)]. There was no cessation of 'attacks' (cough).

When the shoe was on the other foot, I did not pose any objection to WC recruiting last-men-standing from previous RESIST offensives. But again, you know that full well.

DeletedUser

Ok, I agree, I am not interested in BS and big talk so lets keep to the facts.

Indeed I respect you as a person and as a player and enjoyed our talks over the weekend, but as far as I can see this is a black and white issue.

You were a big part of RESIST, you knew we were at war and we exchanged a few melees. You have since left them and joined Ashes.

If you were looking out for Ashes best interests, and having got to know me as a person, do you not think the appropriate thing to do would be to admit defeat of RESIST, disband the tribe and agree with myself, the leaders of Ashes and my council that you would be free to move to Ashes where an NAP would be established? The way you have gone about it with 3 of you moving there with no notice makes it look as though Ashes are conspiring against us and you are in fact merging with them, thus taking the war to their door.

Ultimately I think you know this has not been the best way to go about it and that it is not acceptable.

How do you propose we move forward?

DeletedUser

thank you for being straightforward.

RESIST:
In an ideal world, I would agree that ending a war as a clean finish is desirable. Unfortunately, things are never that clear-cut. Wars fizzle out rather than end cleanly here. As an ordinary member of RESIST, I have never had the remit to speak for my tribesmates, nor disband the tribe. So there can be no formal surrender.

captain inactive spoke for RESIST when he publicly congratulated WC on your success. Joking apart, reading the stats, you are clear winners. The duke deleted her account. I think that's as much of an admission of defeat as you're going to get.

My decision to leave RESIST was prompted by the duke deleting her account. Combined with captain inactive's post here and the lack of any real attacks from you on my account, the sum of that seemed to me to signal the end of the war pretty clearly.

Pursuing the refugee argument, and flogging a dead horse here in the forums isn't going to get us any further unfortunately.

What is acceptable or not, appropriate or not, is just a matter of opinion. There is no best way to go about things. You obviously don't approve of my actions. What's done is done. I could suggest that conducting sensitive diplomacy publicly in the externals is neither appropriate nor acceptable, but that won't change the fact that that's what you're doing.

ASHES: sugarbiscuit has already posted in this thread that he will be in touch.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
It's simples.. you can argue about what and who is or isn't a refugee but it is meaningless... if Ashes don't do what mycool and council want.. it be war...

And yes, WC took in refugees and then declared war... Ashes take in refugees starting crying that they aren't refugees and offer a NAP... I know what tribe I'd rather be in...

War is fun... I just wish I was closer to Ashes as they have some very good players and I'd expect them to put up a far better fight than RESIST did...

Hey ho... I might just have to go start a war myself...

DeletedUser

to be fair resist did not take them in and then ask for an NAP we were in discussion prior to taking in the "refugees".

DeletedUser3473

Naps are for babies... :)

...and old men.

Quote: Originally Posted by relentlessly pleasant
I could suggest that conducting sensitive diplomacy publicly in the externals is neither appropriate nor acceptable, but that won't change the fact that that's what you're doing.
^ Agreed. PMs people.

Aw, just when it was getting interesting.:icon_confused:

However, if I may put my own oar in... even though I knew Ballerond had given me a hall pass I joined Ashes knowing they were likely to be WC's next target regardless of BlackChaos's move, it stands to reason, as top tribe you gotta keep the next in line down. So whether this particular "refugee" tipped the balance or not war is coming to Ashes anyway and better to have her with us than not.

Watching on the sidelines with interest will be WAY and Win, who let's face it will fall right after Ashes, if WC know what they're doing and can maintain the momentum. But I think they have yet to really prove themselves and I don't say this to be antagonistic (well maybe a little) I say just what I saw and heard whilst in Resist. Sure WC won that war, both on the field and in the forum if I'm honest but that had more to do with inactivity that skillful attacking, I don't think we saw any timed ops. The way Captain Inactive was living up to his name you could have rimmed him completely I'd have thought.

Big hugs, Leonidas the tea-boy.