At which point is a family tribe just too big?

DeletedUser10156

To those that have not noticed there are now 4, YES 4, tribes fighting under the Mayhem name. I thought 3 was ridiculous but this world has reached a whole new low.

9ae2696642beb6897317c0cd5fe793d9
9ae2696642beb6897317c0cd5fe793d9
9ae2696642beb6897317c0cd5fe793d9.png

I can't be the only person who finds this kind of gameplay just makes a mockery of the whole idea of this being a war game. Why is everyone in such a rush to win a world by any means possible? Anyone who has won knows how anti-climatic it is, the fun is the war not the win!

Any achievements made (of which there obviously won't be many) by the Mayhem family will now be due to them mass recruiting every single tribe they can.

How long before Volkan contacts me to ask if we can change our tribe name to M5yhem and we can then just internal our way down to a world win!!! Tribalhugs here we come!

So are Mayhem really so scared of W.A.R that they think this is the only way to win?

DeletedUser13101

Interesting post and a interesting question. The massive mayhem family have some good player, but they are no match for W.A.R and never will be. Have fun :)

DeletedUser

Maybe they just don't like W.A.R, after all what is it good for?

DeletedUser10156

You don't like WAR so you're going to invite all other tribes on the map to join your family tribe?

Makes sense.....ummm not.

Do you not think we have lots of tribes asking us to work with them against you. We sure as hell don't just ask them to change their name to WAR and join the fun. :D

DeletedUser360

They're just very friendly people, if it were up to them we'd all be one big happy family.

DeletedUser10156

A little verse from one of our members who doesn't like to post here himself (because he can't trust himself to behave :p)

Mayhem, M@yhem, M4yhem, whatever way you spell it,
Only one tribe wins the world so you're never gonna sell it.
All those fools you have recruited that think they've found a world to win,
Will discover very quickly that they will be eaten from within.
We've seen it all before and it's becoming rather dull,
We'll meet this challenge head to head and your family we will cull.
I forgot to mention psycho, how could I forget,
Lost villages to NA and then recruited to stem the threat.

DeletedUser

Pretty realistic, just like US, Europe and half the western block against Russia :p

(WAR2 could be China)

global-thermonuclear-war-map.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13101

I didn't think so. Does anyone know if the original owner of the "practice makes perfect" account still plays w19?

DeletedUser10790

You referring to me? (I will assume you are) I do not.

And Clara, you know as well as I that both the W.A.R and Mayhem families are too large. Mayhem just ridiculously so.

blue

DeletedUser

Well for a start family tribal's can never be to big and here your saying that maymem have 4 family tribal's. Do you even have proof of this?? and to be honest that like saying W.O.D was attacking W.A.R and W.A.R2 so badly that you made a desperate move by taking on bored some of there players best players am i right to say that?

I am not saying that W.A.R are a bad tribal but i would like some proof of this assumption before i believe it.

DeletedUser6695

Well for a start family tribal's can never be to big and here your saying that maymem have 4 family tribal's. Do you even have proof of this?? and to be honest that like saying W.O.D was attacking W.A.R and W.A.R2 so badly that you made a desperate move by taking on bored some of there players best players am i right to say that?

I am not saying that W.A.R are a bad tribal but i would like some proof of this assumption before i believe it.

Did you not see the pretty screenshot in the first post?

DeletedUser10156

And Clara, you know as well as I that both the W.A.R and Mayhem families are too large. Mayhem just ridiculously so.

In all honesty Blue we didn't want to go down the family tribe route at all. Mayhem had their psycho, Alpha had their Beta and we were just W.A.R for a long time. However with Alpha, Beta, Mayhem and psycho all cosied up together and attacking what was then Reboot we knew it was only a matter of time before Reboot was defeated. Not because of their ability, but this is a numbers game and eventually numbers will win.

We were never going to support an ally like we would our own and we really liked the players in Reboot. So we took on them and their wars so we could work together rather than just sitting back and watching them. So yes I agree the WAR family is large however this wasn't so we could avoid fighting, we never intended to fight them, we took on their fights

Its nice to see a new poster, welcome to the forums. However I'm not even sure this is worth replying to, the evidence is obviously in my original post. Not a single one of the 100 Mayhem members has tried to deny this.

Your comments about WOD don't make much sense and have no relevance to this post. There was nothing desperate about our recruitment of some select players, you've just admitted yourself that it was their best players. Selective recruitment is normal practice in this game. Its how you make new friends and keep the tribe full of active players. However making whole tribes join your 'family' isn't such normal practice....well apart from in the north of UK19

DeletedUser10790

Never hiding Baz, just away for a variety reasons. I've become rather unreliable this year I'm afraid.

You make a good point Clara. Obviously I must cover my own back here and say that the original Beta tribe was intended to be a 'basher' tribe, and took on the similar name to afford it some protection. It did, however become more than that. I agree with you that after mayhems recruitment you had to adapt your own strategy. I only find it regrettable that worlds continue to end up this way.

Blue

DeletedUser10156

As do I blue, this server is so small that it really isn't necessary. I feel it is due to tribes being desperate to win by any means possible, however they miss the point that winning really isn't fun. I've always been really disappointed after each world win. You put all this time and effort in and you get a few hundred premium points, lose contact with some of the friends you've made along the way, and you get kicked out of an account and world you've crafted for years.

However when we win this world it will be nice to look back on these posts and to remember how Mayhem tried to recruit the world to fight us. This obviously won't end well for Mayhem as any of their decent players who have any idea of how this game should be played will lose their motivation with the constant recruitment and silly diplomatic decisions (commonly known as hugging) they've had to endure. It should be remembered though that this is the aim for Volkan who needs to condense 4 tribes into 1 to actually win

On a side note can you imagine the forum with 100 tribe members? Their forum mod has a full time job on their hands!

DeletedUser10790

I agree it isn't necessary, but I would say it is because the server is so small that hugging and family tribes have become prominent. More people know each other in a smaller server, so naturally they join up with mates around the world. Also, did to the smaller worlds a 'winning' tribe emerges much earlier than on a world with 30,000 accounts. Therefore other tribes rally together.

Volkan has a tough and unenviable challenge, will be interesting to see how they fare. Have attacks started properly yet, Clara?

And aha yep. Imagine if half were 'Pete like posters' and the other half were like cf... Be a tota nightmare

blue