Axemen Or Light Cavalry

• Thread starter Xx WiiTeOuuT xX
  • Start date

DeletedUser

This is just a quick guide on my thoughts about which unit should be used for certain scenarios.

so Axemen or Light Cavalry?

Now your probably thinking that Light Cavalry beats Axemen in every way, if you are thinking this, then your wrong. Heres a few Stats:

Axemen:
Population: 1
Offensive strength: 40

Light Cavalry:
Population: 4
Offensive Strength: 130

Since Light cavalry requires 4 population for 1, this means you could get 4 axemen, now 4 axemen would mean 4x their offensive strength (40) which would be 160. so for the same population as light cavalry you can get 30 more offensive strength with axemen.

However, this is how light cavalry get one back over axemen here are some more stats:

Axemen:
Carry Capacity: 10

Light Cavalry:
Carry Capacity: 80

Now even with 4 axemen thats only 40 carrying capacity where as 1 Light Cavalry has 80 carry Capacity.

Another way Light Cavalry beats Axemen is with its speed, here are some more Stats:

Axemen:
Minutes Per Field: 18

Light Cavalry:
Minutes Per Field: 10

Now im not sure what a "Field" atcherly is but i do know that 10 minutes is a lot quicker than 18 minutes.

Now once you've scouted an enemy and you see hes got X amount of Swords and X amount of Spears, you want to know how many axemen you need to kill the swords and how many light cavalry you need to kill the spears. Or if your clever, how many axemen to kill the spears and how many light cavalry to kill the swords. Here are some more Stats:

Swordsman:
General Defence: 50
Cavalry Defence: 15

Spear Fighter:
General Defence: 15
Cavalry Defence: 45

So, say you have a village which has all Swordsman but no Spear Fighters and hasn't built a wall. You would need 2 axemen for every 1 sword fighter to win. Or you would need 1 Light Cavalry for 8 Swordsmen to win.

and say you find a village that has only Spear Fighters in but no Swordsmen and hasn't built a wall. You would need 1 axeman per every 2 Spear Fighters to win. Or you would need 1 light Cavalry to every 2 Spear Fighter to win. Now remember it is very, very rare that they haven't built a wall. And a wall is important to take into account when working out your attack force because a wall gives a percent defence boost.

Wall Stats:
Lvl 1 - 4% Boost
Lvl 2 - 8% Boost
Lvl 3 - 12% Boost
Lvl 4 - 16% Boost
Lvl 5 - 20% Boost
Lvl 6 - 24% Boost
Lvl 7 - 29% Boost
Lvl 8 - 34% Boost
Lvl 9 - 39% Boost
Lvl 10 - 44% Boost
Lvl 11 - 49% Boost
Lvl 12 - 55% Boost
Lvl 13 - 60% Boost
Lvl 14 - 66% Boost
Lvl 15 - 72% Boost
Lvl 16 - 79% Boost
Lvl 17 - 85% Boost
Lvl 18 - 92% Boost
Lvl 19 - 99% Boost
Lvl 20 - 107% Boost

So from reading this you should have gathered that axemen are good for their population:attack ratio. an Light Cavalry are good for farming with their high speed and high Carry Capacity.

Thank you, for reading.

DeletedUser

if you did not know this can you let me know where your village is? would liek to pay you a visit!

All jokes aside I generally see nukes with 3 - 4000 LC, but having used nukes with 13,000 axes they are pretty devestating. Especially as people seem to go for an even spread of Sprs and Swrds

DeletedUser

Will probably use my usually

6500 Axe
3000 Lc
250 Rams
50 cats

Might use the MA build tho and add in 500 MA

Triarii2D

Reaction score
Someone made a guide as to what the quickest building nuke was, it had something like 5800 axe, 3300 LC and 220 Ram I think. However it wasn't as strong and needed a lot of Iron, I would go for ~7200 axe, ~3100 LC and 220 Rams

DeletedUser4753

Ill be honest pal, this thread is a flame magnet.
Some people of the forums shall flock here and come up with all sorts of flames/digs/slandering comments.

But you know what, i admire you for playing with the maths of this game and trying to make logic of it, not just reading a guide blindly, having a look at all stats you figure could be important and trying to make sense of it all.

Back in the day before tw became as competitive, before the average tw player could farm well attack with real nukes and have balanced defense builds, the top players where the guys who looked at stats and made sense of them.
The old school excel formula's and charts, piled with endless experimentation. Then after taking all the stats going outside the box to see what works in practical terms and not necessarily numerically the best(take hc strat for example).

I don't think this is the place to discuss nuke builds that have already been tried and tested but can tell you there's more things to factor in to discover troop uses and ideal builds.

All being said i like your keen attitude so feel free to pm me and I can put you in the right direction.
Just don't take the more than likely impending flames to heart, we need more willing new players and less overrated ego's imo anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10601

Ill be honest pal, this thread is a flame magnet.
The A holes of the forums shall flock here and come up with all sorts of flames/digs/slandering comments.
I have arrived, and will return tomorrow when I have more time.

DeletedUser2918

Someone made a guide as to what the quickest building nuke was, it had something like 5800 axe, 3300 LC and 220 Ram I think. However it wasn't as strong and needed a lot of Iron, I would go for ~7200 axe, ~3100 LC and 220 Rams

what - no MA or cats???...

DeletedUser

this isn't really for nuke builds, this is more for what unit to use in what instance.

But thank you for the compliments :)

DeletedUser

Will probably use my usually

6500 Axe
3000 Lc
250 Rams
50 cats

Might use the MA build tho and add in 500 MA

Best build in my experiences, although I generally sub some LC for 200-300 MA.

As far as the OP is concerned, good effort, but you could have just linked the wiki page. ;)

DeletedUser4753

Always been curios why so many rams in a lot of player nukes.
I think its 213 that achieves maximum wall bonus negation on this world, so even another handful of rams for fakes still doesn't bring the ram count so high.
I do use wall breakers however my standard troops in a nuke village wont be more than 225 usually and ill only launch 213-217(depends on settings) in the nuke.

Perhaps Im a nub doing it wrong all these years :D Can anyone shed some light>?

DeletedUser

I THINK (Don't quote me on this) that it's 219.

The issue with rams is that it's also based on how much of the defence you kill, so you can have too many rams and not enough nuke. For this reason, I've never believed in wall busters until late game, and even then I only use one or two.

I'm not too sure about why this world would be different, except for the farm rule, so I'm just putting it out there for general TW.

I know most decent players have somewhere in the region of 230-300 rams in their nukes.

DeletedUser4753

The ram table I think your on about showing 219, is useless imo, it basically shows how many rams needed to demolish a wall when there are 0 troops defending

213 im pretty sure is maximum negation. If i wanted the wall down then would be a wall buster, but on a nuke more rams than 213 will add no effect to the actual battle and just take population up.

so in effect 213 rams in a nuke makes a level 20 a wall give the same bonus as a level 10 wall, 50% negation. 1000 rams will still only negate 50%

DeletedUser

I was going off a forum post from about a year ago, I couldn't validate the source, but it wasn't in table form.

DeletedUser

sometimes

19000 axe + 220 rams are really good too..

AND paladin with axe item :D

DeletedUser

Great, except that it'd take at least a month to build. :L

DeletedUser11200

OMG what about team casuals mix nuke sp over sw, sw over axe and x over LC? :p