Backtiming on Uk5.

DeletedUser282

I welcome you to my hypothetical scenario.

Player A sends an axe speed attack at player B.

Player A is 00:36:00 away from Player B axe speed and 00:44:00 at sword speed,

Player B sends a sword speed attack at Player B 8 minutes before Player A's axe attack hits him in an attempt to backtime.

Do Player A's troops get home first as they were sent first or do Player B's troops get home first because Player A's troops began their return after Player B sent his attack.

If that made no sense I'll write it up in numerical form.

Player A is 2 fields from Player B on a 1 speed, 1 unit speed world.
00:00:00 - Player A sends 3500 axe 1500 lc at Player B, will land 00:36:00 and return 01:12:00
00:28:00 - Player B sends 1 sword 2000 axe 1000 lc at Player B, to land at 01:12:00
00:36:00 - Player As attack hits.
01:12:00 - Both player's troops hit Player A's village, depending on the order Player A may or may not lose all his troops.

I looked around the forums a bit and couldn't find an answer to this so if it there somewhere then I am very sorry.

DeletedUser

Well I'm fairly sure it goes down to milliseconds as well, and it would be extremely unlikely for them both to land in the same millisecond using only the power of human reflexes... If this did happen though, I don't know the outcome I'm afraid.

Yah, that was dumb...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7217

Blik the whole point of this is what happens on W5 since there are no ms

Nauzhror

Reaction score
gargareth said:
Do Player A's troops get home first as they were sent first or do Player B's troops get home first because Player A's troops began their return after Player B sent his attack.

Player A's return first.

The order is figured chronologically by command_id.

DeletedUser

say if i send a noble train and it has attacks landing within 100ms...

is that against the rules, or does it not matter because there are no ms?

DeletedUser

say if i send a noble train and it has attacks landing within 100ms...

is that against the rules, or does it not matter because there are no ms?

How can you have a 100ms train on a world with no milliseconds? It's just a string of 4 commands. Even milliseconds did exist it would be slowed down to the legal speed restriction.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
So whoever sends it first wins?

Err, wins?

Sent first lands first assuming they land the same second.

ie. same second backtime = undodgeable.

If having an undodgeable backtime sent at you is winning...then...err..sure?

DeletedUser

Err, wins?

Sent first lands first assuming they land the same second.

ie. same second backtime = undodgeable.

If having an undodgeable backtime sent at you is winning...then...err..sure?

No need to respond arrogant, you knew perfectly well what I meant. Unless you're going to flame for not being a native English speaker, then please refrain from responding in such manner. As a mod, you should give the good example, not the bad.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
No need to respond arrogant, you knew perfectly well what I meant. Unless you're going to flame for not being a native English speaker, then please refrain from responding in such manner. As a mod, you should give the good example, not the bad.

No, I wasn't aware what you meant. Could be construed any number of ways. Also wasn't even remotely aware you didn't speak English natively.

DeletedUser

I checked your theory by asking over 20 people. All of them knew exactly what I was on about.

DeletedUser

I was going to make the same comment as nauz.. i don't see how else you could have meant that...

DeletedUser1508

I checked your theory by asking over 20 people. All of them knew exactly what I was on about.

For the record, I didn't understand what you meant by 'wins' either. Especially in this case, where the person that sent the first attack is definitely the one that 'loses'. Just try not to take things said by the staff personally. Nauz isn't actually always arrogant... maybe once a year he deigns to stoop to my level.

DeletedUser

i too knew exactly what you meant.

basically whoever sends first, gets there first (same time arrival)