BARB BOUNCE SNIPE! HELP!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I had a train incoming to this village: 520|515

The train was split across a second so i decided to snipe this train using a barb bounce.

I only had 1 try with the time i had left using the barbarian village that was nextdoor at 519|515.

All i had to use was 147 HC my troops were supporting and would not return in time. The duration to the barbarian village nextdoor was 11 minutes and 27 seconds.

The first noble landed at 19:39:16 the next 3 nobles landed in the following second at 19:39:17.

Using the barb bounce technique i needed my HC to return home at 19:39:17 because as everyone knows when barb bouncing the attack rounds down to .000ms therefore splitting cross second noble trains right?

I needed to land on the barbarian village at exactly 19:27:50 so that my HC would return at 19:39:17.

YAY! NO LAG! MY ONE ATTEMPT SENT PERFECTLY WOOO!

11 minutes and 27 seconds later...

YUP LANDED SPOT ON WOO! =D

http://uk8.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/1d31b38fbe770fcbbe9e82aaf5464284

WHAT! WHY ARE MY TROOPS RETURNING AT 19:39:18?!?!?!?!?!

HOW?!

MATHS DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT!

19:27:50 + 00:11:27 = 19:39:17!!!!!!!!!

EVEN NUMBER + ODD NUMBER = ODD NUMBER!!!!!

I double checked timings when i sent the attack!
I double checked timings when they returned WRONG!
I double checked timings in the reports!
Where has that second come from?!
The snipe should have been succesful!
It wasnt..
I WANT MY VILLAGE BACK!

http://uk8.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/dd6e2487e922f25d59a5ea26b9d940ec
http://uk8.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/af0f53a1e2bb8da9b0353adf31414562
http://uk8.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/b27b62f8f4612475bb5aae9e75a39778
http://uk8.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/1f1730d1e170062a4191bdddb8ba68b8

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7369

So first time trying to post pictures here goes

screen shot my attack

2j15quo.png

clearly showing the land time to be ending in .604 which according to the mods dealing with laura would mean it rounds up right? well lets make a note of the time for later 20:59:32:604

this next screenshot shows the duration of the attack
6nxdee.png

to hold this for later Duration 1:53:31

If the mods are right then the ms mean that the attack land time should round up (.6 being >.5 unless im really thick) which would mean a return time of 20:59:33 plus 1:53:31 which however many times i do it = 22:53:24

this screen shot shows the actual time

2zh339v.png

oh whats that? the return time is actually based on rounding the land time of .6 down? well i must say i am shocked to see such a thing. whatever could cause that. Oh hang on. the fact thats WHAT IS MEANT TO HAPPEN. so why do the mods insist that it shouldnt and wonder why people feel strongly?

DeletedUser4

[tt]This depends on which second the daemon (event processor) executes the return command as sometimes it can happen in the following second [/tt]

DeletedUser

ok so basically in a game where timing is crucial this processor can randomly decide to invent a second from nowhere for some players and not others?? Your timing is irrelevant?! you can mess up miss a snipe a second early and this processor could jump a second and make your snipe work for you or as with this situation u can get your timings spot on and this processor completely ruins it for you? that hardly seems fair :S

DeletedUser7369

[tt]This depends on which second the daemon (event processor) executes the return command as sometimes it can happen in the following second [/tt]

Are you kidding me? the game doesnt act in the same way EACH TIME? so you can play the game perfectly and you are at the mercy of whether the server decides to cock up? what a pile of excrement. dont bother practicing guys the server will make its mind up at random anyway.

:mad:

appreciate finally getting an answer we can't disprove even if i think it sucks. reckon that must have taken some creative thinking from somewhere. how long has passed since the problem was put down to the ms rounding?

note to save the mods time -

Although the phrase 'cock-up' might appear to be infractable i would explain its origins are actually in beer making. If the batch went bad, they turned the cock (ie tap, or faucet) up to drain the barrel. nothing unsavoury there. hope you appreciate me saving your time infracting me in error.

DeletedUser12

ok so basically in a game where timing is crucial this processor can randomly decide to invent a second from nowhere for some players and not others?? Your timing is irrelevant?! you can mess up miss a snipe a second early and this processor could jump a second and make your snipe work for you or as with this situation u can get your timings spot on and this processor completely ruins it for you? that hardly seems fair :S

Attacks never are processed at the exact time they are scheduled to hit, there's always going to be a tiny delay due to the nature of computers. It just happens that sometimes the delay is large enough to push the process into the next second.

DeletedUser7369

Attacks never are processed at the exact time they are scheduled to hit, there's always going to be a tiny delay due to the nature of computers. It just happens that sometimes the delay is large enough to push the process into the next second.

And you dont think that a programmer could work this out and write in an auto adjust to ensure that when it happens it has no bearing on the game play? This game is time critical. that small glitch in the program was the difference between success and failure and it shouldnt have happened and is completely avoidable.

DeletedUser

Yes i understand computers lag but that is rubbish it completely defeats the whole purpose of this game and undermines any skills you can learn to succeed. Basically dont bother learning anything just mindlessly throw nukes at eachother cos the processors gna screw u over anyways? Why is nothing in place to combat this?! if the processor loses u a second there should be a fix to take a second off the duration or something!

DeletedUser7369

Yes i understand computers lag but that is rubbish it completely defeats the whole purpose of this game and undermines any skills you can learn to succeed. Basically dont bother learning anything just mindlessly throw nukes at eachother cos the processors gna screw u over anyways? Why is nothing in place to combat this?! if the processor loses u a second there should be a fix to take a second off the duration or something!

couldnt agree more. i had time to work out it had messed up using excel. surely the game could be written to run this calculation and ensure its generating the same outcome. where it doesnt. do a replace on the return time with the CORRECT one.

DeletedUser12

It would certainly be possible, but in the event of server problems or other technical issues it's better to have attacks returning from the time the server actually processed them rather than when they were supposed to hit.

DeletedUser7369

It would certainly be possible, but in the event of server problems or other technical issues it's better to have attacks returning from the time the server actually processed them rather than when they were supposed to hit.

better for who? not the customer that has paid to play a game, invested time and effort in it and then calculated PERFECTLY how to save their village and then executed that plan PERFECTLY only to have it fail because the server hasnt done its job. i suggest you consider the complete sewage that you just typed into your computer and then retract it or explain how its better and for who? the lazy programmer that cant be bothered to write a fix maybe?

DeletedUser

not when they were supposed to hit when they DID hit it! It was supposed to hit at 19:27:50 it DID hit at 19:27:50 the report says it hit at 19:27:50!

DeletedUser12

Better for everyone involved. If an attack duration is 30 minutes, and the server has a fault and so fails to process the command until 30 minutes after it should have arrived then using the current method it would still take 30 minutes for the troops to return home. Even if the attack arrived late, it still hits in the correct order and the players have time to react to the returning troops.

If we did things how you suggested then as soon as the processor ran the command it would both hit the village and return home instantly, meaning it would both hit at the incorrect time and return home without giving the player time to react. If you consider this on a global scale (a server error affects all players) rather than the occasional problem with one player when it gets processed one second later so mucks up your snipe then I think the current method is better.

An internet game is full of problems with timing, the biggest being lag. I'm sorry if you weren't aware that you cannot guarantee on the return time being accurate, but that's just the way it is.

DeletedUser7369

Better for everyone involved. If an attack duration is 30 minutes, and the server has a fault and so fails to process the command until 30 minutes after it should have arrived then using the current method it would still take 30 minutes for the troops to return home. Even if the attack arrived late, it still hits in the correct order and the players have time to react to the returning troops.

If we did things how you suggested then as soon as the processor ran the command it would both hit the village and return home instantly, meaning it would both hit at the incorrect time and return home without giving the player time to react. If you consider this on a global scale (a server error affects all players) rather than the occasional problem with one player when it gets processed one second later so mucks up your snipe then I think the current method is better.

An internet game is full of problems with timing, the biggest being lag. I'm sorry if you weren't aware that you cannot guarantee on the return time being accurate, but that's just the way it is.

you know as well as i do that you can write a different fix for a glitch of 1 second to a glitch of 30 minutes. you simply need to write the logic correctly. so calculate the return time if operated properly, and what the current calculation says. if discrepancy is more than 4seconds then ignore if less then fix. 4 seconds would solve this cock up and not cause the issue you are mentioning.

DeletedUser

Is anyone other than you aware?

Its not really acceptable to just turn around and say oh occasionally our servers will do something slightly differently to what would be expected, which will penalize your game play, oh and btw its your tough luck, for not predicting that the system will do something that it doesnt do every time only randomly.

If timing cannot be relied apon then how is the game supposed to be played properly, if this was common knowledge then a different gameplay might have been used, i get lag on my internet, you know what i do? i account for the lag in my timings, what i wouldnt account for is some unknown delay with the game registering a landing time and calculating the return journey.

The game was played as it should, the timing was done as it should have been, yet the outcome wasnt as it should have been because of the systems delay, but it is the player that suffers, and the players problem.

DeletedUser

Your excuses are a load of rubbish and its unfair. I succesfully sniped that attack!! i saved that village. YOUR SERVER changed the timing GIVING that player my village you can see that it was an error with the server the error should be fixed! When the server makes errors like this the players should be reimbursed! I played by the rules! I won that round! He lost it! That village should be mine! "tribal wars timings are unreliable sorry" isnt good enough!

DeletedUser7369

I would like to apologize for a poor choice of words. I asked for the next excuse and that was laziness on my part. What I really want is an explanation why the logic hasn't been written to enable it to fix small glitches that would be better fixed (I am sure you agree this glitch would be better fixed) whilst leaving larger glitches like the one you are righty concerned by to run out over time.

Is it the costs involved, the memory requirements, or simply an oversight that could be looked at in the future?

DeletedUser12

you know as well as i do that you can write a different fix for a glitch of 1 second to a glitch of 30 minutes. you simply need to write the logic correctly. so calculate the return time if operated properly, and what the current calculation says. if discrepancy is more than 4seconds then ignore if less then fix. 4 seconds would solve this cock up and not cause the issue you are mentioning.

You are quite correct, this would be possible. Honestly, I think that would be better too, I've just been trying to explain the reasonings behind how the original developers implemented it over 6 years ago ;)

If Tracey is happy with it then I'd be happy to suggest making that change.

DeletedUser

And in the meantime im expected to put up n shut up while your server gives my villages away?

Status
Not open for further replies.