barb growth rate

• Thread starter DeletedUser4687
  • Start date

DeletedUser4687

I barb at 26 points I got to restart right next to me is now at 79 pts (it also grew a wall...grr). Is the growth rate in this world really fast or did I just get really unlucky?

DeletedUser

Barbs tend to grow faster than players at the start, because they build randomly and so have a higher chance of building high point things (HQ, market, rax etc.) than a player, who typically focuses on resources or troops or something first.

Of course I have no idea how the scripts and things that control barbs work, but that's how i've always read the scenario.

DeletedUser679

I barb at 26 points I got to restart right next to me is now at 79 pts (it also grew a wall...grr). Is the growth rate in this world really fast or did I just get really unlucky?
Someone said to someone (and i overheard) that this world has the 2nd fastest barbarian growth ever, right after w41 on .net. :p
If it's true or not, i do not know.
<barbarian_rise>
</barbarian_rise>
<barbarian_max_points>
</barbarian_max_points>

DeletedUser

Someone said to someone (and i overheard) that this world has the 2nd fastest barbarian growth ever, right after w41 on .net. :p
If it's true or not, i do not know.
<barbarian_rise>
</barbarian_rise>
<barbarian_max_points>
</barbarian_max_points>

I was talking to someone, and they said that when you take world speed into account, this one is faster.
W41 was 1.6 speed iirc.

DeletedUser679

I was talking to someone, and they said that when you take world speed into account, this one is faster.
W41 was 1.6 speed iirc.
True, but the world speed itself does not affect the barbarian growth directly, it was meant as comparison of 1.6 speed to speed 1.
Meaning, you don't multiply world speed with barbarian growth rate, like you do with troop speed to get the modifier.

DeletedUser

True, but the world speed itself does not affect the barbarian growth directly, it was meant as comparison of 1.6 speed to speed 1.
Meaning you don't multiply world speed with barbarian growth rate, like you do with troop speed to get the modifier.

1/1.6=.625
.075>.0625
Because world speed does not affect the growth rate, comparatively, players grow faster.

DeletedUser679

1/1.6=.625
.075>.0625
Because world speed does not affect the growth rate, comparatively, players grow faster.
True. To sum it up, barbarians grow faster in w41, but compared to players UK5's barbarians do.

DeletedUser4687

Does someone know the actually algorithm used to calculate barb growth. Or post a link to a thread that explains it.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Does someone know the actually algorithm used to calculate barb growth. Or post a link to a thread that explains it.

To the best of my knowledge barbs have a percent chance to queue a building every minute.

This percent here is 2.5 times what it is on the average world.

DeletedUser

To the best of my knowledge barbs have a percent chance to queue a building every minute.

This percent here is 2.5 times what it is on the average world.

You learned that from me :p
But yeah, with .0075 barb growth rate, a barb will build (on average) 10.8 buildings per day.
Because of that, if you have 3 barbs in your area, there is a 98% chance that at least 1 will have 1/1/1 mines by end of day one, nice for farming isn't it.