Barb shaping question

DeletedUser

Is farm capacity an issue for automatic barb growth?

In other words: if I want to encourage the mines to grow, do I need to make sure I leave a big enough farm?

DeletedUser

So I can cat the farm down and still enjoy mine growth? That's great news!

DeletedUser4493

In worlds where barb growth is constrained by points, then you'll have to work out how much you can knock the farm and HQ down (as well as all the obvious) to get the most out of the resource production. Imho

DeletedUser

In worlds where barb growth is constrained by points, then you'll have to work out how much you can knock the farm and HQ down (as well as all the obvious) to get the most out of the resource production. Imho
surely you knock them down to 1?

DeletedUser4493

I could well be wrong, but I assumed that the resource production still requires farm space in barbs.

DeletedUser1508

No, barbs still grow when having a level 1 farm.

DeletedUser

Hehe. Oh dear. Can anyone from Innogames clarify, please?

DeletedUser

I always thought that the hq/farm level of barbs was really irrelevant. If you're shaping it, you want 0 wall, 30 warehouse (if you're inactive) and 30 mines. If you nuke it down to 1k points, it'll regrow and might regrow a wall, which is annoying, so your best bet is to leave it at max points, but get the desired buildings in first.

DeletedUser

Barb growth is not affected by farm space as already stated. Barbs still follow the basic building requirements however. Thus knocking out the HQ will stop barracks and therefore walls being built.

As to taking out the farm it still works as I have plenty of shapred barbs on W1 with the HQ and farm at level 1 and ~1550 points. Only keep the warehouse between round level 20 as well.

The choice of building for a barb to build is only based on what can be built with the current levels of buildings in accordance with the requirements - pot luck really (though I have seen barbs grow quicker if you don't farm them to 0 res all the time - no proof though).

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Farm's unnecessary for barb growth, same for warehouse.

Thunderhorse said:
(though I have seen barbs grow quicker if you don't farm them to 0 res all the time - no proof though).

I've seen several people believe this to be the case, many of which I consider to be good players even (Leighton on .net comes to mind), but it is simply not the case. How heavily a barb is farmed has nothing at all to do with its rate of growth, it's entirely based on virtual dice rolls.

DeletedUser4493

Farm's unnecessary for barb growth, same for warehouse.

How heavily a barb is farmed has nothing at all to do with its rate of growth, it's entirely based on virtual dice rolls.

Does that mean that the speed at which mines etc. are built is not affected by the HQ level in barbs?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Does that mean that the speed at which mines etc. are built is not affected by the HQ level in barbs?

Yes that means that. Barbs don't actually queue things. They just have a random chance to have them instantly built.

DeletedUser

Do you know how often the dice is rolled, or what the chance is?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Do you know how often the dice is rolled, or what the chance is?

1,000 sided dice essentially, the barb growth rate determines what the roll must be to have it grow.

For instance most worlds are .003

ie. There is three in 1000 chance of a barb growing every time the dice is rolled.

The fastest world to date was .01 where they had a 1% chance of building something every update instead of the usual 0.3%.

Not entirely sure how often the check is made though, but I 'believe' it is once per minute, which would mean that on an average world each barb would build 4.32 buildings per day. (Some more, some less of course, but that'd be the average, 24 * 60 * .003)

DeletedUser

Soz for appearing slow here, just want to get one thing straight in my head:

If warehouse is not needed, and you cat it down, do rezzies still accumulate beyond the nominal warehouse capacity?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Soz for appearing slow here, just want to get one thing straight in my head:

If warehouse is not needed, and you cat it down, do rezzies still accumulate beyond the nominal warehouse capacity?

No.

They just don't actually spend resources when building buildings so therefore they can build something that would normally cost more resources than would fit in their warehouse.

DeletedUser

1,000 sided dice essentially, the barb growth rate determines what the roll must be to have it grow.

For instance most worlds are .003

ie. There is three in 1000 chance of a barb growing every time the dice is rolled.

The fastest world to date was .01 where they had a 1% chance of building something every update instead of the usual 0.3%.

Not entirely sure how often the check is made though, but I 'believe' it is once per minute, which would mean that on an average world each barb would build 4.32 buildings per day. (Some more, some less of course, but that'd be the average, 24 * 60 * .003)

thanks, interesting stuff.