Barb Spikers... your views

DeletedUser8610

Personally I think these people are scumbags. because they are essentially attacking indisciminately and not facing up to the consequences, in this early point in the game I think it's as spineless as excessive barb nobling at a later stage. others may think its good strategic sense...

... whats your views?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8807

its not good early in the game but later on if two big tribes are at war i think its good to spike all of the barbs in the other tribes terrotory

DeletedUser

Its a strategy, a startegy that is ineffective 90% of the time.
However, there are a few players that do it well.

DeletedUser

Spiking can be very effective. If you do it right you can destroy a player's ability to farm efficiently making things much easier for yourself. But it can get very annoying when it happens to yourself repeatedly.

@keils

Spiking is really only effective in early game as players do not have scouts to find if a farm has been spiked. Plus with the amount of troops you have to use in early game is very small so it does much more damage when you lose 60 spears.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

At this point in the world it just seems to be a waste of your own troops and ressies that you could be using to go out farming and building up properly.

DeletedUser8385

if i start a world and want to quit it i will mass swords and spike like crazy

DeletedUser8610

Well I must be out of date for having foolish notions of 'fair play' If I could find out who these 'Strategists' where and also were they lived I'd happily go to their house regardless of cost and beat them to death with their own computers

DeletedUser9051

if i start a world and want to quit it i will mass swords and spike like crazy

amazed you would do this and double face palmed amazed that you admit this in public? Spiking if playing meh it is necessary at times but if you quitting?

Just a horrible feeble low down and sad way to go about TW :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

If you have 1 barb round ya, and 3 other (active) players , then you have a huge advantage if you kill their farm troops = They cant farm and need to rebuild their troops which will cost them 6-8 hours depending on mines... ; You can farm 6-8 hours (well depending on how fast/slow the other player builds up his troops) and gain more resources; the outcome is that you get more resources, destroy the enemies troops, and will eventually get more troops than him, bash him after bp , and on and on...

It is a good tactic, no doubt. Whether it is morally correct is another thing. I don't really see them as scum but also not great players

DeletedUser6695

imo spiking can be done tactically

But most noobs just do it cause they suck and want to slow down the good players which is ghey

DeletedUser8807

are you calling me a noob:icon_eek:
not that i spike barbs:icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Good strategy if you do it right. Very helpful. I've done it, and have had it done to me MANY times. Can't stand it. >.<

Spiking is why I'm such an avid support of "No outside support". I might wouldn't be so harsh on spiking if the paladin wasn't a spartan ninja samurai chuck norris.

DeletedUser

Barb spiking is a very effective to make players give up and restart/delete or minewhore instead. So profit either way really. I hate getting spiked but I haven't been so far as my area was pretty inactive and I was first to rax.

DeletedUser1511

Personally I think these people are scumbags. because they are essentially attacking indisciminately and not facing up to the consequences, in this early point in the game I think it's as spineless as excessive barb nobling at a later stage. others may think its good strategic sense...

... whats your views?

HAHAHAHAHA Man you are an idiot :lol: