Battle of The Tribes- Team Members

DeletedUser7369

hmm hearing conflicting things here but knowing the make up of the "pre-made" i would honestly question why that caused a problem. None of us are elites and therefore the tribe would not benefit from having lost the first 15 spaces if anything it would be hampered by it. Why would that cause other leaders to object?

I was informed that there was an issue with one of the leaders (i know which but am not going to get into mud slinging) claiming that Matt was not a big enough name to lead a BotT tribe. Most of the uk players would scoff at that idea knowing him to be a solo player attaining rank 1 on w4 however apparently that doesnt mean enough to keep this other leader happy.

Even with just 3 leaders i would suggest BotT could happily go ahead on that basis. in fact, with the numbers interested 3 tribes would have been ample.

perhaps matt should have been less honest, joined as a BotT leader had his share of players allocated then simply recruited his mates a few days into the world as there would have been ample space in each tribe to recruit 15 players.

Either way, with no BotT does that mean the egos that had planned to join it will now give this world a miss entirely or simply form a super pre-made until their ego's get in each others way or until they decide the world has no competition for them......

I look forward to finding out.

DeletedUser

Either way, with no BotT does that mean the egos that had planned to join it will now give this world a miss entirely

Some of them will be found in a certain premade that was announced...last night. :icon_razz:

As for the BattleAxe/Human In Disguise issue. lightyjo told them they could use pre-selected premades as teams, yet mentioned nothing of the sort to the people that joined under the assumption that all four teams would be drafted.

Additionally there were ~50 members in the chat, which meant 12 per K, which wouldn't have worked, the tribes wouldn't have even survived till nobles. To work with less than 80-100 members requires all four tribes going the same direction. That's actually the only way I think any idea of this nature would have worked, but most people disagreed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7369

aw dont be cryptic or make me look in other threads lol post a link. :D

DeletedUser5582

alas this not going ahead. Is no point explaining why and very sorry for the 80 accs that were signed up to this. If you are left high and dry then do say and will see if can't get you into other pre mades.

DeletedUser

I am disappoint. Won't be joining UK10 any longer, dun miss me guys.

DeletedUser

hmm hearing conflicting things here but knowing the make up of the "pre-made" i would honestly question why that caused a problem. None of us are elites and therefore the tribe would not benefit from having lost the first 15 spaces if anything it would be hampered by it. Why would that cause other leaders to object?

I was informed that there was an issue with one of the leaders (i know which but am not going to get into mud slinging) claiming that Matt was not a big enough name to lead a BotT tribe. Most of the uk players would scoff at that idea knowing him to be a solo player attaining rank 1 on w4 however apparently that doesnt mean enough to keep this other leader happy.

Even with just 3 leaders i would suggest BotT could happily go ahead on that basis. in fact, with the numbers interested 3 tribes would have been ample.

perhaps matt should have been less honest, joined as a BotT leader had his share of players allocated then simply recruited his mates a few days into the world as there would have been ample space in each tribe to recruit 15 players.

Either way, with no BotT does that mean the egos that had planned to join it will now give this world a miss entirely or simply form a super pre-made until their ego's get in each others way or until they decide the world has no competition for them......

I look forward to finding out.

Exactly, my and shlomzi's drafting would cause our tribes to be significantly better than the others. With Matt and Human not in the BOTT, shlomzi himself withdrew from BOTT.

DeletedUser7369

If your drafting was that good why object? I think that in all honesty your ego makes you unfit to lead anyway so its probaby for the best you bottled it despite everyone agreeing you could pick who you wanted to try and massage said ego.

DeletedUser

I think that in all honesty your ego makes you unfit to lead anyway

Cory is one of the humblest leaders that I have even any real level of respect for. Nearly ever good leader is arrogant.

Two most arrogant leaders I've likely been led by would be Pervis and Harlos, neither of which Cory is even close to competing with in a battle of egos.

DeletedUser

If your drafting was that good why object? I think that in all honesty your ego makes you unfit to lead anyway so its probaby for the best you bottled it despite everyone agreeing you could pick who you wanted to try and massage said ego.

That shows how ignorant you are. I never brag, unless jokingly to friends on skype. The point of the BOTT was to draft. Having half of the leaders using a premade takes away the whole point. The tribes were meant to be balanced. The only way to do that is to draft. (Well, hoping they know who they are drafting too)

DeletedUser

LOL this made be laugh! You seriously couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. Cory is easily the most laid back leader playing the uk servers and his attitude towards everyone he plays with is commendable, whether it be tribe mate or foe. I have never known him bottle anything at all and I know he would happily go down fighting if awarded a poor draft. He also doesn't hold personal grudges which you clearly do.

DeletedUser5582

Ok before this gets out of hand let me say this.

Is a shame that Battle of The Tribes folded when so very close to going ahead (drafting had begun). I can see where Cory is coming from when saying the original ethos of idea had been changed i.e. two of the leaders had a pre made (of 15 and 14 accs respectively) but knowing that two leaders had dropped out (three if you included Ruffus) and knowing that I had had to find replacements am bit peeved that he couldn't have let this go?

But such is life.

Cory was at all times laid back (horizontal in fact!!) but saying other leaders left is disingenuous here and am just sorry for all those that signed up that we have let you down.

Now for the future! (note none of below is aimed at any individual just my thoughts on how this could work)

I do not think this concept will ever work in its current form as on one hand folks want an "elite" group fighting it out but are dismissive of anyone that hasn't played a huge amount of .net worlds. That they class only around 20 players to be "worthy" would make getting a decent number of players quite hard! Attitudes need to change amongst some of the "names" in TW who are far too quick to be haters which is sad to see.

Next. The skype chat needs to be controlled as folks let in the trolls and many folks left through the spam and abuse. Switching off the add function a start and removing those just there for the new shiny thing in TW too.

The leaders: Who do you have? One person's Hannibal is another's fool! Also getting commitment is tough. For this to work perhaps the leaders need to do more in getting in players? My biggest mistake was not checking each item through as we went along but very hard to get agreement between 2 TW players (what build anyone!!) let alone 4. Think simple rules agreed at start then all work together.

Actually, to get 120 accounts (so 200 players or so) is nigh on impossible. I think the only way this would work would be for the 4 tribes to start in one K and it to pitched a start up contest to avoid the commitment issues.

Perhaps that would stand a chance.

My thanks to Cory and Conor for staying the course where others dropped out and for Matt and Chris for stepping in and sorry for wasting your time.

Huge ty to those that signed up and very sorry if this has put a dampener on UK10. Was an nigh on impossible task and we nearly pulled it off.

Ok going to leave this thread open to see if we can have a constructive chat on why this failed, how it could work or of it should be consigned to the dustbin of good ideas but don;t go there!

No personal insults please or will just close the thread as is a pointless exercise and if you need to moan then do it on pm.

DeletedUser

I do not think this concept will ever work in its current form as on one hand folks want an "elite" group fighting it out but are dismissive of anyone that hasn't played a huge amount of .net worlds. That they class only around 20 players to be "worthy" would make getting a decent number of players quite hard! Attitudes need to change amongst some of the "names" in TW who are far too quick to be haters which is sad to see.

So very true :(

Maybe a world should be made purely for these "names" then all 20 of them can just play with themselves (I heard they like this) And wouldnt have to go through the hardship of playing with someone that cant name drop a W23 Tribe when they need to feed their superiority complex!

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Ok before this gets out of hand let me say this.

Is a shame that Battle of The Tribes folded when so very close to going ahead (drafting had begun). I can see where Cory is coming from when saying the original ethos of idea had been changed i.e. two of the leaders had a pre made (of 15 and 14 accs respectively) but knowing that two leaders had dropped out (three if you included Ruffus) and knowing that I had had to find replacements am bit peeved that he couldn't have let this go?

I'm not seeing where you 'had' to do anything. I do on the other hand see where you tried to organize everything without anyone really asking you to. Additionally when you did so you did not inform any of the people that were in the "draft" chat that you had told tribes they could partake without drafting.

lightyjo said:

I don't think anyone involved said playing on several .net worlds was something required to be considered "good". In fact I'd much rather a new-ish player who shows signs of above average intelligence and is eager to learn over an old player who is set in their ways and refuses to improve.

lightyjo said:
I think the only way this would work would be for the 4 tribes to start in one K and it to pitched a start up contest to avoid the commitment issues.

Here I agree, for the reason you listed, and one you didn't. All in the same direction can work with a smaller group of people, whereas all 4 directions can't. As is we were looking at 12 people per direction. Could I handpick 12 people of my choosing and dominate a core K with them? Yes. Could I do so with 12 random people? No. At least 2 of the 4 tribes would have gotten slaughtered in an early-nobles war with one of the tribes in their own direction before securing their home continent enough to fight the other BOTT tribes.

DeletedUser

It seems people are confused on what the actual idea of Battle of the Tribes was. The point was to get 4 tribes who were equal in skill so it would actually be an interesting world, as opposed to a world like Uk9 where one tribe just runs away with the leads, gets bored and quits and then remnants of their noble targets form a new rank 1 tribe and boast about it. That point is completely lost if leaders already have their own premade. What's to differentiate 4 premades battling against each other from every other world? Uk9 had 4 premades too, as did the 8 world preceding it. The selling point for BoTT was it would create a levelled stage so competing against other players would actually be challenging. There was always going to be a range in leading skills, but to then range the memberlists would make the whole exercise completely pointless. In my (personal) opinion, Cory and Shlomzi are better leaders than BattleAxes and HumanInDisguise. So if Cory and Shlomzi get the better memberlists with the drafts (the notion I'm receiving is the remaining members in the memberlist were superior than that of BattleAxes/HumanInDisguises memberlists), they would completely dominate the other two. Keep in mind, this part is only my opinion. If BattleAxes and HumanInDisguise put their members into the draft list, and they take turn picking members, it would be much more interesting.

In my opinion, they don't all need to be "elite", just every tribe should have the same amount of "elite", mediocre and new players. If one tribe has 10 "elites", the other 3 tribes should have 9 or 11 "elites" too. I personally would enjoy it much more if everyone was "elite", but it just isn't feasible on .co.uk

Actually, to get 120 accounts (so 200 players or so) is nigh on impossible. I think the only way this would work would be for the 4 tribes to start in one K and it to pitched a start up contest to avoid the commitment issues.

You don't need all 120 accounts, you could do it with much less than 30 per K. In Uk9, both the rank 1 and rank 2 tribe have 12 players spread across the whole world; an average of 3 per K. If you go 4 times that and get 12 per K, that's only 48 accounts. I would presume that wouldn't be too hard considering the amount of interested Cory's thread generated.

I suppose another factor would be the amount of interest generated by Nauz'z and KV's tribe?

I was always pessimistic about the outcome of BoTT, but I did assume it would actually join a world before failing.

DeletedUser5582

some good points above. Remember we did have leaders drop out and need replacing.

Yes Nauz you are right I didn't need to do anything and have learnt not to do so in the future. Folks will get this going or they won't and my bad for thinking could get this running.

Admiral Phoenix you are spot on that 4 tribes needed to be of equal caliber. Hard part is getting 4 leaders who would know all of the folk that applied and pick accordingly in a draft. That is why I think this will never get going as very hard to find 4 such leaders and impossible to get those 4 to be able to do this at the same time? I mean find even a few people would would agree on who those 4 leaders would be is hard enough!

The start up idea in one k is about as far as this idea will go in practicable terms (which would be fun in its own right).

DeletedUser

:icon_redface:

Aw shucks.

Long time no see.

That is has been. ^^ You still plan on playing UK10?

That was never posted about till after BOTT had been dropped for UK10.

My mistake, but it does skew any chances of BoTT being reformed.

Admiral Phoenix you are spot on that 4 tribes needed to be of equal caliber. Hard part is getting 4 leaders who would know all of the folk that applied and pick accordingly in a draft. That is why I think this will never get going as very hard to find 4 such leaders and impossible to get those 4 to be able to do this at the same time? I mean find even a few people would would agree on who those 4 leaders would be is hard enough!

But then it's the leaders responsibility for who he/she picks. There will be some variation, but since no leader will know every single member, the teams will be much more even than, say, using preselected premades.