BB CODES PROBS

DeletedUser6955

im having major probs with my bb codes , in that when i write a message and try to insert a bb code.the code always jumps to the beginning of the sentence, it doesnt go where i want it to go.
any budding whizzkids out there gimme a solution to this problem

DeletedUser6695

try clicking where you want it to go with the cursor before clicking the BB code?

DeletedUser6955

still the same

tried that but code still jumps back to the beginning of the sentence

DeletedUser7124

yeah it does that but just highlight the texct and drag it to where you want it to be placed bud

DeletedUser920

To answer the op - it's a nuisance, but if you highlight the text you want to put into BBCode and then press the button, it will stay where you wish it.

It depends on the browser, but you may find that if you press return once or twice before pressing the BBCode button (so there is a return line after the last text) then you will probably be able to place the BBCode first and then type the text that you want.

Don't know why it has started doing it - I'm sure that it did not use to - maybe it will change with the next update...

AlmostEasy is right that other browsers are better to play TW on, it's just a question of whether you find it important enough to download another browser - if you're not constrained by a workplace policy, it is not difficult.

DeletedUser

Get a decent browser. Like Firefox or Opera.

Really good advice from a part of the development team but i like using IE and will continue to do so, i am having the same problem as are a lot of others i know of.
I believe that PP has found the cause of the problem after having trouble trying to recreate it on their own machines and it will be fixed with the next small update, just have to make do with other browsers until then.

DeletedUser

Really good advice from a part of the development team but i like using IE and will continue to do so[...]
Trust me, it's great advice.

IE is a terrible browser for a lot of things. TW is one of them.

DeletedUser

All versions of IE fail at many things. I should know, i am a web developer.
The more people i convert to good browsers, the easier my job is :)

DeletedUser6955

THANKS GUYS...I CHANGED BROWSER TO OPERA ,AND ITS BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN...BIG THANKS

DeletedUser

I am running on Opera or firefox depending on my mood.lol. Yes i too have BB code problems so have to write in the coding...any ideas?

DeletedUser6955

OPERA

i just downloaded opera and im like a pig in brown stuff now...BB CODES are back...happy days:lol:

DeletedUser6695

I am running on Opera or firefox depending on my mood.lol. Yes i too have BB code problems so have to write in the coding...any ideas?

Im on opera and having no probs mate, tracey said in the thread in general there is a bug so mebbe thats affecting you

DeletedUser

I use Chrome for general play and Opera for sending trains.

No problems for me. I have found this game doesn't like IE.

DeletedUser

15-03_performance_comparison_of_web_browsers_large.jpg

Just to point out how awful IE is.

DeletedUser

Eh, depends what you're looking for.

Some people who love Chrome might despise Firefox, and vice versa.

But I think it's an accepted fact that IE is the laughing stock of browsers.

DeletedUser

Chrome has some nice plugins for it now and it would probably make a good replacement for Firefox. Firefox is getting quite sluggish.

DeletedUser

Ehhh, true. I've been using the Mozilla developer's preview for a bit though and it's surprisingly good. Especially for Mozilla.