BB-codes - what on earth?

DeletedUser

This professes to be an english server yet still the colour BB-code is color not colour. May I ask why?

DeletedUser

In HTML, CSS, and most codes where colours are editable, the word used is Color.

I think this is the reason why.

DeletedUser

because FF defaults to english-US for the spell checker?

DeletedUser

In HTML, CSS, and most codes where colours are editable, the word used is Color.

I think this is the reason why.

You have a good point actually, I've just checked that and you're right. But still you would have thought they'd of attempted to change it. Maybe they have, regardless, my question is answered, ease is the answer.

DeletedUser360

Americans are a lot more famous for things on the internet and I think they are using the global template of BB-codes instead of changing it themselves. Obviusly they added ally, player, village etc.

Would be easier to remember how to spell "color" too for all those people who get it wrong.

DeletedUser

You have a good point actually, I've just checked that and you're right. But still you would have thought they'd of attempted to change it. Maybe they have, regardless, my question is answered, ease is the answer.

I am sure they could change the template files, but it is a built in BB code for the forum software, so it is much easier just to leave it.

DeletedUser

Americans are a lot more famous for things on the internet and I think they are using the global template of BB-codes instead of changing it themselves. Obviusly they added ally, player, village etc.

Would be easier to remember how to spell "color" too for all those people who get it wrong.

Why are americans more famous then english ?

DeletedUser

They also seem to be the foremost in the 'western civilisation' at the moment, most other western cultures adoring them (us included) and the eastern ones setting jihads on them etc. America is more famous full stop. As much as britain hates to admit it, we've fallen from the lime light, we had the largest empire EVER and yet no-one seems to remember that.

That's why.

DeletedUser

They also seem to be the foremost in the 'western civilisation' at the moment, most other western cultures adoring them (us included) and the eastern ones setting jihads on them etc. America is more famous full stop. As much as britain hates to admit it, we've fallen from the lime light, we had the largest empire EVER and yet no-one seems to remember that.

That's why.

Or, y'know, simplicity. But your version is good too.

DeletedUser14

Yeh i can agree on that
:mad:

That's why.
Everyone hates Britain for that, maybe thats why.

DeletedUser

:mad:
Everyone hates Britain for that, maybe thats why.

And that makes it so much funnier! I LOVE camping in scotland and ireland. I'm still unsure as to which country hates us the most. I find it hilarious.

[immaturity]Also, NOWAH!! YOU CAN'T STEAL MY COLOUR![/immaturity]

DeletedUser14

Check out my id, i think i own it, i was like, dat little ****, when i logged in to see you posting:icon_twisted: but we can share im sure:)

And i would think it is pretty much even between the scots n us, we are basically the same, except they have a weird lingo :p

DeletedUser360

That's why.

Let's use the american army to take back our empire!

DeletedUser

Let's use the american army to take back our empire!

Your empire,u never had an empire,u never had a country till 500 years ago.

And yes more people in america may use the internet,but more boys still live in there mother's basement.

Britain has the best trained land army in the world regardless how big your army is.

I fail to see how america is so great,when the only reason they joined in the war was because japan was taking over the pacific.

This is a UK server,if u want to boast about america go to ireland,and trust me they still wont care.