best runners? 100 meter sprinters in a marathon

DeletedUser

There are many types of players on this game but few regarded as truly great.

I am not going to mention names here and don't want it to be about individuals.

Just thoughts on the following: If i was going to enter a marathon and sprint the first 100 meters i would probably be in the lead. If i then quit it could be considered poor form to then say anyone who now does well is only going to do well because i have left.

There seems to be many players here that go all out at the begining of a world fighting for top spot and having milestone awards all over the place but then just leave. I can understand if they were quitting but it's often to do the same on the next world.

I am no one to criticize and everyone plays for their own enjoyment but i do believe that if there was a poll of the best players then the ones doing this would spring to most peoples minds.

DeletedUser6695

Its not the fact that these people can't play late game, they just get bored.

Btw how are those T-TRains coming along
:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

i suppose, i get bored after 20+ vilages and just quit too, each to their own. T-trains are getting pretty good ;)

DeletedUser

There are many types of players on this game but few regarded as truly great.

I am not going to mention names here and don't want it to be about individuals.

Just thoughts on the following: If i was going to enter a marathon and sprint the first 100 meters i would probably be in the lead. If i then quit it could be considered poor form to then say anyone who now does well is only going to do well because i have left.

There seems to be many players here that go all out at the begining of a world fighting for top spot and having milestone awards all over the place but then just leave. I can understand if they were quitting but it's often to do the same on the next world.

I am no one to criticize and everyone plays for their own enjoyment but i do believe that if there was a poll of the best players then the ones doing this would spring to most peoples minds.

Your analogy works the other way in that a long distance runner would never be fastest at the hundred meters but he would continue running even if finishing last. Just an observation. It depends on the willingness to run the distance. What I like about UK8 is it encourages players to run the distance and defines an end. Although I want to play longer on UK7 so I will wait for another world or so before moving on. That is my personal choice.