Blue Border around village on MAP

DeletedUser

I recently passed 11K points and noticed on the map that my village now has a blue border around its outline.
Earlier I had noticed that my village went from a circle to a hexagon when I got my first academy. The next change was when I was maxed out on everything, and the hexagon now was greyed inside, the buildings dark brown, and pillars appearing on the walls.
Now, it has a blue border around it. I was curious as to what this implies?

DeletedUser2765

[ke]It means you're a pointwhore. :icon_razz:

Just Kidding, it's supposed to symbolize that you now have a moat around your village. Do keep in mind though that the graphics on the map over view do not affect how the actual troops fight in the battle (you don't really have a moat, and just like when you first get to 300 points and you get a wall around your village, it doesn't necessarily mean you have a wall - you have to build a wall seperately).[/ke]

DeletedUser

So thats what the blue bit is been playing this game for just over a year and i never knew it was a moat, well guess we all learn something new ever day :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Oh right - cheers for that. Points Whore joke or not, I haven't gone all out for points. I only have two villages and have maxed one out and am building it up for purely defense purposes. The other village is some ways behind, and though I have defensive capability there too, I intend to build that up for offense only. This maxing out has simply upped the points quite naturally. There are those who noble barbarian villages of 501 pts or so, simply to increase their village count, and points haul.

Each to their own, I guess......

DeletedUser2765

Oh right - cheers for that. Points Whore joke or not, I haven't gone all out for points. I only have two villages and have maxed one out and am building it up for purely defense purposes. The other village is some ways behind, and though I have defensive capability there too, I intend to build that up for offense only. This maxing out has simply upped the points quite naturally. There are those who noble barbarian villages of 501 pts or so, simply to increase their village count, and points haul.

Each to their own, I guess......

[ke]You only need to have your village at around 10,000 points or so. Here's your 'typical' village build:

Village Headquarters level 20
Barracks level 25
Stables level 20
Workshop level 3
Smithy level 20
Academy level 1-2 (1 on a coin world, 2 on a packet world -- keep in mind though in the beginning of a packet world, 3 is obviously optimal for fast expansion)
Market level 20
Timber Camp level 30
Clay pit level 30
Iron Mine level 30
Warehouse level 30
Farm level 30
Hiding Place level 10
Wall level 20

The biggest reason for this build, is because it optimizes building capacity (once your village is done building, you don't need a level 30 HQ to build nothing and rebuilding a full village of spears/axes/lc regular troops will take a lot longer then rebuilding 250 rams/cats).[/ke]

DeletedUser

I always wondered what the blue thing is untill last year, i was staring at my village for like 3 hours, then it came to me. :)

And Krieg you know the building levels for your village to be 10,000 points?

DeletedUser

Wow. I've always wondered why it was glowing blue. Thanks a lot for saying that it was a moat. :p It makes sense now.

DeletedUser2765

I always wondered what the blue thing is untill last year, i was staring at my village for like 3 hours, then it came to me. :)

And Krieg you know the building levels for your village to be 10,000 points?

[ke]I do not know the building levels to be exactly 10,000 points. I remember there being an off-site tw tool that had a program to figure that out, but I don't have a clue. I personally, use a much different build then I set forth as I find it much better, but it's to hard to explain it and I don't want people to argue over the merits of such a build. :icon_razz:[/ke]

DeletedUser

[ke]I do not know the building levels to be exactly 10,000 points. I remember there being an off-site tw tool that had a program to figure that out, but I don't have a clue. I personally, use a much different build then I set forth as I find it much better, but it's to hard to explain it and I don't want people to argue over the merits of such a build. :icon_razz:[/ke]

All credits go to Fluffy88 of course, and it's a really good site.

EDIT:
http://fluffy88.com/farmspace-calculator.html

Last edited by a moderator: