Bookmark Farming

Discussion in 'Guides, Calculations & Strategies' started by ??anon??, Jun 26, 2009.

Share This Page

1. northstorm

northstorm New Member

well to be honest, when ur account gets to a fair size, ppl wont bother stackin your farms :| because they know u will kill it for the low wall.

also with a bigger account, you wouldnt have the time to send scout reports that often...

because you'd have alot more to farm with. for example a 1500 growth barb world you would normally need between 4-500 lc. with around 2.4-3k lc (depending if its archer or not) and having around 250 villa, you will prolly send of about 750 farming attacks. (presuming u have half of your account offensive, i tend to have more offence than defence though.

if the world's barbs didnt grow (for example world 25) you would use 50-100 lc per attack. without bookmarking that would be impossible to do via the map.

2. in firefox if i bookmark the link to attack again with same troops, or if i bookmark the confirmation screen when i load up the bookmarks i get a confirmation screen with 1 scout regardless of what troops i actually put in.

3. ??anon??

??anon?? Member

Ive just tried the same and got a little different than what you did, and what i got was actually less helpfull.

I'm not an internetr buff so i wont even try to guess why it wont work, maybe someone can have a look who knows what they are on about and offer a valid reason.

If there isnt a valid reason within a few days il edit the guide and remove the FF parts as it isnt fair for people to go through all the process's mentioned just for it not to work.

4. parasite

parasite New Member

similar problem with FF

when i open the tabs they revert to the report pages not the confirmation pages

also in my version to switch tabs is crtl + page up/down or ctrl + shift + tab. not ctrl + alt

any ideas would save me lots of time :)

5. ??anon??

??anon?? Member

Ok Update for FireFox users.

For each report you want bookmarking, the "Attack again with same troops" link needs to be right clicked and then select open in new tab. Then bookmark the new tab, for some reason it will not work if you just open a report click the "Attack again with same troops" link and then bookmark it.

6. parasite

parasite New Member

thanks thats great dont think i would ever have worked that out on my own - just takes a few minutes more to set up. it seems as though FF always bookmarks the first page you open on a tab rather than the last :(

7. I have done this but when I open the bookmarks it opens on the report not on the click ok page.

Not much of a difference but I am one for saving as much time as possible. Any ideas why its done this.

8. ??anon??

??anon?? Member

Hey Stella, i remember you from Hate.

Are you using Opera or FF?

9. zaqop4

zaqop4 Guest

this is awesome, if only I had premium:mad:

10. I am using Opera, I still cant seem to figure it out.

11. ??anon??

??anon?? Member

Ok Stella simple break down mate.

Make sure to have all your reports saved, either in the 1 scout (obviously differs on worlds) or the actual farm runs, some people choose the farm runs others choose the scout reports.

Go to bookmarks and then manage bookmarks, click add and then create a folder named TW world **. Then press ok and go back to Tw's.

Open all the reports you want bookmarking in separate tabs. Go through each report and click the "Attack again with the same troops" link.

Then go back through all the tabs again (Should now be on the attack confirmation screen) and press Ctr+D this will open a little pop up where you can choose where you want the bookmark saving, choose th folder which you created for your farms and press ok.

Then press 2 (switches tabs in opera) - Ctrl+D - Enter - 2 - Ctrl+D - Enter........ repeat till your at the end of your tabs.

Close all but one tab, click bookmarks mouse over the folder you created and it should list all of the farms you bookmarked, click open all folder items and confirm the pop up and then it should open all your farms in individual tabs, go down them all pressing ok to send them all out.

Hope this helps, i know its a little confusing with the images being a little too big n all.

12. teh.beaver

teh.beaver Guest

I'm a bit late but I think I know the problem. This section (which I quoted) is wrong from the post above me. If you follow this you will end up with Stella's problem of the bookmark opening to the report and not the confirmation screen.

What you have to do is for each report when you go to click "attack again with same troops" you have to right click it. From the menu that appears click "bookmark link." Select your folder and save it. You have to bookmark the link to the confirmation page and not the confirmation page itself. Then it will work.

13. ??anon??

??anon?? Member

Incorrect as i do it the way i wrote everyday and it works in Opera, it doesnt work in FF and i addressed that issues on the page before.

14. teh.beaver

teh.beaver Guest

I tried it your way (bookmarking the conformation page) earlier this week in Opera and it didn't work. I had the same problem as Stella.

Then I tried it the way I said (the way I've read to do it in other guides on the subject) and it works.

Whatever works for you I guess.

15. ??anon??

??anon?? Member

Il look into it and find out why, if anyone else has the same issues it would be grand if they could mail me and let me know.

16. S Noseflute

S Noseflute Guest

Yep, i have the same problem, i have to right click an the 'attack with the same troops' link save it as a bookmark, but i also have to change the folder it's gets saved to as well. Still, its well worth the effort.

I know it's been a while for this topic, but has anyone figured it out yet?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  17. roch2001

roch2001 Member

If you watch my video on this which is in the guide thread as well, you can see how I set up the bookmarks. Bookmarking is the last 8-9 mins of the guide I think if you want to forward straight to it. Link to thread

18. Thirsty

Thirsty Guest

Besides notebook farming, is there a better way to farm when using a phone?

I don't think there is but i'm just wondering IF there is a better way.

19. ??anon??

??anon?? Member

Good Vid, deffinately helps the newer people to farming.

As your already using opera, maybe this is a quicker way for you to send your farming runs.

I started using this shortly before i quit playing, not for actually bookmarking (as i stopped doing that totally), but for sending each farming run.

See what you think, if it works quicker for you, a vid would be awesome for the same method.

20. roch2001

roch2001 Member

I've had a look at this but im not sure how to get past stage 4. A ctrl left click just selects a filtered link in the list of attack reports. Even if I could follow follow through the rest of the instructions after this it seems like a bloated method of clicks over bookmarks.

With bookmarks, once they are bookmarked, all you ever do is press 2 and click okay, and repeat that for all reports. The method above has several stages and I am unsure if you could save the process like you can a bookmark. Which means each wave you would need to follow the eight step plan instead of a few clicks to open bookmarks.

If im missing something could you explain better as Im always on the prowl for faster and more efficent farming.