Boosting, Is it good or bad?

DeletedUser

Explains why speed players can't ever outgrow the better normal players. o_O
I do have to admit though, in start up the average speed player > average normal player. But that's since there is over 100 normal players for every speed player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8412

the average speed player is better at pretty much everything

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Speed players are gods compared to normal world players. I've been playing speed for a couple months now and I'm still astounded as to how good these guys are, whereas normal worlds players (such as BrutalTetro) wouldn't stand a chance. I cannot wait for the day BrutalTetro is rimmed, might lessen his giant ego and show him that he really isn't as good a player as he thinks he is :)

DeletedUser11544

Sorry, I don't agree, speed teaches you a lot of things about start up, but better players they are not, or maybe i'm going by my own high standards :p

DeletedUser8621

In my experience, speed players are usually better than normal players. At least until mid-late game when they grow tired of constantly farming & eventually lose interest. Most speed players also play normal world's & know strategy to start up way better than normal players. I don't even play speed but over the years some of the best .uk players are mainly on speed servers.

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
i find there are more so called "casual" players in normal worlds then their is in speed, so you find that the good speed players who join normal worlds, are naturally above the average normal player.

DeletedUser

In my experience, speed players are usually better than normal players. At least until mid-late game when they grow tired of constantly farming & eventually lose interest. Most speed players also play normal world's & know strategy to start up way better than normal players. I don't even play speed but over the years some of the best .uk players are mainly on speed servers.

Urh no.

Whenever the better normal world players are on a world, the speeders can't touch the top rankings. They can't even get close to the most farmed which is apparently what they 'excel' at.

The UK server just lacks any decent players today. I'd find it embarrassing if speeders didn't top the rankings on current worlds (which they don't seem to still be able to from looking at UK27+UK28 - though that's probably because they don't want to spend hundreds of quid).

DeletedUser

Ah you outfarmed Nauz. Well congratulations, I apologise for being wrong. I've never seen it happen on a world I've been on.

Most recent example below:

14snodi.png

4 players 24/7 (SLAP) vs 2 players (with 1 of which playing to learn startup from me) with half the activity (BP).
Hit 1mil loot when you hit 600k.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On a side note, where is Mattyflan? This seems like his type of topic to come and attempt to boast/rage in.

DeletedUser13827

Ah you outfarmed Nauz. Well congratulations, I apologise for being wrong. I've never seen it happen on a world I've been on.

14snodi.png

4 players 24/7 (SLAP) vs 2 players (with 1 of which playing to learn startup from me) with half the activity (BP).
Actively hitting A/B template 24.7 vs more efficient/strategic (no idea what you were doing) farming.
Although... I don't remember the plunder stats.

DeletedUser13734

I dont think being a speeder or a normal player is a fair factor in finding the best players.

Speed players will have a higher ratio of better players, due to the intensity of the world's combined with the number of egos - you've gotta train your strategy to match up. But this doesn't make them better than the normal world players though.

In my experience, the best players I've ever seen have been normal players from across servers. Then again - I've not seen many of the 'best' Speeders playing normal worlds. Only ever see them talking about how great they are, or joining worlds for a couple weeks and quitting when it gets tough.

The repetitive cycle of TW goes on.

DeletedUser6695

Sorry, I don't agree, speed teaches you a lot of things about start up, but better players they are not, or maybe i'm going by my own high standards :p

High standards? You mean getting yourself banned instead of rimmed? Lolol

DeletedUser13901

If you think we transfer our speed startups to here you're an absolutely wrong like 5/100 starts for me include swords on speed. for most players. never.

DeletedUser13901

14snodi.png

24/7. el oh el