Boosting, Is it good or bad?

DeletedUser

Now with some SLAP members boosting which can be seen obviously through twstats etc I was wondering everyones opinions on the matter. Is it a good or a bad thing and does it mean that some players are at a disadvantage?

Lets keep this on topic :)

DeletedUser10769

I am interested to know according to you, what would be considered boosting?

DeletedUser

Exactly what SLAP seem to be doing either getting friends to join and have them send the res over to them once they have a market built or getting friends to join and having them dodge their troops when ever that player who is boosting troops come knocking.

DeletedUser10769

Exactly what SLAP seem to be doing either getting friends to join and have them send the res over to them once they have a market built or getting friends to join and having them dodge their troops when ever that player who is boosting troops come knocking.

Why are you obsessed with mentioning SLAP! in every post?

Free trading is not permitted until later. So no-one can just send resources to another player.

For the latter part to be really beneficial that is actually gives you a significant advantage it would require the 'friend' to be actively playing and by farming all the 'friend' resources early then it would prevent them from actually upping mines. Then the 'friend' would have to have enough troops to deter being cleared by another player which unless the player is farming actively and not only barbs that would inhibit the person you are trying to help as they would receive less resources from farming. If the 'friend' doesn't farm then the resources from the mines would go to building troops instead of the person you are trying to boost or to upgrade mines which does not actually boost the player you want to boost. If you decide not to get troops then someone else can come when you are not online and take the 'friend' resources you have stored up.

All in all boosting does not make a significant difference unless you have a considerable amount of friends doing it.

DeletedUser

Which it is evident that SLAP do have multiple players doing this for them.

DeletedUser13901

Where is your evidence, only thing I'll ask once more. You're just baiting a pointless argument. So that is all I will ask.

DeletedUser

I'm sick of providing evidence because you lot are to lazy to spend five minutes looking on tribal wars stats so all I'll say compare .uk pro's BP start up to say any normal player outside SLAP!

DeletedUser10769

Which it is evident that SLAP do have multiple players doing this for them.

I highly doubt this as the players I have seen you specifically accuse of doing this have a considerable amount of ODA. If they did have many friends doing this then surely they would not have as much ODA as there is less of a need to clear players.

DeletedUser13901

I stayed up all weekend (70h +) with my co doing the quests perfectly (we started almost 2 days late so had to compensate) and we farmed as efficiently as we could. Actually faring more villages in one day than you have in this whole world.

Also during the huge growth spurt from 1.1k -> 40 in ranks. All players were still in BP. No boosting could possibly be done.

Check and mate

DeletedUser

BP can be cancelled and res can be bought. Do us all a favour and go back to speed - saves Est. destroying you're tribe.

DeletedUser13901

BP can be cancelled you idiot and res can be bought. Do us all a favour and go back to speed - saves Est. destroying you're tribe.
The fact I was ignorant to it being able to be cancelled surely says a lot to how much we boosted
As well as the starting location which is random (south west was our locations) meaning there is no way to spawn in the same k as our "friends" who boost us. We did all our growth from 1.1k -> rank 20 in the random spawn before we relocated.

DeletedUser10769

Nice trolling by the way BrutalTetro. Thanks for the giggles

DeletedUser

The fact I was ignorant to it being able to be cancelled surely says a lot to how much we boosted
As well as the starting location which is random (south west was our locations) meaning there is no way to spawn in the same k as our "friends" who boost us. We did all our growth from 1.1k -> rank 20 in the random spawn before we relocated.
Invitations etc... you're not denying buying res though.

I apologise it appears you can't cancel BP now although I could swear that you could used to but I still believe that you boost

DeletedUser

my point still stands, SLAP love to buy res and boost because they're not used to a normal world. They won't last especially since they're point whoring.

DeletedUser10619

Is boosting bad or good, this is a good thread and debates a really interesting issue.

For me, boosting all is about fannyty. Needing to make one look better than they are. That guy in HD, boosting away just to grab a couple of crap village, just so that he can be the first one to noble.

No doubt he will then make a complete tit of things and get rimmed really quick.

DeletedUser

Stop being so ridiculous.

I dislike most of SLAP and most speedrats (well, only a few actually - but a few of the players on the SLAP accounts that are publicised on the profiles) as much as the next person, but it is clear that they are not boosting. If they were doing any of what you claimed in this thread, they'd be banned. I know this because I've seen many people banned for that exact thing before. It surely must trigger a flag on the system so the moderators can investigate, and then they'd be banned.

SLAP players are merely playing the game as it is supposed to be, and you seem to be crying because you can't keep up and are not as good as them.

Just be happy that they won't last long because they either struggle with they have concentration problems over a prolonged period, required to stay on worlds, or because they suck past start up and start to lose ranks so 'quit' before they do and can be exposed. Could occur due to either reason (or both), you decide.

DeletedUser

It is in a sense, you're boosting your village beyond what any average player does. Buying res can cost a fair bit of PP and not everyone can currently do that so in that sense it could technically be covered as boosting.

DeletedUser

Stop being so ridiculous.

I dislike most of SLAP (well, only a few actually - but a few of the players on the SLAP accounts that are publicised on the profiles) and most speedrats as much as the next person, but it is clear that they are not boosting. If they were doing any of what you claimed in this thread, they'd be banned. I know this because I've seen many people banned for that exact thing before. It triggers flags on the system and the moderators investigate, they'd be banned.

SLAP players are merely playing the game as it is supposed to be, and you seem to be crying because you can't keep up and are not as good as them.

Just be happy that they won't last long because they either struggle with they have concentration problems over a prolonged period, required to stay on worlds, or because they suck past start up and start to lose ranks so 'quit' before they do and can be exposed. Could occur due to either reason (or both), you decide.

I think I'm keeping up fairly well to be completely fair.