Bot protection

DeletedUser1410

Can someone for the TW team please tell me that this will not effect sniping or sending a train because if it pops up while I'm trying to do either and it costs me I will not be happy?

DeletedUser4389

Anti Bot Verification

Why are we being subjected to this?

Sat waiting to split a train and recall troops only to be asked to verify I am not a bot ... Therefore killing my chances of splitting the train.

This is not acceptable in a game when timing is so crucial...

DeletedUser269

It’s unfortunate that the bot protection has effected your game play, but at the end of the day the bot protection is there to enhance everyone’s gaming experience by removing cheater from the game. On top of this every player has the same chance of getting it, you have just been unlucky in the timing.

DeletedUser

It's the case that we're being punished for those in the community who break the rules.

DeletedUser3194

Seen this popping up a lot in world 5 and i'm glad it wasn't just myself, would be interesting to know why this has suddenly started show up so much.

DeletedUser4389

It’s unfortunate that the bot protection has effected your game play, but at the end of the day the bot protection is there to enhance everyone’s gaming experience by removing cheater from the game. On top of this every player has the same chance of getting it, you have just been unlucky in the timing.

I am sorry but it is not acceptable

4 times today I have been asked to verify who I am

I lost a villa due to not being able to snipe a train and again I just had a train timing messed up having to verify just before I was sending.

I do not accept that this is for our protection as I have never seen much of a problem of bot users on any of the UK servers I have played.

Maybe use a bit of common sense and see that a game which depends so much on precise timing can be broken by someone having to verify that they are not a bot wasn't such a great idea afterall.....

DeletedUser269

As I said before it’s unfortunate, but there is really nothing you or I can do about the matter.

DeletedUser4389

Well who do we talk to that can do something about the matter?

What is the point in offering a "questions" forum if you have no-one who can respond to the feedback of your customers and actually have any sway over these changes to the game?

These are game breaking changes which are being implemented with no discussion or warning to customers who are now having to pander to the so called "cheaters"

DeletedUser269

What is the point in offering a "questions" forum if you have no-one who can respond to the feedback of your customers and actually have any sway over these changes to the game?

I gave you the answer, It isn't my fault you didn't like it. I'm sure I would be annoyed if something effected my gameplay, but the world still goes on.

DeletedUser4389

I gave you the answer, It isn't my fault you didn't like it. I'm sure I would be annoyed if something effected my gameplay, but the world still goes on.

Yes you are a forum mod so do you then escalate this issue to the developers or are we the players expected to just "lump" it.

You are representing the company that runs this game so the least I expect as a paying customer is that the problem (which this is) should be escalated to the next line of support, or to someone who can actually respond with an answer which isn't just a fob off.

This is an issue which has the potential to break the gameplay for a lot of players and I think it is only fair that one of these decision makers actually explain why it has been implemented. Just saying it's to stop cheating I do not accept as the top ranked players I have played with have all been real people. I fear the only bots here are the ones continually blurting out a "company line" and refusing to do anything about a genuine issue that has been caused by the devs.

So I repeat my question, who do we talk to about this change?

DeletedUser269

Yes you are a forum mod so do you then escalate this issue to the developers or are we the players expected to just "lump" it.

You are representing the company that runs this game so the least I expect as a paying customer is that the problem (which this is) should be escalated to the next line of support, or to someone who can actually respond with an answer which isn't just a fob off.

This is an issue which has the potential to break the gameplay for a lot of players and I think it is only fair that one of these decision makers actually explain why it has been implemented. Just saying it's to stop cheating I do not accept as the top ranked players I have played with have all been real people. I fear the only bots here are the ones continually blurting out a "company line" and refusing to do anything about a genuine issue that has been caused by the devs.

So I repeat my question, who do we talk to about this change?

You have answered your own question there, I'm a Forum mod. I have no say over the ingame side of the game, I showed people your original post. That's where my original answer come from.

It's not just you who is playing the game, most of the mods on the team play. Some of them affected, read a rather funny quote from skype :lol:;

silly bot detecter, now got to enter the code on 126 tabs to finish my resource reballancing
As for it destroying the gameplay, the bot protection has been around for a while now. And it may spoil some gaming experience, but I for one would rather get rid of cheaters.

forum rules said:
Moderation
The moderators (mods) of the forum are volunteers recruited by the admin and/or community manager.​
Moderator: Only have rights in the specific forums they moderate, nowhere else. They will moderate fairly and will answer any questions you have that they are able to.​
Elder moderator: Overseers of the moderators, these people are the ones to go to if you have a problem with any of the forum-level moderation or if you have any questions on moderation in general.​
In game moderators are not connected to the forum.​
If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic about it. Contact an elder moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.​
If you wish to create a topic regarding moderation, please contact the relevant moderator or elder moderator first. You may find a list of all moderators and their assigned forums in this overview.
The mods have a very tough job: It can be hard to keep the balance between a clean forum and a fun forum on a daily basis, and they also receive a lot of negative comments and abuse regularly. We would ask that you remain patient with all moderators and that you would be helpful and polite when talking to them; this will make their job that much easier, and in turn make the forum a more pleasant place.​
A Mod and/or Elder Mod, will never play a world that they mod on, to prevent bias.​

DeletedUser8807

it is very annoying but i agree with jamie he is a forum mod his job is to moderate the forums he has no say over wat goes on in tribalwars only the forums

DeletedUser1410

but is there no other way to do it?
surley there is?
because as posted already sniping sending trains? Come on guys, all you seem to do is stop the good players playing the game?
and I mean that it looks like another little bit of script put in the help new members out?
As for cheating, if you know there cheating ban them for life like so many before have been

DeletedUser8807

there is no point banning people they will come back witha new E-mail

DeletedUser4389

Jamie

So what are you trying to say then? That we the customers have no say in how changes to this game are affecting gameplay and we should like it or lump it?

I know you guys play this game also, that was never in doubt, but when something like this TWICE in one day affects MY gameplay then I sit up and take notice.

So you are a forum mod, congratulations etc... But the question is this : How do we contact the people who are actually changing this game, if it is not in these forums? What is the point in having a question forum when people are going to be brushed off with someone who can only moderate the forum and not discuss this sort of change in-depth?

If this game has such a problem with cheaters then maybe a far more sensible method can be put in rather than messing the game up for everyone, you know a bit of forward thinking by the dev team not just a Captcha image verification thingy they have downloaded from Cnet or the like.

I have no idea why you have wheeled out the forum rules, but if you are trying to suggest that I am breaching them in asking why these changes have been implemented and asking to hear from an organ grinder (it's part of a saying just incase you are going to infract me for trying to suggest anything else) then I am sorry but that does not wash. I do appreciate the great work you mods do, but I do not appreciate the way this, and infact other issues are being dealt with.

As far as moderation of topics go I have no issue this is a development issue so contacting an elder mod would just mean I get a more senior version of you stonewalling me, so I will ask again:

Who do I speak to regarding these changes? I am perfectly clear it is not you, but who is it?

Regards

DeletedUser269

Jamie

So what are you trying to say then? That we the customers have no say in how changes to this game are affecting gameplay and we should like it or lump it?

I know you guys play this game also, that was never in doubt, but when something like this TWICE in one day affects MY gameplay then I sit up and take notice.

So you are a forum mod, congratulations etc... But the question is this : How do we contact the people who are actually changing this game, if it is not in these forums? What is the point in having a question forum when people are going to be brushed off with someone who can only moderate the forum and not discuss this sort of change in-depth?

If this game has such a problem with cheaters then maybe a far more sensible method can be put in rather than messing the game up for everyone, you know a bit of forward thinking by the dev team not just a Captcha image verification thingy they have downloaded from Cnet or the like.

I have no idea why you have wheeled out the forum rules, but if you are trying to suggest that I am breaching them in asking why these changes have been implemented and asking to hear from an organ grinder (it's part of a saying just incase you are going to infract me for trying to suggest anything else) then I am sorry but that does not wash. I do appreciate the great work you mods do, but I do not appreciate the way this, and infact other issues are being dealt with.

As far as moderation of topics go I have no issue this is a development issue so contacting an elder mod would just mean I get a more senior version of you stonewalling me, so I will ask again:

Who do I speak to regarding these changes? I am perfectly clear it is not you, but who is it?

Regards

I wasn't trying to give you the lecture on the forum rules, I was trying to show I have no way or nothing to do with ingame. I have already shown the people in charge you post, and this thread. One is now in hospital and one Im awaiting a reply off in here. So hopefully you will get a better answer. Im sure a ingame ticket will give you a more direct answer, then my obvious pitter patter.

DeletedUser4389

I wasn't trying to give you the lecture on the forum rules, I was trying to show I have no way or nothing to do with ingame. I have already shown the people in charge you post, and this thread. One is now in hospital and one Im awaiting a reply off in here. So hopefully you will get a better answer. Im sure a ingame ticket will give you a more direct answer, then my obvious pitter patter.

Ok Jamie I will raise a ticket ingame if that is the method you recommend. Thanks for your time!

Oh and please dont think I am anti-mods I do see the rubbish they have to put up with and I appreciate the good work they do, I would buy you all a virtual pint if you could virtually drink it ;)

Am off now to bug the hell out of the ticketing system...

DeletedUser

The Bot system is to prevent players utilising automated systems to play Tribal Wars. Due to the amount of 'high end' players that have been found to use these 'BOTS' and gain false rankings and advantages over other players so this 'BOT' system has been implemented.

Shivatasic you are not the only one who has had issue with the 'BOT Capture' and I am sure you will not be the last. But there is no nice and player friendly system that will stop these automated systems, so it will always interfere with some-ones game play at some time in the game. This time for you it was at an unfortunate moment, but every player throughout the Tribal Wars game has/will be subject to this new 'BOT detection' system.

So Shivatasic, this is not a personal affront to you and I am sorry it has cost you in this instance.

Drew

Last edited by a moderator: