Bug?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I tried giving a poster negative reputation for being intentionally unhelpful and then give another user positive reputation for being helpful in the same thread and it told me I couldn't rep the same post twice. They were two different posts and posters, just the same thread.

DeletedUser

Ya, me too. IDK wtfuzzle this is. It says, hopefully you get the same rep back, is this some sort of joke?

DeletedUser

same yer but i was +rep for 2 different players who posted on the same thread

DeletedUser

[th]Did you try to add the reputation to someone, whom you gave some reputation just a short time ago? The system will allow to give reputations to the same member only after some requirements are met (enough time between the tries, enough reputation given to other members etc.).[/th]

DeletedUser

I tried giving u rep and it said you may get lucky to get some back

Nauzhror

Reaction score
[th]Did you try to add the reputation to someone, whom you gave some reputation just a short time ago? The system will allow to give reputations to the same member only after some requirements are met (enough time between the tries, enough reputation given to other members etc.).[/th]

I don't believe so. I tried repping up Einstein for the first time I believe was when I got the message. I had just repped someone down for flaming someone for asking a question and then attempted to rep up Einstein for answering the question.

DeletedUser

Thanks Nauz! :p

I think I tried down repping a guy for the same reason.

DeletedUser

[th]Hm. Also you cannot give unlimited reps (up/down) per day.

But I just checked your reps, Nauzhor, you already gave one to Einstein today. [/th]

DeletedUser

For some reason it says "Thanks for adding to this user's reputation" when I clearly took it away.

Other times it works and says "Thank you for deducting reputation form this user"

Nauzhror

Reaction score
[th]Hm. Also you cannot give unlimited reps (up/down) per day.

But I just checked your reps, Nauzhor, you already gave one to Einstein today. [/th]

Before or after the time this thread was made? This was the post I intended to rep up and didn't remember repping anything of his before it. Either way it stated I couldn't rep the same post twice, not the same person.

DeletedUser

Before or after the time this thread was made? This was the post I intended to rep up and didn't remember repping anything of his before it. Either way it stated I couldn't rep the same post twice, not the same person.

[th]According to the logs, you've repped that post.[/th]

DeletedUser

/me says lots of nice things about Nauz :)

<3

that does not add to this thread any ;D

OT: When in .net as Tharg pointed out, you can only give so much rep per person per day/hours etc. Saves over killing on the rep system so no bias reps can be made.

DeletedUser

thorgaran i know of a forum (the best iv been a member of) called the "pokecommunity".
heres the url : www.pokecommunity.com
they havev been using rep for a long time and must have experianced bugs, you might want to mail one of the admins and ask what their veiw was when/if they came up across it.

DeletedUser

thorgaran i know of a forum (the best iv been a member of) called the "pokecommunity".
heres the url : www.pokecommunity.com
they havev been using rep for a long time and must have experianced bugs, you might want to mail one of the admins and ask what their veiw was when/if they came up across it.

[th]Thanks. And probably I will contact them some day. But this wasn't any bug, it was just "human error". :icon_wink:[/th]