Bye guys/why I hate tw rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser282

I had planned on just quietly disappearing but I just remembered this sub-forum so decided it could do with some use. This applies to all language servers.

I am leaving because I don't get much enjoyment from this game anymore, and get far too annoyed when things go wrong.

I also thoroughly dislike much of the game mechanics and so I think I shall write a mini rant as to why I hate this game.

Players never seem to understand that they will get attacked. I will never get why mails such as "why are you attacking me" are sent, the game title should make this obvious.

Each world goes on for far far far far too long, there should be some kind of target like tribe owning 50% of world's villages or a 2 year time limit. Late game in worlds all the talent has gone due to people quitting. People want a goal or a reason to keep playing, a motivation that if your tribe takes x amount more villages or holds rank 1 till a certain date could keep people playing. Currently there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

During the start up of this game, the activity required is infuriating. Not because it is too much, because it is too spread. If you add all the actual required clicking/typing time used in actual game play together in a day it would be an easily manageable amount. However, this activity is randomly spread across the day, and most people are online for blocks of time and are unable to be on the rest of the time. Due to the fact that required activity is spread out, either your account doesn't grow very fast, or you get co players and account sitters. I know of absolutely no way of resolving this but it is awful nonetheless.

The moderating system both in game and on the forums annoys me, on the forums I feel that most modding is overly harsh. I also feel that a lack of thought is used when picking new mods. First KV then Nauz, I mean, come on :p

In game I believe that moderating is not consistent, for example I know of two cases of almost the exact form of rule break during start up at almost the exact same time, in one case 1/5 of the player's village's points where removed, in the other case the player was forced to restart. Neither of these players had ever been banned before so repeat offence cannot have been an issue.

Though I am sure the entire moderating team tries there best but lack of consistency does ruin the game quite a bit.

Who was it that thought churches would be a good idea? Someone give the local asylum a ring and tell they are missing someone.

I hate this game because when someone generally incompetent does quite well, there may be no competition on the world or they may be getting a free ride to first to 100k by their 2 co players. (Yes zard this is you I'm talking about, just to make this absolutely clear, as a player I rate you as very incompetent.) Their ego inflates to about 100 times it's proper size and they are a constant annoyance with their determination that they are like the most bestest player ever.

I hate this game because it is constantly annoying and very time consuming.

I hate this game because this thread has taken me far far too long to write.

Back to the bye guys part of this thread.
Bye *wave*
My old skype account has been deleted and I have blocked .net and will soon block .net forum, .co.uk and it's forum along with beta, and .us.

Cya all in about a week when I come back Hopefully I will never speak to any of you again :)

Feel free to flame me or generally post whatever, I won't read it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bye Garg, I'll miss you, even though I don't play TW atm you're a great guy along, oh and fyi that blocking thing never works, trust me I tried. :lol:

DeletedUser7911

its a long game thats why members play it mate lol bye

DeletedUser

Cya Garg :)

Also, your point on time being spread out, and it being a complete yanker. I agree 100%

DeletedUser

Bye Gareth (wave).

At least you can't mute me any more I guess :?

Will miss you ; (

DeletedUser

I had planned on just quietly disappearing but I just remembered this sub-forum so decided it could do with some use. This applies to all language servers.

I am leaving because I don't get much enjoyment from this game anymore, and get far too annoyed when things go wrong.

I also thoroughly dislike much of the game mechanics and so I think I shall write a mini rant as to why I hate this game.

Players never seem to understand that they will get attacked. I will never get why mails such as "why are you attacking me" are sent, the game title should make this obvious.

Each world goes on for far far far far too long, there should be some kind of target like tribe owning 50% of world's villages or a 2 year time limit. Late game in worlds all the talent has gone due to people quitting. People want a goal or a reason to keep playing, a motivation that if your tribe takes x amount more villages or holds rank 1 till a certain date could keep people playing. Currently there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

During the start up of this game, the activity required is infuriating. Not because it is too much, because it is too spread. If you add all the actual required clicking/typing time used in actual game play together in a day it would be an easily manageable amount. However, this activity is randomly spread across the day, and most people are online for blocks of time and are unable to be on the rest of the time. Due to the fact that required activity is spread out, either your account doesn't grow very fast, or you get co players and account sitters. I know of absolutely no way of resolving this but it is awful nonetheless.

The moderating system both in game and on the forums annoys me, on the forums I feel that most modding is overly harsh. I also feel that a lack of thought is used when picking new mods. First KV then Nauz, I mean, come on :p

In game I believe that moderating is not consistent, for example I know of two cases of almost the exact form of rule break during start up at almost the exact same time, in one case 1/5 of the player's village's points where removed, in the other case the player was forced to restart. Neither of these players had ever been banned before so repeat offence cannot have been an issue.

Though I am sure the entire moderating team tries there best but lack of consistency does ruin the game quite a bit.

Who was it that thought churches would be a good idea? Someone give the local asylum a ring and tell they are missing someone.

I hate this game because when someone generally incompetent does quite well, there may be no competition on the world or they may be getting a free ride to first to 100k by their 2 co players. (Yes zard this is you I'm talking about, just to make this absolutely clear, as a player I rate you as very incompetent.) Their ego inflates to about 100 times it's proper size and they are a constant annoyance with their determination that they are like the most bestest player ever.

Bye *wave*
My old skype account has been deleted and I have blocked .net and will soon block .net forum, .co.uk and it's forum along with beta, and .us.

Cya all in about a week when I come back Hopefully I will never speak to any of you again :)

[th]I usually don't comment good-bye threads unless they've been started by some people, which I'd call "friends" by now. Yet this one deserves an answer, because some of the stuff being said was pure invention, and nothing else.

As for the game mechanics - I won't comment them any further. Whoever knows me and my opinion about this should know, that I'd mostly agree with your statements. Like the idea of telling people whist joining: "YOU WILL BE ATTACKED HERE!" ;-)

Also the "never-ending worlds" are something, which I personally complained about for ages (read: years!) now. Yet no-one of the developers seems to care.

But now - you come here to complain about the moderation ingame and in the forums. This is the point, which made me post here. You are not allowed to complain a single bit here, if you NEVER (!) before tried to complain to either Tracey, being community manager or me, being admin, ever before. Throwing around with accusations now makes you nothing but a sore loser. Someone, who isn't satisfied with what happened, yet wasn't interested to complain while being active. Poor. Very poor reaction in my point of view, sorry.

You mentioned two staff members, which - both (!) - did an awesome job. Even though half of the community tried to disrespect them whenever they wanted to. They still weren't biased, they still did the job, which they got hired for - better than expected. And more. Whilst they were active parts of the staff, they did an excellent job. Period. People, who start complain should probably look who's talking. In 99.9% of all complained cases the users caused the trouble, not the staff.

As for inconsistencies in ingame punishments: We have a catalogue to follow. That catalogue grants us some area of freedom. Of course we're acting differently in different issues! If someone never did something wrong before and did a minor violation of the rules, he'll receive a minor punishment if his appeal is respectful. If someone (yes, we're tracking users on different nicks in different worlds!) used to tell us to "go away, don't punish me! You smell!" (this is the harmless version of a punishable reaction) we'll punish harder. You are telling us they got caught the first time and got punished differently. We have insight about what really happened. It's not up to you to argue here!

You're complaining about any consistency within the staff? Well, we are consistent. We're strict and in case that someone still doesn't listen, we're more strict. That's it.

But other than that I truly wish you good luck and all the best in your "RL adventure" now.
[/th]

DeletedUser282

Couldn't resist seeing what people wrote :| Bad start to this, I'm going to have to put random passwords in place I think.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Can't resist urge to respond to this.

[th]I usually don't comment good-bye threads unless they've been started by some people, which I'd call "friends" by now. Yet this one deserves an answer, because some of the stuff being said was pure invention, and nothing else.

As for the game mechanics - I won't comment them any further. Whoever knows me and my opinion about this should know, that I'd mostly agree with your statements. Like the idea of telling people whist joining: "YOU WILL BE ATTACKED HERE!" ;-)

Also the "never-ending worlds" are something, which I personally complained about for ages (read: years!) now. Yet no-one of the developers seems to care.

But now - you come here to complain about the moderation ingame and in the forums. This is the point, which made me post here. You are not allowed to complain a single bit here, if you NEVER (!) before tried to complain to either Tracey, being community manager or me, being admin, ever before. Throwing around with accusations now makes you nothing but a sore loser. Someone, who isn't satisfied with what happened, yet wasn't interested to complain while being active. Poor. Very poor reaction in my point of view, sorry.

You mentioned two staff members, which - both (!) - did an awesome job. Even though half of the community tried to disrespect them whenever they wanted to. They still weren't biased, they still did the job, which they got hired for - better than expected. And more. Whilst they were active parts of the staff, they did an excellent job. Period. People, who start complain should probably look who's talking. In 99.9% of all complained cases the users caused the trouble, not the staff.

As for inconsistencies in ingame punishments: We have a catalogue to follow. That catalogue grants us some area of freedom. Of course we're acting differently in different issues! If someone never did something wrong before and did a minor violation of the rules, he'll receive a minor punishment if his appeal is respectful. If someone (yes, we're tracking users on different nicks in different worlds!) used to tell us to "go away, don't punish me! You smell!" (this is the harmless version of a punishable reaction) we'll punish harder. You are telling us they got caught the first time and got punished differently. We have insight about what really happened. It's not up to you to argue here!

You're complaining about any consistency within the staff? Well, we are consistent. We're strict and in case that someone still doesn't listen, we're more strict. That's it.

But other than that I truly wish you good luck and all the best in your "RL adventure" now.
[/th]

Based on the fact that I have said this applies to all language servers, you cannot possibly know that much of what I am saying is pure invention, unless of course you are secretly an admin on all servers, which I am fairly sure you are not.

I realise that my in game complaints very slightly breach the forum rules, and I apologise for that, I was careful to make it quite general.

At the start of my thread I stated that this was about all language servers, so the reason I did not complain to you or Tracey is partially because this happened on .net (tbh co.uk moderating has always seemed of a higher quality) and partially because it did not happen (well mainly) to me, I stated that this was 2 cases, your assumption that this was about me was incorrect. I would advise you not to make statements based upon something you do not no for certain.

About the staff members, this was intended as a joke *resists temptation to make a racial stereotype joke* however I have been informed by someone who was a mod/elder mod (unsure which) that one of these people was dismissed due to getting drunk and misusing their powers insanely.

My post included my criticisms of the staff (mainly .net tbh) though your response of, "well we are consistent actually" really wasn't the most helpful thing in the world.

Bai Tharg, have fun turtling up in future worlds :)

@Other people
I am actually not logging on here anymore and will begin looking into using random passwords now.

*wave*

DeletedUser4

Couldn't resist seeing what people wrote :| Bad start to this, I'm going to have to put random passwords in place I think.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Can't resist urge to respond to this.

Based on the fact that I have said this applies to all language servers, you cannot possibly know that much of what I am saying is pure invention, unless of course you are secretly an admin on all servers, which I am fairly sure you are not.

I realise that my in game complaints very slightly breach the forum rules, and I apologise for that, I was careful to make it quite general.

At the start of my thread I stated that this was about all language servers, so the reason I did not complain to you or Tracey is partially because this happened on .net (tbh co.uk moderating has always seemed of a higher quality) and partially because it did not happen (well mainly) to me, I stated that this was 2 cases, your assumption that this was about me was incorrect. I would advise you not to make statements based upon something you do not no for certain.

About the staff members, this was intended as a joke *resists temptation to make a racial stereotype joke* however I have been informed by someone who was a mod/elder mod (unsure which) that one of these people was dismissed due to getting drunk and misusing their powers insanely.

My post included my criticisms of the staff (mainly .net tbh) though your response of, "well we are consistent actually" really wasn't the most helpful thing in the world.

Bai Tharg, have fun turtling up in future worlds :)

@Other people
I am actually not logging on here anymore and will begin looking into using random passwords now.

*wave*

[tt]Now your really lucky and get a reply from me also on the one highlighted part

Information is totally FALSE both were removed due to inactivity/disappearing without word[/tt]

DeletedUser

I actually find this quite funny because of some other conversations I've had with people, but I won't flame you or anything, this is a goodbye thread, it isn't meant for that.
So cya, I hope you come back, someday.

DeletedUser2765

Gargorath, quit trollin.

I say this, because everyone here knows and has known that Tracey and Thargoran hold back each new world as much as possible from Innogames desire to create new ones. The ONLY reason why they ever opened up UK 4 so soon after UK 3 is because they would be able to offer a world that they knew the players wanted and not some piece-of-crap Innogames pre-made world.

DeletedUser

Hear hear.

Interesting idea, certainly should be trialled imo! A sort of mix between a standard TW world and speed, no?

Yep, agree, TW intrudes too much on real life, the mechanics must be changed to allow a more balanced lifestyle, where logging in for an hour away in peacetime would be enough to play at the level to reach rank 1.

You forgot Clyde. That being said, there are some excellent moderators too, look at CLT (and my secret love, Drew Waylander).

Can't comment on what I don't know. Do think sometimes some of the moderators clearly don't know how to moderate a forum properly, infractions for trivial matters. Again, exceptions are there, we all the mods were like CLT... UK would have the best forums. Not bigging him up, he's just a good mod and worthy of respect.

I'm sure they try.

Meh, you just don't like churches, don't play a church world then. Its a new feature. I never played a TW world without archers (v2.0 update I think?). To me, the thought of no archers is like "OMG!!!" Army camps are interesting and help to break down deadlocked frontlines. Its just making things more interesting.

Lol, sure you aren't referring to me too on Smile? :icon_rolleyes: But yes, I do agree that happens too and it is very annoying. Its one thing having an ego when you are Nauzhror (or any player with talent), but when you are all ego and no substance... that's so much worse.

Bye *wave*

Answers in red. No flaming mate, Gl with RL, you'll be missed! I enjoyed our PM convos! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser282

I found out about .co.uk speed and un-quit :(

Meh, 11 days is a new record for me.

Can a mod delete?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.