Can't beat a lil a racism can we

• Thread starter DeletedUser4753
  • Start date

DeletedUser4753

Ye thats right, the tabboo tabboo topic black vs white.

no lol im joking :p

What i was pondering last night "are thier national tendencies for good tw players."

I yap a lot with a greek mate who swears that despite the size of the greek server, the player quality is higher. We have a lot of fun banter but it does drive my curiosity

Now im not as ignorant as i pretend to come across, i know their have been brilliant players from all corners of the world, tis a nicely diverse game in that way, but i wonder, do certain races just seem to produce good players.

Brazilians and Argentines just seem to fire out immense footy players.

The athletes of kenya have always been ridiculously overpowered at long distance running

The aussies from as far back as i remember are born with webbed feet n belong in the pool.

Is tw any different i wonder??????

Now we can all have a bit of banter here am sure, but perhaps some nationalities just have a knack for tw.

Many would argue germans, especially being the first server are infact "in general the best" others wud disagree.

Plenty say americans due to their ability to seem to do well at most things these days.

wtb the macedonia's lol, they produced jamm i found out the other day, and the 2 other macedonian players ive come across are also pretty dam good,

Or is it quiet a balanced game, does each country come with equal quantities of nub's + talent.

Am gunna be my usual arrogant self n say england ftw!!! :p,

but seriously, i am but curious what ppl think?

DeletedUser

I would say Germany, for the reason you stated. As a stereotype, they love drawn-out strategy games and resource management - look at the Anno and Settler games.

I'd suggest that America does have many of the best players, but not out of average quality, but since there are so many Americans. Whilst America has a population of roughly 300m, the UK only has around 70m and Germany around 110m - this would indicate that there are more Americans playing TW and as such, they are likely to produce more good players.

DeletedUser6695

No country is better...Im trying to think of players off the top of my head

Nauz~ American
JChilds~ Aus
Hoang~ Vietnam
Muldie ~ NZ
25~ UK
PP~ US?
Lodda ~ German( I think)

Could go on forever tbh

DeletedUser4753

jamm~macedonia
Tharg~german
dent~us?
mattcurr~us
pervis, not sure tbh

DeletedUser

The title made me think of "Everyone's a little bit racist" from Avenue Q.

Anyway, if I had to choose anyone, it would be the Germans. They have been here longer than we have and the kind of optimum strategy changes so quickly that it brings them such a distinct advantage. I've been here for around 5 and a half years and I can remember times where nobody was using scripts or doing any of the standard techniques that are common today and the most comprehensive guide was uTeach.

So if we've come so far in that amount of time, then it's only reasonable to say that the average German player is better.

But really, a bit of time and effort from anyone will put them at the top. This game really isn't that difficult to get your head around, you just need to have nothing better to do.

DeletedUser

Germans from what I've seen.

Everytime I've played with a top 10 or even top 20 .de player they've been brilliant, whereas you do not need to be brilliant to be top 10 .uk. I know server size etc. but I haven't met a bad german tw player, I mean I don't play on .de so that could be why, but still.

DeletedUser4753

Players of different nationalities, on more global servers like uk and .net tend to be better, but imagine on thier home servers thier are qualities of varying degree.

Ok so lets say countries of arguably the best, proportiante to size ofc like pushty mentioned

English 53 million
US 315 mil
germans 82 mil

am gunna say

1. Uk (cuz am a patriot) :p
2.germans (cuz they possibly the best)
3, n US (cuz am a troll

Dont see too many asians about, asside from exceptions were are they all, considering china + india is 40% of the worlds population were are they?

DeletedUser9598

Have china/japan etc got a server? The brasilians, romanians, polish, swedish seem to venture over quite a bit but bar the odd 1 or 2 players id say they are way off the pace compared to the 3 you have listed

DeletedUser4753

If not the shud, once japs get a hold of this game they will start breeding kids to be born to play tw lol, then we got a game on :D

brassilians are imo above adverage
poles talk the talk but dont walk it
swedes similar to above but seem to produce a few decent ones
nvr seen a romanian tht i wud rate tbh

DeletedUser

There's a South Korean server, with the commitment they put into Starcraft, it makes you wonder what would happen if TW became big.

Edit: There were some promising Hungarian players on UK10, but they disappeared during midgame.

DeletedUser9598

It would put an end too world war as we would simply battle it out online :lol:

DeletedUser282

The game is almost entirely based around activity once you hit a certain level of competence. So I would imagine that the average player from each server is probably approximately equal.

DeletedUser269

And find a Co Player for when you need your 5 minutes sleep.

DeletedUser4753

The game is almost entirely based around activity once you hit a certain level of competence. So I would imagine that the average player from each server is probably approximately equal.

i would either argue this is false or the threshold you set is too high.

players who are considered the best in the game are not thier cuz they are mega active (in alot of cases)
and if the game at the top end is all about activty then thier are proly less than 10 players on uk who meet that competance.
having played uk fa a while id deffo say the average player and even so called good players suck. yet are quiet capable of surving and ending up on muli million accounts, this i saw to a large degree on large uk w1 and later small uk worlds.
in any case the average german seems to be more competant than the average us player.
at the top seems ppl cun from all over to dominate with a tendency to be us or german

however on a whole player base side who has the best average (if anyone)

DeletedUser6695

Don't bring activity into this debate. 99% of the top players who claim they are only playing a few hours a day whilst top5/10 on a competitive world are lying to you. Perhaps once they reach a certain points/lc total they cut it down but early on it's an absolute pain in the arse and the pc screen doesnt get to even go into sleep mode.

Anyhooo,

I know very few Germans and any I've seen have come over and tri or quad played accounts been around top 5. They don't seem that impressive. Then again the same goes for uk as a whole. Garg's post is probably right. Get people with equal activity that are competent and most of the time they will be reasonably close in growth. Bar the super starter's like Nauz or Hoang and whoever else you want to place in that category.

Oh and Japan has a tw server as well. I played there a few years ago. It was abysmal.