Castle Assault

BigHugh

Reaction score
Okay hate to be that salty guy, but this event is not good...

How is it fair pairing up you with other random people, making you dependent on others to achieve your rewards? It is beyond me that the randomized groups will decide what rewards you will get, given some players an unfair advantage over others just because they were lucky with the group.

I mean I'm pretty against the fact that you can buy yourself advantages, but pretty much gotten over that now. And then this happens? I mean, my friend (let him be anonymous for now...), who is doing exactly the same as me, has gotten 8k medals, whilst I am only on 3k. This means he will get a bunch of advantages over me, for doing nothing different. Now, if we would be enemies, this could end it for me, just because I got unlucky with my group.

So, my main point: The events has to be personal

I would love to hear any arguments for this event. Because to me, it is just ridiculous. I could go on and speak for 4 hours why this event is not a good idea, but this should be enough to prove my point.

Deleted User - 896972

Who's your "anonymous" friend? They sound like a noob :rolleyes:

Also going to be people with a lot more than their 8K medals about. A lot of it is PP based too

BigHugh

Reaction score
Yeah and that is another point. If you would be in a group with someone PP abusing, you would get the advantages of many destroyed towers without doing shit.

Like I said - can go on forever on how this event is just pure bad

Killing Time

Reaction score
Who's your "anonymous" friend? They sound like a noob :rolleyes:

Also going to be people with a lot more than their 8K medals about. A lot of it is PP based too

^^ this. You can spend PP to get medals. If you hate this event BigHugh then the one where they split the world into 4 teams and you got rewards based on farming and other active events would possibly send you quicker over than regime change in the Kinky family!

This event has flaws, as do they all, as again if you splash the cash you'll get even further ahead than those that don't. My only advice is to note the names on your castle assault and mail them and say perhaps we should do supply first then bombard etc etc. Let me know how this pans out but it might work?!

HotLikeDat

Reaction score
Yeah this point has been raised with frequency on .net.
The randomised aspect of it makes a significant difference as you can get carried to more medals by your team. It really ought to be changed, but having already seen it raised on .net I have no faith it will be changed here

Killing Time

Reaction score
How would you change it? It can't be personal as the whole point is to have a strategy to get high ranks to gain more medals (hence that you can buy more mercenaries for PP as remember this is a money spinner for our beloved Inno). You can't make it tribal as that would be grossly unfair to those not in tribes and in any case there is already the tribal element built in (again with added PP boosting).

You could remove the PP boosting element but that would render it useless in Inno's eyes. The only way is to make it random and that one out of every 4 events you should find yourself in a decent group. It is flawed and of course there are some that wait for just such events and splash a lot of PP to get the goodies and spend a whole day or so minting coins rather than growing their villa early doors to get to Rank 1 and then noble a barb....

The only real change would be to remove the PP boost on the tribal element and to give medals for the top contributors within a tribe as an added incentive maybe. Otherwise it is what it is which is simply a revenue generator for Inno and a way to really get ahead for those that think about these things.

Finally, you will also get the last of the free buffet folk popping a pop boost onto their villa ready for you to noble them so there are other benefits. The only way to change this would be for no one to spend any premium on the event but that is never going to happen...!

BigHugh

Reaction score
It doesn't need to be changed - this event needs to be removed.

To me, this event could be personal however. Lower the requirements to kill the towers, and let everyone do it on their own. The tribe quest could remain, as an incentive to have a tribe.

I don't know about the revenues/event, but I wouldn't be surprised if people spend less than usual on this event. I know I'm not too tempted to spend PP on this event as I would have to spend a very large amount to even get near this anonymous person mentioned above, who hasn't spent anything (or barely anything...) which makes it very uninspired to me.

And as everything Inno cares about, is short-term income for them, I doubt this event is the best one for them. Could be wrong here, would be fun to see after each event a summary for total PP spent by all players on the event, but highly doubt this would be possible.