Children of dead soldiers given Scholarships.

DeletedUser

Government to soldiers: We'll start wars for our own political advantage, send you to fly the flag for us with inadequate equipment, and ignore your needs on returning from combat. But don't worry, ourbraveboys: we'll screw around with the education system so your orphans can go to uni.

DeletedUser

You mean, private schools?

The main* two types of schools in the UK are Public Schools and State Schools.

State schools are funded by the government and anyone** can attend.

Public schools aren't funded by the government and only those who pay can attend

* I'm saying this ignoring the new rules on academy's and all the new stuff the governments bringing in.
** You have to be in a catchment area, and if there is a long waiting list to the school, you might not be garunteed a place.

My personal view is, as others have said, its a soldier's choice to risk it. They join knowing they could die and destroy their family.

Again, as others have said, you couldn't pay for all (public sector/emergency service) deaths, it would be a sum that makes up too much. And what happens if the child dosen't want to go to university/completely screws all courses because he simply dosent have the motivation. Government money that could've been spent on councilling wasted.

DeletedUser

Why should only the gifted be "fasttracked". Do we not live in a culture where everyone is ment to be treat the same?

I think it's a totally acceptable way to spend money, rewarding the kids of true heroes. I bet our goverment wastes alot more money, on more stupid things!

Would you want your money to be wasted on people who can't cope in those courses at any rate? We all have different talents and we should be rewarded accordingly. Otherwise we'll see people demanding the same pay as top football players because 'we're meant to be treated the same'

On topic: Completely unfair. Not just because the kid(s) might be under qualified, but also because those that do meet the requirement might be cut out... On top of that, soldiers know the dangers of their job, just like any other person knows what comes with their job. If they want to do something like that, then fine, but not with taxpayer money imo...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It only affects 100 kids and has a budget of 800k not much. But, it will help their families < me thinks

DeletedUser

Hello Sir Giving out money, my parents grew up in a warzone. They werent able to focus on education to get a great paying job to help pay for my education.
Can I haz a sholarship plz?