No outside support, support withdrawn on leaving tribe
No Attacking Tribe mates

Pre-Registration is now open

Last edited:

DeletedUser10970

That’s great!

Will the tribes be fixed?
Is there outside support?

Assume just 1 village start and no random seconds?

DeletedUser13536

There's no premium-recources trading on classic right? And as long as I'm here is there any qualitiy tribe looking for a qualitiy member?

DeletedUser14597

It would be nice to see the set of start conditions DBM, not just a selection :p

General-Richa

Reaction score
Classic Settings
Game speed 4
Unit speed 1
Ability to demolish buildings Active
Morale Inactive
Milliseconds Active
Fake limit 2% of the village points
Research System Simplified research
Church Active
Watchtower Inactive
Achievements Inactive
Growing barbarian villages Active up to 2000 points
Bonus villages Simple bonus villages
Time frame for cancelling attacks 3 minutes
Time frame for cancelling transports 5 minutes
Night bonus Active from 0:00 until 8:00
Protection for beginners 3 days
Max attackratio (attacker:defender) 20:1 for the first 21 days
Flags Inactive
Hauls Active, with scavenging
Units
Archers Inactive
Scout system The scout can report troops, buildings, resources and foreign units
Paladin Active, no items
Militia Active
Nobleman
Purchased using Gold coins
Max nobleman travel distance 25 fields
Loyalty decrease per nobleman attack 20-35
Loyalty increase per hour 4
Configuration
Tribe member limit 6
Tribe levels Inactive
Account sitting Active
Account sitting restrictions Restricted sitter access after an account has been sat 30 days within the last 30 days.
Free trading Active, time restriction based on the player who started first
Ability to select starting direction Active
Victory requirements Player must hold 0 points with 1500 villages for 48 hours
Start date Jun 23,2018 10:00

Nauzhror

Reaction score
What is scavenging?

Welcome back PWP

Scavenging is a system similar to farming where you send troops out of your villages and they return with resources.

The announcement claimed this world has a unit speed of 1. When you pre-register it says 0.25. Settings are showing 1 still though, which is it supposed to be?

If it's 1, it has a relative unit speed of 4, if 0.25 relative speed is 1.

The 3 minute and 20 second cancellation period should definitely be announced as well. That's a pretty big change from normally having ten minutes to cancel snipe.

Base production at 45 changes things a lot as well. Mines will grant 50% more res per hour than is typical for their level. ie. Things will build as if speed 4, but mines will generate res as if speed 6. This includes mines in barbs and such, so this is an effective 50%+ buff to farming. (It's actually over 50% because it enables you to save on travel time too.)

Last edited:

DeletedUser13448

Scavenging is a system similar to farming where you send troops out of your villages and they return with resources.

The announcement claimed this world has a unit speed of 1. When you pre-register it says 0.25. Settings are showing 1 still though, which is it supposed to be?

If it's 1, it has a relative unit speed of 4, if 0.25 relative speed is 1.

The 3 minute and 20 second cancellation period should definitely be announced as well. That's a pretty big change from normally having ten minutes to cancel snipe.

Base production at 45 changes things a lot as well. Mines will grant 50% more res per hour than is typical for their level. ie. Things will build as if speed 4, but mines will generate res as if speed 6. This includes mines in barbs and such, so this is an effective 50%+ buff to farming. (It's actually over 50% because it enables you to save on travel time too.)

Is scavenging something I should be aware of that isn't normally active? Never heard of it

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Is scavenging something I should be aware of that isn't normally active? Never heard of it

It was added to the game a few months back, I've played two worlds with it, but both were on .net. Not sure which .uk worlds have had it, probably only uk37 and 38.

It's very useful, early on, but it's only super useful early on. It beats out farming during BP unless you have a fantastic area, but it doesn't scale well, so with large numbers of troops it doesn't net you many resources. ie. When I can get 100k a day with scavenging I could alternatively get 300-400k probably farming, but when you'd get 5k farming I can probably get 20k from scavenging.

Some sample #'s (these #'s are not accurate on speed 4, they are accurate for W102 .net, so do not take them as being real values, only as ratios):

10 spears can scavenge 7824 res per day
20 spears - 13,241
50 spears - 24,174
100 spears - 36,035
200 spears - 50,472
300 spears - 60,326
400 spears - 67,756
500 spears - 73,645
600 spears - 78,477
700 spears - 82,544
800 spears - 86,036
900 spears - 89,083
1000 spears - 91,776
20,000 spears - 134,424

Clearly super strong dropoff.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13448

It was added to the game a few months back, I've played two worlds with it, but both were on .net. Not sure which .uk worlds have had it, probably only uk37 and 38.

It's very useful, early on, but it's only super useful early on. It beats out farming during BP unless you have a fantastic area, but it doesn't scale well, so with large numbers of troops it doesn't net you many resources. ie. When I can get 100k a day with scavenging I could alternatively get 300-400k probably farming, but when you'd get 5k farming I can probably get 20k from scavenging.

Some sample #'s (these #'s are not accurate on speed 4, they are accurate for W102 .net, so do not take them as being real values, only as ratios):

10 spears can scavenge 7824 res per day
20 spears - 13,241
50 spears - 24,174
100 spears - 36,035
200 spears - 50,472
300 spears - 60,326
400 spears - 67,756
500 spears - 73,645
600 spears - 78,477
700 spears - 82,544
800 spears - 86,036
900 spears - 89,083
1000 spears - 91,776
20,000 spears - 134,424

Clearly super strong dropoff.

Cheers, the numbers are very helpful. I'll just hope it doesn't nullify farming for too long then

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Scavenging is bad on classic compared to other worlds.

Not sure how, but somehow it makes troops move less than twice as fast on speed 4/1 than on 1.5/.66

Nice math Innogames.

Last edited:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Any chance awards can be activated? Don't really see any reason to have them turned off. They have no gameplay impact but can be used to keep people motivated to push harder by seeing how they're doing compared to others on things like total res farmed, etc.

DeletedUser13448

Any chance awards can be activated? Don't really see any reason to have them turned off. They have no gameplay impact but can be used to keep people motivated to push harder by seeing how they're doing compared to others on things like total res farmed, etc.

^^ i usually get demotivated seeing people having outfarmed me but achievements are fun. I'd guess it's too late though. Im sure noone is actively campaigning against achievements being available though so i wouldnt see the problem if it were possible .

DeletedUser4753

Scavenging is great, whilst it again has further benefits for pp spenders what it does do is give people a decent resource stream early game.
In the past you had to prey for a good area or deal with low income, one could buy res from pp exchange to mitigate this but thats not everyone's cup of tea, scavenging gives players a solid alternative to 1/1/1 hauls early game.

@theamk daily awards dont usually activate till a few week into a world, so plenty of time for them to be activated should peeps come to that consensus

DeletedUser13448

@d1mension ign? 4nubs1acc?

Usually the normal achievements and milestones would be active long before now

DeletedUser4753

Not joined yet, i dont think i know 3 ppl id get along with enough to 4 way co :D