Classic 3 settings

DeletedUser

Just a question is it usual on a uk world to not be able to see whats in a village with scouts? no matter the number?

Scouts have four possible settings, 0, 1, 3 and 4. The setting for each world can be determined by looking at the config file for each world. For UK Classic, this link is http://ukc1.tribalwars.co.uk/interface.php?func=get_config.
The relevant bit is <spy>0</spy>, so this world has a scout setting of 0.

A scout setting of 0 means that the minimum number of scouts you need to send is 1, but they will only reveal troops and resources in the village, and not the buildings or troops outside the village. Only exception to this if if you equip your Paladin with the telescope and send him with your scouts, and then the report will also show buildings and troops outside the village. Whether you see nothing, troops or troops and resources is still determined by how many scouts survive.

This setting is not exclusive to UK and is also used on .net, but, if I remember correctly, it was very rarely used and not in any of the previous UK worlds. The standard scout setting is 1 which shows you resources, buildings and troops with a minimum of 1 scout.

DeletedUser7179

Scouts have four possible settings, 0, 1, 3 and 4. The setting for each world can be determined by looking at the config file for each world. For UK Classic, this link is http://ukc1.tribalwars.co.uk/interface.php?func=get_config.
The relevant bit is <spy>0</spy>, so this world has a scout setting of 0.

A scout setting of 0 means that the minimum number of scouts you need to send is 1, but they will only reveal troops and resources in the village, and not the buildings or troops outside the village. Only exception to this if if you equip your Paladin with the telescope and send him with your scouts, and then the report will also show buildings and troops outside the village. Whether you see nothing, troops or troops and resources is still determined by how many scouts survive.

This setting is not exclusive to UK and is also used on .net, but, if I remember correctly, it was very rarely used and not in any of the previous UK worlds. The standard scout setting is 1 which shows you resources, buildings and troops with a minimum of 1 scout.

Thank you for your swift reply, very informative. However am I correct in thinking that a scout report should show resources in barbs then? at the moment they are not

http://ukc1.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/89ca6bd8a46c0311bd6cdb37f2eaf4fe

DeletedUser

Thank you for your swift reply, very informative. However am I correct in thinking that a scout report should show resources in barbs then? at the moment they are not

http://ukc1.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/89ca6bd8a46c0311bd6cdb37f2eaf4fe

To the best of my knowledge, it should be showing resources. I don't recall any tech setting which didn't show resources when all the scouts survived, and given that this is a Ten tech world, it's not possible to upgrade scouts either. Maybe the fact it is a ten tech world and the scout setting is set at 0 might cause this behaviour, or it's a new setting which I haven't seen before. In either case, someone like Tracey could probably clarify more on this issue.

DeletedUser

Maybe you should read more before opening your mouth and making yourself look like a fool, it clearly states we were joining as for not winning we encourage you too try and stop us

Lol stopping you guys...only reason you won the second round was because I took a break... :icon_twisted:

So yeah let that be my way of saying I'll take you out with pleasure.

Just as a question, is there a certain percentage dominance that will activate an IG poll, close the world, or will it be time based like ts3 on twmasters is?

DeletedUser9598

Lol stopping you guys...only reason you won the second round was because I took a break... :icon_twisted:

So yeah let that be my way of saying I'll take you out with pleasure.

You did a grand old job of this

Even though i had to leave im glad to see gang have won it, well done everyone.

DeletedUser9793

Dont quite know whats happening here
world been won for some time and there should have been a poll after 12 weeks to decide winning conditions . No news from ingame mods on whats happening and when .Can we have a proper announcement please