Closed without warning?

DeletedUser9933

This is an extension of a thread from the tavern..

So without any kind of heads up from mods, uk11 is just closed. No warning or announcement in here about us winning, just silence and all our stuff in notepads and qebars in there is just gone..

I think it was like 1 hour after we won it, it was just closed and no way of getting back your data. So if you spend christmas with your family instead of hanging over your pc, then you lost all your stuff..

This is redicolous, what were you mods thinking on this one?

/Baconator

DeletedUser4221

Have to agree, i missed out on moving some info i had on my notebook so now its lost it would seem.

Assassin222

DeletedUser

yea.. just tried to login and uk 11 was missing.. and till now no announcement from mods here abt our win :(

DeletedUser

i was out all day yesterday so didnt even have the time to add thing too the forums etc..etc.. i thought we were supposed to get a week of peacetime?

matt

DeletedUser

Last world I was on the winning side we were given plenty of notice, a week or so mailed to all on the world once the winning conditions had been met.

Surely there are steps that must have had to have been followed here...... unless it was automated and out of the mods hands

DeletedUser9933

Think they just closed it and went home for vacation :icon_rolleyes: Very unprofessional..

DeletedUser10780

No sympathy really.

If you hadn't messed around and ended the world in a classy way, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Pretty funny really

DeletedUser9933

Lol - Clearly there is nothing even remotely right about what you are moaning about and well noone threw coins into you anyways.. go be sore somewhere else..

DeletedUser

[sa]UK11 closed/ended as the 48 hour countdown clock reached completion (while secrets were being held) therefore the win conditions had been met.[/sa]

DeletedUser9933

Yea where in the description of the setting and such do you read that the world is closed that abruptly? what if we'd have to fight all the way to the end?

You can't see anything wrong with this at all?

I had a bucketload in my notebook and some stuff on the qebar I'd like to have backupped, and there was still prem on the acct and all.. and saying that we made the mistake closing the world over christmas is not really the point. The point is noone knew you guys would close the world like that, so who has described their world-end process inadequately?

Other worlds have had upto a FULL WEEK after win criteria has been met! What I am pondering is why we don't get the same courtesy..?

/Bacon

DeletedUser

yeah those 48 hours were not the peace time which every other world has.. like if we wud have lost 1 flag in this period the world wud again be like a normal world
after the 48 hours it was simply wining condition achieved.. after which every other world get a peace time period which we didnt got :(

DeletedUser10816

I must say that I completely agree with the complaints here even though I didn't play the world. I've experienced 2 world endings now, and although there is the satisfaction of winning a world - the actual event itself is as dull as dull can be. TW don't really appear to pay much attention to the ending of a world, they seem to lose interest as soon as the revenue making opportunities dry up. So much for brand building, customer loyalty and encouraging people to come back and play again... On W12 now, with 6 villages left to take, and 3 months to go... I doubt anyone will be renewing their premium to just sit there in boredom.... so 3 months of no income from a world... thats good business right? nearly as mad as frustrating the rightful winners of W11 by flicking a switch and not even saying "thats all folks"... months of effort for very little return.

Rules may be rules, but admin are also admin for a reason - firstly to enforce the rules, and secondly to make exceptions to and change those rules and conditions which are within their power to do so where they contradict common sense. They are their to look after the games customers, otherwise it will end up with no return customers... which is shocking business sense in my opinion...
Admin have overruled rules and settings in the past, made exceptions and looked after the best interests of the gaming community to preserve the future of the server... I do wonder if we'll ever see it again, that admin will look to the long term rather than the short term.

GIXXER

UK10 Winner
Reaction score
Great thread guys.
I didn't play uk11, but this abrupt ending to a popular world just add to the failings of some of the uk sever staff (which i now understand is vastly under staffed, or staff are moonlighting as another), i mean, look at tonight, we were meant to have peace at midnight, yet attacks are still landing. Guess theres no count down timer on that implementation, so again staff have not been present or aren't carrying out the job they're paid for. I have had problems with the staff on the uk server sent it started, and have ticketed many times about it in the past, even contacting inno gmbh on one occasion

Last edited:

DeletedUser9933

Much as I would always would like to disagree with gixxie, Nitro is really nailing the point here, as is gix.. its not good anymore guys.. atm you're liking the fact that prem is rolling in, but that will stop with this kind of modding. I cannot see a way that a uk20 can possibly have any exp players init..
Everyone has lost faith in the mods.. and its jsut silence from you guys.. its really quite sad.. perhaps you should start try paying ppl for modding.. just a CRAZY suggestion.. This for sure isnt working anymore.. putting newbs into a situation for the first time, TIR almost feels bad for it, had we only known we shouldn't have ended a world during christmas to prevent this kerfuffle.. *facepalm*

DeletedUser

ttill is not our kerfuffle. A few failings, by certain individuals, need to be admitted but somehow I can not see that happening anytime soon.

DeletedUser9933

It is my kerfuffle if I am to start a new world under these terms.. but agreed, I don't see that happening either..