Confused????

DeletedUser

Why can't I use my .net Scripts?

Why are the rules different from server to server?

I'm really confused, could someone clarify. Thanks

DeletedUser4083

No server is the same, and the .uk server has unique features that set it aside from just being a carbon copy of .net. You will find that many of the scripts that you use on .net are approved for use here, however we don't allow scripts that interact with the rally point (i.e. hit the ok buttons to actually launch attacks and supports). So no farming scripts (as that is what most do on .net), and no sniping scripts. If you feel that there are some .net scripts that should be allowed on this server then you can contact the script mod, or contact the authors of the scripts to have them submit it here for approval.

DeletedUser4753

Scripts help but ppl rely 2 much on em, most are pretty useless.

Get a tagger (approved)
get a sorter (approved)
Rally point freeze (approved)
Resource balancer (approved)

Those 4 + fa and what else would one want to do thats regarded as essential?

DeletedUser

Why can't I use my .net Scripts?

Why are the rules different from server to server?

I'm really confused, could someone clarify. Thanks

If the rules were exactly the same from server to server, and all scripts were transferable, you might as well only have one server.

Scripts help but ppl rely 2 much on em, most are pretty useless.

Get a tagger (approved)
get a sorter (approved)
Rally point freeze (approved)
Resource balancer (approved)

Those 4 + fa and what else would one want to do thats regarded as essential?

A village renamer and a fake script maker. Essential for me, anyway.

DeletedUser4753

fake script maker legal???

Vill names i use on occasion for the lulz, but wudnt say essential

DeletedUser

is it? That seems like an insignificant script to ban. Having not played on .uk for quite some time I wouldn't know, but it if it is illegal, it would surprise me. All the script does is take a targets village coords (when activated on said target's profile) and insert them into an existing default fake script, which is pretty damn easy (but obviously more time consuming) to do via twstats.

DeletedUser6695

is it? That seems like an insignificant script to ban. Having not played on .uk for quite some time I wouldn't know, but it if it is illegal, it would surprise me. All the script does is take a targets village coords (when activated on said target's profile) and insert them into an existing default fake script, which is pretty damn easy (but obviously more time consuming) to do via twstats.

Any script that interacts with the rally point is banned

DeletedUser

Nice of them to put that in the rules, eh? Besides, all a fake script does is input information. It doesn't click any buttons.

DeletedUser4

§5) Scripts and Bots

The only scripts allowed in the British version can be found here.
All other scripts have to be approved first by submitting the complete code and explanation into a new thread here.
Greasemonkey scripts are forbidden on our servers.
All non approved scripts installed on the Quickbar or stored in the account will be punishable. (Functional or not).

[tt]I think that is pretty clear?[/tt]

DeletedUser

If it's not from the list of approved scripts, then you're not supposed to use it. Is that so difficult to understand?

It's called whitelisting. And thus a list of forbidden scripts would be infinitely long.

DeletedUser4753

i like uk fa its script rules if i wanted to fight a bot id flick on xbox n play sum other game
tw i play ppl i setup my opera b tabs to attack ppl n defend against them, i plan my fakes and optize my spam fakes
why shud a script what invents a attack plan be legal
that wud suck

DeletedUser

If it's not from the list of approved scripts, then you're not supposed to use it. Is that so difficult to understand?

It's called whitelisting. And thus a list of forbidden scripts would be infinitely long.

Could you tell me where I asked for a list of forbidden scripts?

My point being that a rules page is supposed to succinctly explain the rights and wrongs. CF accurately and concisely explained that the script(s) I had in mind weren't legal with one small sentence. Instead I need to follow Tracey's link in order to be linked to another page and read through a thread to figure out whether or not it was legal. Now, I didn't say it was difficult (in fact, feel free to quote where I said that as well if you like), I said that doing it CF's way was more user friendly.

Though, I still don't understand why a fake script is illegal. As I said, it seems like an insignificant type of script to ban. One can achieve nearly the same level of attacks sent per minute by faking with tabs.

why shud a script what invents a attack plan be legal
that wud suck

That's not what any of the scripts I listed do. A fake script, when activated on the rally point, inputs a village coordinates, and a single ram (or enough rams to bypass a fake limit). That's all. Doesn't click any buttons; doesn't tell you when to attack, doesn't plan any ops. All it does is fills in two boxes, which saves on some time. Please don't assume you know what people are talking about when you don't actually know.

Assuming I actually understood what you tried to say, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

Apologies a illegal fake sript i saw pre selected vills for the user and set up rally to send a ram speed to them.

So a slightly less power full script your proposing?

I think with the inclusion of troop templates, which in effect does the job of a fake scripts, as you can pre select 1 ram 50 scouts or whatever, then fire through tabs to execute the pre-set fake troop count on vills you select, its a bit longer but tis easy enough.

Also ur script just sets up a ram speed for all the enemy player vills? why not just do it once manually then book mark, that way you can imediatly open all the links to attack again with sam troops in the same way your script would.

It seems your script is achievable via other means, but the point is all stages of my method are manual bar use of in game links, your script seems to script steps where the player has input, thier by making the game simpler and less based on traits like perseverance n effort.

Either way, when w13 came out, players were asked if they would prefer a more .net approach to scripts, to which uk community responded a strong NO, and imo for good reason.

DeletedUser

Sorry, but I really don't understand what it is that you are saying. It appears to me that we are talking about different things.

DeletedUser4753

am saying thiers a inbuilt feature u cud take advantage of to achieve what said script wud
and theirs also a work around that does exactly the same and is infact faster than your script.

DeletedUser

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Having not played in years on this server I don't know about the latest developments. The bookmark workaround you spoke of; aye, that's viable, however when you're faking an entire tribe, where each account has, for example, 750k+, that's a lot of bookmarks. 75 for each player assuming a 10k build. Not to mention the time it would take to bookmark every villa in the first place.

Now, I agree, that option is available. There is also a workaround via chrome in which you can bind certain information to a key (ie, binding one set of coordinates to the letter 'Q', another set to 'W', another to 'E', etc). Like I said, there are certainly ways to work around the illegality. However, scripting is by far the quickest. Twstats gives you the ability to create a list of coordinates, and there are hundreds of default fake scripts (talking from a .net viewpoint) waiting to be used. Running a fake script maker is even faster, as there is only one click required by the user (ie, you), and that is whilst looking at a player (or tribe) profile. The script runs, and creates a fake script for use against a player (or tribe). Whilst the above are both good ways to circumvent the illegality of fake scripts, they don't quite compare to a fake script itself. If the workarounds were better than the fake script, then there would be no reason for the script to be illegal in the first place.

I get that this conversation is somewhat pointless, however I like to think that I offer a viewpoint from a somewhat more vocal than usual 'new player' to the server. I'm having a hopefully somewhat fruitful conversation with Cheese as well.