Dear Cookies, we thought we should mention..

DeletedUser11866

too bad normal worlds aren't just about how active you are and good your internet speed is.

DeletedUser

Oh dear. I'm not really sure what to facepalm at. Your sheer ignorance, or the fact that doesn't counter what I've just said.

DeletedUser13573

:lol::lol:
Good one.

well thats true actually. anyone can get a co and make the account active 24/7. and most players know how to snipe, send a train and backtime. what else do you need? I mean its not that hard to do everything well mechanically.

DeletedUser13448

Cute, but you'd pose as much a challenge to me on normal as theamk did on speed.

heey heey heey, lets not go there shall we,

i couldve posed a bigger threat if i had started attacking LMFAO

was my first 1v1, dont take this as a compliment but its like getting into boxing and facing mayweather on your first match

i was expecting that we were having a noble race, altho you did make it clear that '1v1 begins now'

DeletedUser13448

If you're saying speed is easy, come 1v1 me.

to be honest i have to agree with matt and a car, and i aint sucking up xD

but speed rounds are a bit harder, everything has to be done within 30 seconds or so, and well, matt did manage to backtime me whilst i had a few fakes heading towards him together with my nuke:D

normal rounds are mostly about activity too, like a car said, nearly every1 who comes on forum can backtime, snipe send perfect trains and its mostly about being online:D

and volkan a piece of advice:p dont accept the 1v1

DeletedUser13573

If you're saying speed is easy, come 1v1 me.

I'm definitely not saying that speed is easy.

Normal worlds are not only about mechanics, that's my point. I believe that 40 out of 50 top players on w22 can play perfectly mechanically (because its really easy) and most of the top 25 players can keep their accounts online for 24/7. But why can't everyone win if doing everything right mechanically can be learnt? Because it involves diplomacy and your "soft skills".

I wouldn't be a good speed player right away, I never play it and I would lack the SPEED that is needed. Being able to do everything right is not enough because you actually have to be fast and to be fast you need to work on it.

DeletedUser

Normal worlds are not only about mechanics, that's my point. I believe that 40 out of 50 top players on w22 can play perfectly mechanically (because its really easy) and most of the top 25 players can keep their accounts online for 24/7. But why can't everyone win if doing everything right mechanically can be learnt? Because it involves diplomacy and your "soft skills".
Only if you're in a leadership position.

But I see your point and agree. With speed it's more about individual skill. On normal it is more about strategy.

DeletedUser11866

I looking at the last couple comments people have understand what i first meant when i made the original comment.

I wouldn't play peed to save my life. Last i played on it was years ago and it gets annoying because you literally can't go for a flipping piss without having a co and when you come back having your account zeroed down. so go ahead and enjoy speed if you have the time and will but as for me i do not plan on going back to it anytime soon. even if i did I'm pretty sure i would be near the bottom somewhere as it seems its evolved a lot since i last played.

DeletedUser

ea8a9484691fe18a220d9ffd34092d94.png

8366e5a28ee71c6228fc248cbadc304a.png

d977b2449e054c2b84f5031817289c9f.png

Atleast you had the balls.

He gave it ago. You backtimed my nuke but I missed the dodge xD. Still won doe.

well thats true actually. anyone can get a co and make the account active 24/7. and most players know how to snipe, send a train and backtime. what else do you need? I mean its not that hard to do everything well mechanically.

Knowing the techniques is only half the struggle. Try doing all of the following with only seconds to do them and while you're constantly taking shed loads of incomings and being pressured. One mistake and it's game over. Normal worlds have nothing on speed rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Knowing the techniques is only half the struggle. Try doing all of the following with only seconds to do them and while you're constantly taking shed loads of incomings and being pressured. One mistake and it's game over. Normal worlds have nothing on speed rounds.

That's really more a case of speed requiring more concentration, more knowledge of scripts, but less overall strategy.

Most good speed players are good timers, but they wouldn't need to be so much if they didn't primarily hold the very wrong opinion that offense is better than defense. Stacking instead of sniping and backtiming makes it much easier.

They're different beasts altogether. Few of the best normal world players are great at speed (I am great at speed 20, 50, and 100, anything faster than 100 not so much), and no speed player I have ever seen is a top-tier slow world player. The closest I can think of would be KingSam and Miggy, but they aren't the best slow worlds players by any stretch of the imagination (though they are very good, just less dominant than they are at speed).

Last edited:

DeletedUser10790

They are indeed different beats, but alot of the skills (of coruse) cross over.

I would say that every 'top speeder' could be significantly more succesfull than any given top tier normal world player on a 400 speed round.

blue

Nauzhror

Reaction score
They are indeed different beats, but alot of the skills (of coruse) cross over.

I would say that every 'top speeder' could be significantly more succesfull than any given top tier normal world player on a 400 speed round.

blue

Speed 400 is definitely the realm of speed players. Top tier normal world player could do well, but they'd likely have to play multiple such rounds before they'd do so.

DeletedUser

To respond to Nauz...
That's really more a case of speed requiring more concentration, more knowledge of scripts, but less overall strategy.

Disagree partly here, yes more concentration is required, but I'd argue more game knowledge is needed over scripts. I don't use a single script when I play speed and I'd challenge any top player in any round. I'd also say 'less' strategy is probably the wrong wording wording. More 'alternative' strategy, it's needed but it's different: less diplomacy, more tactics and judgement of player reactions. Strategy is more long term, when speed is inherently short term, so I'd say tactics are more valuable.

Most good speed players are good timers, but they wouldn't need to be so much if they didn't primarily hold the very wrong opinion that offense is better than defense. Stacking instead of sniping and backtiming makes it much easier.

This is a slightly outdated opinion, a year or so ago if you didn't play offense on speed you were doing it wrong. Now there are plenty of successful 'turtles', and especially as part of a team more tactical decisions are made on who goes def and who goes off based on who else is in a round.

I'm probably biased but I'd argue that speed is much more transferable to normal than the other way around, since speed requires exceptional decision making at almost every step, at much faster speeds, and direct results of actions can be seen more clearly meaning mistakes are learned from quicker...

But back on topic: BYZ are dust. They've either been completely nobled, quit or are one of the last few waiting in line to be eaten.

DeletedUser

One of the biggest failings of a Speed player that goes defensive is not reading the round settings. Many times people will go defensive on rounds where it's illogical to do so, such as 150 farm limit rounds.

DeletedUser13573

I could already guess the winner tribe of this world but I don't want to say too much :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser13448

I could already guess the winner tribe of this world but I don't want to say too much :icon_rolleyes:

If I had to bet on it, and I aint saying this because I am in it, I would bet on one of the HD family, 2 probably.
Second choice would be Never Back Down.