Debate: Nobling active player villages against Barb Nobling.

DeletedUser

As an ex TuToR member I give permission for it to be discussed in this thread as we had a rule about no barb nobling so it is on topic.

DeletedUser8815

Ade was doing a great job leading teh tribe, we were rank 1 by miles and everyone was happy.

Well I will not beat about the bush, being a yorkshireman i call a spade a spade, and i call ade a cheat, yes a cheat. many players get banned for making mistakes without realising, careless perhaps but not cheating. Ade on the other hand wrote a program to log on and off all night while he slept in order to farm. The program would log on, send out farm runs then log off again automatically. Then he would come on and brag about how he is outfarming others. This is blatant cheating and these sort of players are not welcome here in tw.

The failure of tutor was very simple. There were a bunch of noobs supposedly being taught by the best players. I saw their forums, they were very good and very educational, but yet the noobs had not even mastered the simple task of sniping 2 second trains.

The tribe was number one thanks wholly to players like abdo, temporary and nauz, the noobs were happy to be protected and nurtured by these players as you would treat a favourite pet, but when all these players got bored with their pets they abandoned them/ This resulted in a whole bunch of headless chickens and frankly did not have a clue how to survive and then the rest of the world caught on to that and just helped themselves to the noobs villages, like taking candy from a baby.

I came along and tried to rescue a tribe that was basically just noobs who did not have a clue. I set about the task to try protect these noobs, which meant making friends with previous enemies. This caused the few decent players we had left to leave.

As they say in yorkshire, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

DeletedUser8815

Also its not hard to dominate where 'every' good player has left.[/COLOR]

.....and i suppose all the good players have left uk8 too

Rank Name Tribe Points Villages Average points per village
1 20Conquistar WC! 5.221 2 2611
2 Locutas of Borg iPod 4.429 2 2215
3 Apoxx WC! 4.363 1 4363
4 IXXXI A.F.A 4.156 2 2078

DeletedUser6695

I hear apoxx is quite good tbh, but yes most 'good' players didn't even join w8

And regarding Ade that's hardly relevant to tutors downfall considering he had quit 2 weeks previously

DeletedUser8815

I hear apoxx is quite good tbh, but yes most 'good' players didn't even join w8

thats crap! many good players are there. take another look, abdo, nauz, ruffus, just to name a few that i know of.

DeletedUser

thats crap! many good players are there. take another look, abdo, nauz, ruffus, just to name a few that i know of.

Just as a point of reference, 3-4 guys alll cracked the 3K points mark after 18 days on UK7. Which I believe was the last properly contested world for about a month.

UK8 you took 21 days to crack 3K points. I'll not go into detail on why you should have cracked it much earlier than the 18 that Nauz / Abdo / Temp took on UK7 ... but I'm pretty sure the simple reason is that no-one is playing. And when people don't play it makes others stop. The big vicious circle starts.

DeletedUser8815

Just as a point of reference, 3-4 guys alll cracked the 3K points mark after 18 days on UK7. Which I believe was the last properly contested world for about a month.

UK8 you took 21 days to crack 3K points. I'll not go into detail on why you should have cracked it much earlier than the 18 that Nauz / Abdo / Temp took on UK7 ... but I'm pretty sure the simple reason is that no-one is playing. And when people don't play it makes others stop. The big vicious circle starts.

oh boy, I really cannot win, can I? Had I cracked 3k in 18 days i would have been accused of point whoring....but this is not about who cracked what first but where players are now. Cannot see any of the guys you mention in the top 10 in either uk7 or uk8.

Not sure why you seem to think that uk8 is not properly contested.....Abdo for one gave up when he failed to catch me.

DeletedUser

By the nauz/abdo/my standards, you were pointwhoring anyway. Truth is, abdo was ahead of you playing 1-2 hours a day. You're top ranked, great, no point is trying to persuade others you are good. Because this is after all, the forums, and negative things will be brought to light.

DeletedUser

oh boy, I really cannot win, can I? Had I cracked 3k in 18 days i would have been accused of point whoring....but this is not about who cracked what first but where players are now. Cannot see any of the guys you mention in the top 10 in either uk7 or uk8.

Not sure why you seem to think that uk8 is not properly contested.....Abdo for one gave up when he failed to catch me.

You're totally missing the point mate. UK7 was properly contested for the first month and alot of us had a good bit of fun. It was very apparent from the start of UK8 (1-2 days in) that the same enthusiasm wasn't going to be there. Hence why the majority of top players either deleted or have run the account on stand-by mode (1/2 hr every day to spend the ressies) so that the villas can be passed over to their tribe. Afterall with the big boys probably having purchased premium in anticipation for the competition ... well its no great loss logging on a few times for minutes at various times in the day to help old friends.

The point is that if the world was properly competitive it should have taken circa 15days or probably less to crack the 3K barrier. Reason being is that its a faster world. To come out and say that its competitive is an absurd joke!!!

As for the names still around in UK7, again bud. We've all left heck I've even set in motion the UK1&4 deletes.

There is no competition on UK7. Think maybe 4/5 accounts being played semi-seriously. The game for alot of us has run its course. Maybe a good break and we'll return for a laaf in the winter (bearing in mind that I'll openly admit that there was snow on the ground at the weekend - lol)

DeletedUser6695

I'D say a break yntil summer should be long enough :p

W9... Cya there rev

DeletedUser

I'D say a break yntil summer should be long enough :p

W9... Cya there rev

Just to mix it up a bit whilst staying on topic.....

So the "good players" that strongly advocate no barb munching whilst talking about the "good" players having left a lot of worlds already and "taking a break"....

If you are having a conversation with someone and arguing/flaming players then you need to be in a position in that world where you can. I.e a better rank. All the arguments that players have got bored ect are irrelivant, so what that someone can be half decent at start up, noble a couple of players that are not quite so decent at start up, then leave and preach about game play and barb munching.

Have you ever considered that the strategic quality of these players make them better compared with those that can only make it work for the first month or so?

Im not sure how much I actualy believe what I have written above....... but its a thought all the same :)

DeletedUser6695

Players who play start up then quit can play late game, they just choose not too.

Also the players flaming LoB were all ranked higher when the world was competitive

Kthxbai

DeletedUser8815

Also the players flaming LoB were all ranked higher when the world was competitive

Kthxbai

Not true. While everyone was playing uk7 I attained the rank of 2, only player ahead of me was nauz. The top 5 or 6 jockeyed for position and it kept changing on a day to day basis. I would not say that I am better at startup then the other 'elite' players but I am certainly on a par with them and my record shows that.

When these players get overtaken they claim they are bored and give up, a very poor strategy, imagine if Man U did that everytime the opponents scored a goal? Proof of this is clearly demonstrated in UK7 when abdo, temporary, nauz were all in a battle to see who could get to 100k first, then they all got overtaken by gixxer, what happenned next? did they say right lets catch him, no they could not catch him, so they claimed boredom and quit.

The players who get my respect in this game are those that start their account and continue to play top level tw well into mid/late game. That shows the most important skill, adaptability and determination not to be outdone.

The skills involved in TW are many, some players such as nauz and abdo are very good at start up, but have a very low boredom threshold which is why they never progress to even early mid game.

Its a bit like David Beckham having a very good 5 minutes at the start of the game then being substituted, wouldn't stay in the team for long.

DeletedUser6695

Hmm abdo is a very poor example my friend, he was rank 1 on w1 foe months.

And tbf gixxer was a farming beast, also you couldn't have been rank 2 all along seeing as nauZ was rank 1 and gixxer rank 2 with temp and abdo at rank 3 and 4

DeletedUser6695

^ That was when you went on your crazy barb spree, im pretty sure you were rank 5 for most of my time on that world

DeletedUser

No one likes being called a liar and all that but stats speak for themselves:

Race to 3K.
Rank Name Date achieved
1 Tyranny 24th Dec 2010, 15:00
2 Temporary 26th Dec 2010, 0:00
3 Locutas of Borg 28th Dec 2010, 23:00
4 Abdo 29th Dec 2010, 22:00
5 Reverend Revelry 30th Dec 2010, 18:00
6 Ruffus 30th Dec 2010, 19:00
7 GIXXER 30th Dec 2010, 23:00
8 xXSaintXx 31st Dec 2010, 6:00
9 DubbyTheMule 31st Dec 2010, 18:00
10 Just-me 31st Dec 2010, 20:00

Considered a small skill and very dependant on how aggressive you are.

Race to 10K
Rank Name Date achieved
1 Temporary 8th Jan 2011, 23:00
2 Tyranny 9th Jan 2011, 15:00
3 Abdo 9th Jan 2011, 19:00
4 GIXXER 10th Jan 2011, 19:00
5 Locutas of Borg 11th Jan 2011, 2:00
6 xXSaintXx 11th Jan 2011, 13:00
7 Reverend Revelry 11th Jan 2011, 23:00
8 DubbyTheMule 14th Jan 2011, 16:00
9 Ruffus 14th Jan 2011, 16:00
10 Ifarmyourhidingplace? 16th Jan 2011, 22:00

This is where the boys start to show their worth.

Race to 50K
Rank Name Date achieved
1 GIXXER 27th Jan 2011, 2:00
2 Reverend Revelry 29th Jan 2011, 16:00
3 Temporary 2nd Feb 2011, 11:00
4 pangela 8th Feb 2011, 3:00
5 Abdo 10th Feb 2011, 2:00
6 Ruffus 10th Feb 2011, 2:00
7 Locutas of Borg 10th Feb 2011, 15:00
8 DubbyTheMule 12th Feb 2011, 1:00
9 Pogue Mahone 12th Feb 2011, 5:00
10 Rentokill 12th Feb 2011, 12:00

The first of the drops outs is clearly visable (nauz)

Race to 100K
Rank Name Date achieved
1 Reverend Revelry 15th Feb 2011, 22:00
2 pangela 16th Feb 2011, 12:00
3 GIXXER 18th Feb 2011, 12:00
4 Locutas of Borg 23rd Feb 2011, 20:00
5 TheNobleGrape 25th Feb 2011, 0:00
6 Rassilon 26th Feb 2011, 1:00
7 bladesmanstan 27th Feb 2011, 21:00
8 Pogue Mahone 28th Feb 2011, 20:00
9 Tolvic 1st Mar 2011, 21:00
10 cranness 4th Mar 2011, 1:00

were'd everyone go?

Stats don't lie. But its pretty evident that the majority of the top notch people play to around 50K, Temp only stuck around till then cause he was happy enough helping the "new recruits". Nauz gave up the ghost cause I slagged him so much for taking another (3rd/4th barb!!) (go on admit it Nauz its the only reason :D), Abdo wanted to quit at 5K but got bullied into dismantling a tribe on his tod ... hence his race to 50K in a way succeeded. Mat (XxSaintxX) who WAS the farming beast quit really early doors ... for this I have no idea why.

An important factor to note in all this is the race can be very dependant on your ODA score ... ie those that are too aggressive fall down the ranks, the same can be sorta said about the ODD score at that stage of the game but then you must remember that tribes can stack so technically you'll never know if its their points or not.

Hope this helps in clearing up a few factual points that seem to have been "misplaced"

DeletedUser8815

very impressive stats rev, not sure what point you are trying to make though.

I was never interested in any race. The race was set apparently as first to 100k, but when the big guns realised they could not catch gixxer they claimed boredom and quit.....same has happened in uk8 where again out of the top 10 from uk7 there is but me and you still going strong.

All I was interested in was building a sound base to take on into mid game, which can now be seen as effective.

DeletedUser8815

^ That was when you went on your crazy barb spree, im pretty sure you were rank 5 for most of my time on that world

LOL, you are funny mate, on the date in question i had a total of 3 vilages, hardly a spree!...at least not at that stage.