Debate: Nobling active player villages against Barb Nobling.

DeletedUser

you can't put me in as being a pro. Cause when UK7 started the so called "elite" where surprised at my presence near the top. Rightly so. It was only my third world. Heck I didn't even know about the additional spears and ressies for completing the tutorial at the start till about 3-4 days in!!!

I would highlight though that I think Gem and I turned a few heads in our accomplishment. Bearing in mind that all but for one 3 hour period (when someone stole the race to 10K ODA) we held (and still do!!) the top ODA point whore award!!

As for including Luca. I would, but he was on the Ade account at start up and so Luca by himself would have been good, but with Ade slowing him down ... well ... not really a pro achievement. But again I think that was only his third world, and so I he would not have been classed as "elite" anyways :p

Tbh Luca played with Ade for liek 2 days :D

But he was rank 1 on w6 and 8 :p

btw Temporary was Admiral Phoenix and Monthy Python (Cory)

I played at the end though :D
I co-played with Ade for about a week I believe, can't remember exactly but certainly nobody had hit 1k yet when I left. But the fact is I don't consider being on a world for a week should be classed as having played a world, in fact I don't consider myself to have played w7 as otherwise it could also say I played w5 because I helped CF out for a couple of days on his account. To be considered as having joined a world one should be on a world at least 2 months, maybe 1 month on a faster world, so on my records I've only played w3, w4, w6 and w8. Yeah...I don't really believe in the world hopping thing (not saying it's wrong) and joining worlds for 2/3 days, that's just the way I roll.

As for considering me elite, not fussed, just beware if you land close to me, you'll have a damn hard time co-existing next to me. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Does any of this really matter?

One thing that has always really irked me about the TW community is this obsession with being the first player to this, first player to that, etc etc etc. I have little interest in my own account being rank one, and I know neither of my co-players are that bothered about it either. The one that really matters to me is the rank of my tribe. Thats the one I strive to push to the top, and thats the one that makes me put the effort in. Im not interested in personal gain, but giving enjoyment and pride to those in my tribe really is important to me. This is Tribal Wars after all, and not Individual Player Wars!

Rant over, apologies if ive derailed the discussion at all.....

Sooner you push up the rankings the higher your tribe gets ranked - so slightly confusing comment that. A tribe is only the combined sum of its parts, so if its parts are striving for individual success whilst towing the tribal line and following the appropriate diplomacy, a tribe filled with people all attempting to achieve top rank will always be higher ranked than those that are filled with people who are focused solely on tribal progression.

DeletedUser5582

umm, LoB is there to be flamed. If he puts up his "I did this and this" achievement then yeah, he's going to get opinions on it. He might not like them.

As for you stating that the so called "elite" players have been shown to use bots. I take exception to this statement. Firstly the so called elite in no way or form could ever include Ade (I'm guessing this is who you talk of with regard to bots?). Secondly the so called "elite" has but a few members.

I would say they are:
Nauz
Abdo
Matt
The people on the Temporary account from the start.

The original Gixxer came across from .net to give them a go. And he undoubtably did very well. I would certainly include him in the so called "elite" apart from those ... who else should be included?

yep agree that if you post on the externals you will be flamed but sheesh flame a guy playing solo who holds his own with the uber (flicks hair) start up players who all co? Lets have a little perspective I think.

Ok on bots and the elite lol was certainly NOT thinking of Adellion merely that Adellion being caught and in same tribe as them find it hard no one knew and some being mods just think that A: It cast suspicion on all of them (rightly or wrongly but people will believe what makes their own inadequacies look better and B: Elite player I was thinking of was on different world entirely who again dominated the rankings. Note they're names not on your list yet not so long ago everyone was putting them in their list of great start up players?

Look your list of who is and who isn't elite is all well and fine but you flame someone who plays solo who has shown himself to be competitive with these guys. When he rose up the rankings is because the elite were quitting, when he tops the ranking is because world isn't competitive so is useless to. I just don't get your antipathy towards him?

DeletedUser6603

Sooner you push up the rankings the higher your tribe gets ranked - so slightly confusing comment that. A tribe is only the combined sum of its parts, so if its parts are striving for individual success whilst towing the tribal line and following the appropriate diplomacy, a tribe filled with people all attempting to achieve top rank will always be higher ranked than those that are filled with people who are focused solely on tribal progression.

Cant really disagree with that Timmy. I guess my view is shaped from the fact that ive only ever played TW whilst being a duke of a tribe, and never played without having others to consider before myself. I'm sure thats something you are very familiar with! Ive just never understood this mentality of join a world, get rank one at startup, and then quit once thats been achieved or not achieved. I do understand and appreciate that some people enjoy that and thats their choice, but to me its simply not what TW is about.

The thing that makes TW tick is the people that play it, not the rankings, or the awards, or the winning of wars. If TW sucks you in like it must have done to all the people posting on these forums, then it soon becomes about the people you are playing with, and to a lesser extent against. Ive met some amazing people because of TW who I would now class as very good friends, but if I had a choice between seeing them achieve instead of myself, I know what option I would choose every single time.

DeletedUser8815

yeah i love rev hehe and i don't deny that i wasn't pro huggles when asked about it in tutor, each to his own though :)

ps im sure him and gem are looking forward to having a proper fight - it's why they play the game after all :)

betcha when the fight does come to them they will lose a few vills and then quit, no fun losing

here you go, just like i said....

Village Points Old owner New owner Date/Time
Carmenere (430|478) K44 3,331 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] TheNobleGrape [-V-] 2011-03-31 15:03:23
017 (428|473) K44 2,565 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] jtw909 [-V-] 2011-03-31 12:27:49
Quasimodo (474|433) K44 10,019 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] Lycantha [-V-] 2011-03-31 09:37:54
016 (428|472) K44 9,804 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] jtw909 [-V-] 2011-03-31 07:06:10
015 (427|470) K44 9,763 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] jtw909 [-V-] 2011-03-29 12:42:36
Mine (460|456) K44 9,763 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] gabrielleaf [-V-] 2011-03-29 08:06:22
Eddie (474|436) K44 9,763 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] Lycantha [-V-] 2011-03-29 03:59:55
Buttered Popcorn (475|433) K44 8,589 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] thickrash [-V-] 2011-03-29 01:12:09
0015 =WIP= (469|447) K44 10,019 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] l3mst3r [-V-] 2011-03-29 01:07:54
017 midland (464|455) K44 6,372 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] chosen 1 [-V-] 2011-03-29 00:56:42
009 (472|429) K44 10,019 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] --DIE-- [-V-] 2011-03-29 00:56:17
Penwortham (464|459) K44 7,793 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] scoobystira [-V-] 2011-03-29 00:55:02
The Sphinx Plucker (465|434) K44 9,382 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] Samuel Vimes [-V-] 2011-03-29 00:55:02
Ugni Blanc (429|474) K44 10,019 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] TheNobleGrape [-V-] 2011-03-29 00:55:00
Saddleback (481|433) K44 9,773 Reverend Revelry [=WIP=] thickrash [-V-] 2011-03-29 00:19:39

great fun getting owned.....

[19:41:04] GEM armourer: I've binned the game too, I'm having summer away from computers, going fishing, a bit of anarchy and lotsof relaxing in the garden with large quantities of beer :cool:

whereas I am still going strong and having grreat fun :)

DeletedUser

Cant really disagree with that Timmy. I guess my view is shaped from the fact that ive only ever played TW whilst being a duke of a tribe, and never played without having others to consider before myself. I'm sure thats something you are very familiar with! Ive just never understood this mentality of join a world, get rank one at startup, and then quit once thats been achieved or not achieved. I do understand and appreciate that some people enjoy that and thats their choice, but to me its simply not what TW is about.

The thing that makes TW tick is the people that play it, not the rankings, or the awards, or the winning of wars. If TW sucks you in like it must have done to all the people posting on these forums, then it soon becomes about the people you are playing with, and to a lesser extent against. Ive met some amazing people because of TW who I would now class as very good friends, but if I had a choice between seeing them achieve instead of myself, I know what option I would choose every single time.

The thing is, you have different genres of games being produced on a daily basis in the mainstream and what TW has managed to do is merge more than one genre into a game. If your an rpg player your looking at your rankings on a daily basis I imagine, whilst if your into sim city your no doubt looking at your buildings overview more than I would :) People on all worlds have different mentalities but to push forwards as a group, for a rank or achievement, can give players a feeling of being successful. You can't duke tribes based on individual players, you can only think about groups and areas. You can however be a player in a group and be an individual so its more about merging the two in my mind i suppose..

Timmy