Dilemma.....

DeletedUser

Erm, well I kinda need some advice? I dunno maybe just to see what others think of the situation am in atm.

I have this friend, who's a girl. She came out of a long term relationship around Christmas time, and we got chatting became quite close these past few months. I love her to bits, not in a sexual or attraction kind of way, but like proper m8s. She has two kids, one at 8 and the other 1 and a half, great kids both of them love being there n having a carry on with them. Spending time with all of them is great, but the dad of the younger one(unfortunately the dad of the older one died a few year ago) has recently began causing problems, he's been lying to her saying he hadn't moved on or slept with any other girls since they split which turned out not to be true as in January he started sleeping with some girl telling her he loved her.

Anyway the girl am friends with doesn't want her kid to have overnights with him for the time being because she'll be waking up in the morning with her dad in bed with some other girl, which I can totally see her point on it could get confusing for her at that age, she just doesn't want it to happen until he knows for sure that it's a girl he really wants to make a go of it with. Past few days though, he's been telling her that she isn't to see me anymore or he'll go to his lawyer and try and get me some sort of crap that won't allow me to see his daughter. I'm not stupid he'd prob get laughed at tbh, but then i don't want the girl am friends with to have to be dragged through courts because of it, they settled access out of court so it wouldn't come to that.

I mean the guys the aggressive type, and quite a big guy, not that am scared of him ad happily go head to head with him over it, but she doesn't want me to. And due to his past aggressive history he may get access to his kid took away( including access with his other kid with another women). I'd never want a kid to miss out on time with any of their family no matter what they've done or are doing, I kinda know how it feels as I was brought up in care from the age of 7.

He just can't get it into his thick head that were only friends, and nothing is ever going to happen between us, it's like he thinks it was ok for him to be sleeping with some girl when he had his kid staying over but yet he doesn't want me to be around his kid when were only m8s :s I'd rather not cause the girl more aggro over it, he's been constantly pestering her lately about it and I have thought I should just walk away and thats problem solved. I mean he see's her 2 hours 2 days a week and then another 10 hours at weekend so he has plenty other time to go out and socialize but the girl hasn't cos she has the kids the rest of the time. It gets her really upset, and I hate seeing her like that, knowing that at the end of the day it is my fault :/

So long story short, I need opinions...Do i walk away from one of the best friendships I've ever had, or do I stick with it and cause potentially more arguments between them ...................

DeletedUser

Your friend needs to go to a solicitor ASAP
And I wouldn't drop your friendship with her just because of threats from the caveman!

DeletedUser

Punch him in the throat. If he stops breathing you hit hard enough.

DeletedUser

Nah he moved in with some other girl on the other side of Glasgow, so problem solved.