Disappointed

• Thread starter DeletedUser6603
  • Start date

DeletedUser

All i can say is it a great PnP with the time you did it in .
I would love to see another one with more time put in, i'm sure you would be up there with they best of them .

DeletedUser8768

May God have mercy on your souls

Or no need to?
:icon_wink:

Side 1:
Tribes: KnK
Side 2:
Tribes: HT

Timeframe: 09/07/2011 12:45:35 to 14/07/2011 22:21:03

Total conquers:

Side 1: 257
Side 2: 111
Difference: 146

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 51
Side 2: 0
Difference: 51

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 2,071,527
Side 2: 526,335
Difference: 1,545,192

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 434,637
Side 2: 0
Difference: 434,637

chart

DeletedUser

Ouch, be careful what you wish for, HT, as it seems God has certainly favoured KnK.

DeletedUser6603

Nope, theres no religion or luck involved, just pure hard work from a tribe full of people who understand that there is no I in team!

DeletedUser3642

Just some barb nobling stats..........

KnK have a barb munching percentage of..... 15.51%
HT have a barb munching percentage of..... 70.03% (ouch!!! :icon_eek:)
WINNER have a barb munching percentage of..... 52.47%

I wonder where the barb munchers are........

Its the classic fail technique of "lets noble lots of barbs to build lots of troops" or even... "lets noble lots of barbs just behind our front lines"....

end up shooting yourself in the foot in so many ways which I'm not going to go into details on here...

DeletedUser9540

We, as a tribe, are attempting to cut down on barb nobling. we wish to push our members to the KnK front to give them the challenge they want. HT may explain themselves, because i happen to know why it is so high, but our council did not want to go the same path.

DeletedUser6603

I do enjoy it when I see a comment made without any effort to check the facts. Thanks for that Grapple! You are absolutely right, we have barb munched our way to the top, and havent defeated any other tribes, apart from Cobra, Necros, O~O, -V-, they all fell apart because of our barb munching ways.....

DeletedUser

you cant really criticise knk that much,

please show me one tribe on w7, that havent nobled barbs(i guess O.O is high)

DeletedUser

I do enjoy it when I see a comment made without any effort to check the facts. Thanks for that Grapple! You are absolutely right, we have barb munched our way to the top, and havent defeated any other tribes, apart from Cobra, Necros, O~O, -V-, they all fell apart because of our barb munching ways.....

I can only speak from my own experience and if you like I could point you to certain areas of the map where KnK players have not only taken some of the barbs, they have taken ...ALL... of the barbs.

I'll repeat that ...ALL... of the barbs.

Presonally I think there is a lot of hypocracy around barb nobling on TW. If done in the right way it can be a good tactic depending a players circumstances. And I'll admit KnK have barb nobled in a positive direction.

DeletedUser6603

I wouldnt disagree with you. There are plenty of times when barb nobling is the right option. Not when you have a tribe far bigger than you working its way through your territory though.....

As for the amount of barbs KnK have taken, the stats Mike posted above speak for themselves ;-)

DeletedUser

The barb stats might show bad for us (Winner) cos we started on the rim. We have a strict policy on barbs but if anyone wants to barb munch into enemy territory then be our guest.

DeletedUser3642

I can only speak from my own experience and if you like I could point you to certain areas of the map where KnK players have not only taken some of the barbs, they have taken ...ALL... of the barbs.

I'll repeat that ...ALL... of the barbs.

Look at the area you're talking about - admittedly a nice sea of KnK villages as far as the eye can see, no barbs in sight - or at least, barely any.

Now - check the history of those villages on TW Stats

I can guarantee you that the vast majority of these areas in question will have been nobled by accounts either before being killed off by KnK, or by accounts which have subsequently joined KnK as they've proven themselves

For some reason - people have the misconception, that nobling barbs will help them grow stronger... whereas infact, nobling barbs slows you down significantly.
Why take a 3k barb, when you can take a 9k built village for comparably little cost? and in the process you increase the village number gap between you and the enemy by 2 villages. (you gain one, they lose one).

There are exceptional reasons for taking barbs - sometimes it is strategicly sound to do so. Perhaps someone should mention this to HT who are currently grabbing barbs on the rim. I've never seen a more pointless strategy!!... so they get rimmed and don't need to restart... wow, they have 1 village :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Look at the area you're talking about - admittedly a nice sea of KnK villages as far as the eye can see, no barbs in sight - or at least, barely any.

Now - check the history of those villages on TW Stats

I can guarantee you that the vast majority of these areas in question will have been nobled by accounts either before being killed off by KnK, or by accounts which have subsequently joined KnK as they've proven themselves

For some reason - people have the misconception, that nobling barbs will help them grow stronger... whereas infact, nobling barbs slows you down significantly.
Why take a 3k barb, when you can take a 9k built village for comparably little cost? and in the process you increase the village number gap between you and the enemy by 2 villages. (you gain one, they lose one).

There are exceptional reasons for taking barbs - sometimes it is strategicly sound to do so. Perhaps someone should mention this to HT who are currently grabbing barbs on the rim. I've never seen a more pointless strategy!!... so they get rimmed and don't need to restart... wow, they have 1 village :icon_biggrin:

Im tired, I have had a few smokes, im still hungover from yesterday, so may just be talking rubbish..... However I have been thinking about this a bit..... with the current vills ratio that KnK control its about troops, Im next to Reshlock for instance,,,,, I could take a vill or two no probs, but then I have lost a few Nukes and he still has massive troop resources..... My point is this.... Munched barbs create a much faster rate of troop supply.... I dont even build smithy past ten in my barbs, its just for Nuke creation. Think its probably a sound tactic in high barb growth worlds if its needed.... Now a world where barb growth is limited to say 75 would be a completely different ball game :)

EDIT: Just noticed that someone else has kind of made this point, told you im not with it!!! But its a good point so will leave the post here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I consider PnP's a waste of time and they're not needed. Go play some Cricket or w/e ya brits do for fun lol :p
Maybe you could change my opinion my explaining me why you do it? I get the RP part of it but still....meh

just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser6603

Entertainment value, to get a debate going, to set a story straight, that sorta thing. I think it adds a bit of variety to the game. TW is all about the community after all!

DeletedUser

Entertainment value, to get a debate going, to set a story straight, that sorta thing. I think it adds a bit of variety to the game. TW is all about the community after all!

yah but dat is no reason to start a whole thread about how disappointed you are on their PnP. They're not forced to do a proper one. Everyone enjoys their own game.
Nice point though!

DeletedUser6603

I know they don't have to, but ive always believed if you are going to do something you do it properly. To me its all part and parcel of running a tribe. I was also disappointed because their excuse for a declaration robbed the likes of Reshlock and Tolvic of the opportunity to come up with another great PnP for the community to enjoy.

On a side note, 85-2 in our favour since HT declared ;-)