Disappointing

DeletedUser

I received a mail from a relatively inexperienced player who is also pretty inactive pasting the attack he had incoming to his village:

yxfUfVu.png

I'll skip the boring parts, i told him it was most likely a train and what was best to do etc...

After that he forwarded me the mail between him and Pipsdad (the attacker) advised this player to move all his troops out of his village to hide his troop count...

xFuarmy.png

Now i don't know if it's just me but this coming from a so called experienced player is just foul play. TW are already having problems with experienced players smashing new ones and so not many new players are staying to play the game; and now we have people basically telling new players to move their troops out so they get a clean noble?

Well i took the guy's sit and cancel sniped his train because i thought it was foul play (and also we are at war with them :p )

uHL66Xg.png
etc...

Am i over reacting lol?

DeletedUser4280

This kind of thing has happened for years, along with acquiring duke privs to disband tribes and offering enemies acc sit during war to block them for 24 hours.

All sneaky plays along with spies n what not.

I suppose theirs 2 schools of thought.

1. Not fair or proper, the people who have this opinion usually disagree with using spies and "fighting the fair fight"

2. Everyone learns the hard way, once you have been victim to these ploys you will be wise to them and improve as a player.

Personally i swing towards 2, I consider myself loyal and wouldn't deceive say a tribe or a diplomatic agreement, but on a player basis exploiting gullibility is kosher imo, I mean how far do we go, sending a fake is deceitful and would definitely have a noob panicking.

On this particular situation i find it suspicious that the "weak player" in question knows about sniping but has no grasp on timing. Surely one would have to learn how to identify attacks to be able to deal with them?

Either way i personally wont be flaming pipsdad, every tw player worth their salt have dabbled in the sneaky/naughty side of the game.

DeletedUser

Well he knew about sniping because i told him that would be his only way to survive

I do see what you are saying but this will never encourage new players to stick out this game - they will just think f this and play a different one haha

DeletedUser4280

I agree on the whole trying to make tw more playable.

I prefer to accept that certain sneaky ploys will always exist and on the side do my own things to promote new players participation, mentoring teaching etc, and whilst i am fine with pipsdad's actions id also be partial to your own actions of helping new guys beat their adversaries by popping on to snipe.

DeletedUser13734

I dont condone that sort of play personally, but the vast majority of the TW population do unfortunately - it's just the way it is.

I've had people try that sort of thing with me several times.

DeletedUser

2. Everyone learns the hard way, once you have been victim to these ploys you will be wise to them and improve as a player.

Or, you use these tricks against others in the future :D

And Pipsdad probably guessed/assumed that Facesplitter is newish to the game, so he probably took his chances and decided to play the trick. I'd probably do the same tbh :D

DeletedUser

I guess if he was honest or at least said he wouldn't help, he would have that village right now :p

DeletedUser3473

I guess if he was honest or at least said he wouldn't help, he would have that village right now :p

Maybe and maybe not. So it was sneaky, it certainly wasn't cheating; I've always played the game through talking not just fighting. I might say sneaky was taking the sit and executing the snipe, but hey you were gifted an opportunity and you took it.

Im not a 'good' player, not even that experienced in terms of hours played but the game isn't exactly hard and talking/diplomacy are generally the only way to get an edge. (Oh and pp but that's another thread).

yes, I guessed Facesplitter wasn't that experienced and I knew he was nowhere near as active as me, but I saw an opportunity and gave it a punt, why not save my nuke for the next guy if I could?

what surprised me about this evening's so events was I wasn't back timed, I guess I have you to thank for that 360.

Oh and thanks for posting his troops.

DeletedUser12733

Well I don't condone spies but I think this play is fine :). Psychological warfare is still war. Whether he lied or not (I don't agree with lying) its not like he did anything wrong like cheated/ invited the guy to get a free villa. He tried his hardest to maximise the use of his nobles and nuke :). Having said that... Pip you are still on my list... just checked today but you are 22 hours out from nobles :( Soon :)

DeletedUser

I did have a back time setup but changed my mind; 50% morale with no Rams or LC because they were farming at 5 hours distance, just wasn't worth it :-/

DeletedUser13687

sneaky people are everywhere, get used to it lol, its all part of the game now, all the lies, all the cons, the spies and the deception.

tribalwars wouldnt be what it is now if it want for them things.... :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser13734

sneaky people are everywhere, get used to it lol, its all part of the game now, all the lies, all the cons, the spies and the deception.

tribalwars wouldnt be what it is now if it want for them things.... :icon_twisted:

A game which is slowly dying, Yes Ani.

DeletedUser12733

TW without the politics would be a little bit boring, but still morals can still make a man :). I have kept certain morals through the game which has increased my skill and my friends by 10 fold. I wouldn't of done what Pip did but, he isn't me :)

DeletedUser3473

I wouldn't of done what Pip did
You wouldn't? Ah well, you won't believe me when I say it wasn't premeditated, it just came to me, you know, lil' red guy on the shoulder, even as I was typing I was pmsl. I didn't honestly expect him to fall for it and he didn't. He was actually quite smart asking for 360's help, fair play.

Last edited by a moderator: