Round 1

Start: Friday, 27/08/10 17:00
End: Sunday, 29/08/10 17:00

Description:
30 minutes beginner protection.
Paladin active (no items).
Archers on.
Simple tech smithy.
Units outside villages cannot be scouted.
Fake limit active. Minimum attack force is 1 per cent of village points.
Barbs and advanced bonus villages grow to 1500 points.
Coin academy.
20-member tribe limit. No leaving tribe. No outside support.
Ability to choose starting direction.
Caution: Noblemen travel a maximum distance of 50 fields.
Player limit: 100 (This means first 100 get in free, then you have to have premium)
Requirements for victory: Nil
Speed: 200
Unit speed: 1
Sleep mode: Yes
Account sitting: No
Morale: No
Building queue: Yes

Prizes for winners of the first round
400 Premium Points for Winner
200 Premium Points Second Place
100 Premium Points Third
60 Premium Points for each member of the Winning Tribe

These settings look pretty good for me. I personally will not participate in this due to holidays, and my preference is the 5 hour bash :p. 1 question for Tracey though are the speed rounds going to be as frequent as .net

DeletedUser

Some of the settings are to my liking, some aren't. I don't like things like Archers and Paladin etc.

DeletedUser7966

No morale for the 1st round isn't ideal, despite me hating morale. If its easy to bully smaller players many people will be frustrated after their 1st round and quit. Was hoping for a much slower round, as 200 won't produce anything special, which is a shame. The other settings are meh, and I doubt there will be enough players for the max noble distance to affect anyone.

DeletedUser4

[..] 1 question for Tracey though are the speed rounds going to be as frequent as .net

[tt]That is still up for debate as to frequency, but we are thinking of going down the route of a couple of days ish! between rounds [/tt]

DeletedUser

[tt]That is still up for debate as to frequency, but we are thinking of going down the route of a couple of days ish! between rounds [/tt]

And what if you have 5 hour bash rounds like everyone wants?
Will having those make it more frequent or will it just be the same?

DeletedUser7325

Settings are kewel, speed is bit on a high side for the first round. Pally without weapons and archers are dislikes. Rest looks good, should be fun!

DeletedUser4

Will having those make it more frequent or will it just be the same?

[tt]Thats why I said its still up for debate a lot will depend on the up coming rounds etc [/tt]

DeletedUser7966

[tt]Thats why I said its still up for debate a lot will depend on the up coming rounds etc [/tt]

Don't flood the gaps between decent rounds with tons of mediocre rounds like .net. It tends to bore people and drive them away.

That being said, a few days between rounds is a bit long imo, I reckon a ~6 hour gap between rounds makes it slow enough that people can play consecutive rounds without getting bored or annoyed that if they want to play 2 they don't get a break.

EDIT: Since this is a uk server, am I right in assuming the start times will always suit Uk time?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7217

Don't flood the gaps between decent rounds with tons of mediocre rounds like .net. It tends to bore people and drive them away.

That being said, a few days between rounds is a bit long imo, I reckon a ~6 hour gap between rounds makes it slow enough that people can play consecutive rounds without getting bored or annoyed that if they want to play 2 they don't get a break.

EDIT: Since this is a uk server, am I right in assuming the start times will always suit Uk time?

I completely agree to this post, imo the gaps should be no more (and I mean no more) then 24 hours, with the average of 6-12 hours

DeletedUser

Do you still join a tribe in the normal way?

DeletedUser7966

Do you still join a tribe in the normal way?

Yes, joining/making a tribe works as normal, but once made, it cannot be disbanded, nor can any players leave.
(I'm also assuming its the same tribelock option as .de and .net, wherein you cannot attack tribemates either (attacks can be sent, but just visit, similar to sleep mode attacks.)

Nauzhror

Reaction score

Everyone wants?

You want. != Everyone Wants.

Personally I'm far more interested in the "slow" rounds. ie. The rounds that are speeds that are slower than the other rounds, but still much faster than a normal world (in the range of speed 20 - speed 50).

Hmm..
Are prizes going to be in every round? o:

Highly doubt it.

DeletedUser7966

Personally I'm far more interested in the "slow" rounds. ie. The rounds that are speeds that are slower than the other rounds, but still much faster than a normal world (in the range of speed 20 - speed 50).

Same, although I prefer anything up to and including 150.

DeletedUser

I am no speed player but this looks fun also :p just messing around 2 days ^^

DeletedUser360

2 days is about the maximum I would play any longer and I'd fail to see the point in not doing anything.

DeletedUser

Uhhhhhh, not the best settings for me personally but will probably be coerced into playing for a bit

Side note; shouldn't there be a stickied discussion thread to discuss the new rounds instead of one round per thread?

DeletedUser

How I wish I could go on time will not give:icon_cry: ... I'm good at playing speed:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

wtf is all this speed thing about lol i have no idear please help me some1 please

DeletedUser1508

It is like a normal world, just many times faster, hence the 'speed'.