[Discussion] Settings Round 2

DeletedUser7966

But you can't say my opinion about the world being fun for ME is wrong as you don't know my psychology.

But we can say that it is not a valid idea for a round as it is purely luck based and pointless.

DeletedUser

Definition of an opinion-
"a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty."

People believed that the Earth was flat. They couldn't prove it. So it was their opinion that the world was flat, which we know as incorrect.

you misinterpreted your definition, people never had an opinion that the world was flat that sounds stupid like saying people had a chocolate donut that the world was flat, it means something more like "i believe that chocolate donuts are horrible" which is an opinion

DeletedUser

So what you are saying is that nobody, not even the people who believed that the world is flat, have the opinion that the world is flat? I know some people where forced into believing that the world is flat, but obviously somebody at some point had the opinion that this was the truth. Also your analogy doesn't really clear it up for me either...In it you state that somebody's opinion is also their belief (chocolate donuts are horrible {which is outrageous!}).

But you can't say my opinion about the world being fun for ME is wrong as you don't know my psychology.

I'm not "dis"ing your opinion on this speed world at all. I'm just disputing your statement about opinions not being able to be incorrect.

DeletedUser

So what you are saying is that nobody, not even the people who believed that the world is flat, have the opinion that the world is flat? I know some people where forced into believing that the world is flat, but obviously somebody at some point had the opinion that this was the truth. Also your analogy doesn't really clear it up for me either...In it you state that somebody's opinion is also their belief (chocolate donuts are horrible {which is outrageous!}).

I'm not "dis"ing your opinion on this speed world at all. I'm just disputing your statement about opinions not being able to be incorrect.

You can't be forced to believe something, you can be forced to say you believe something but nothing i ever do to you by force will change your belief, an opinion is what you think of something but cannot be proven correct OR incorrect. like you think chocolate donuts are nice but you cannot prove they are nice but nor can i prove that they are not nice, it is a matter of opinion.

PS. My opinion is that the settings are horrible (which cannot be proven or disprove)
PPS. i like chocolate donuts really, just winding you up

DeletedUser7966

You can't be forced to believe something, you can be forced to say you believe something but nothing i ever do to you by force will change your belief, an opinion is what you think of something but cannot be proven correct OR incorrect. like you think chocolate donuts are nice but you cannot prove they are nice but nor can i prove that they are not nice, it is a matter of opinion.

PS. My opinion is that the settings are horrible (which cannot be proven or disprove)
PPS. i like chocolate donuts really, just winding you up

Which all has no relevance on the fact that the settings he suggested would not work, and he derailed a the topic because he was too ignorant to see the difference between people telling him the round wouldn't work, and them telling him he wouldn't have fun.

DeletedUser5377

When it comes to opinions, you can please all of the people none of the time and some of the people once in a while, but no matter what you say someone or other will get annoyed, particularly when it comes to internet forums because of the number of people that can read your opinon.

Even an ignorant person is allowed an opinion, even if it not shared by anyone else.

DeletedUser

When it comes to opinions, you can please all of the people none of the time and some of the people once in a while, but no matter what you say someone or other will get annoyed, particularly when it comes to internet forums because of the number of people that can read your opinon.

Even an ignorant person is allowed an opinion, even if it not shared by anyone else.

Thanks but I'm not being ignorant :icon_rolleyes:
I listened to what they said and yes, it would just be too fast and you'd get nobled before you can do anything about it but I wanted to just do this for start-up. I now realise how dull and depressing it would be and one barb-nobling turtle would zoom ahead in the ranking because he has no O.

(I would have liked to have seen how it goes but ahh well, I'm not gonna stir up an argument.

DeletedUser5377

Thanks but I'm not being ignorant :icon_rolleyes:

Lol - I wasn't refering to you, I didn't mean to imply that you were ignorant. I was actually trying to agree with you that an opinion can't be wrong. :)

DeletedUser

tl;dr but Troop Speed 800 is too much.

Also, is this round over yet?

DeletedUser

tl;dr but Troop Speed 800 is too much.

Also, is this round over yet?

No and the rank 1 spot could change to be honest. It's still all for all.

SBD have dominated the map. BY MASS-RECRUITING!!!! They have maybe 2 good players in nunners and SirSzym but the rest are terrible.
I think we are all waiting on the actions of ranks 3 and 4, sweetdeath20 and Crackas. These two could change the playing field by a lot. They are both highly ranked and could easily take out rank 2 and 5 and help Vendetta claim rank 1 or they could join the mass-recruiters (BOO!) and take down the best player on the server.

What I'm waiting for is Miggy :icon_biggrin: That should make it more exciting :lol: