Earning Paladin Weapons

DeletedUser

Progress to a new weapon:

a) goes up only if the Paladin is in the battle
b) goes up whether the Paladin is there or not
or
c) goes up if he is not in the battle, but goes up EVEN MORE if he is in the battle

I have not heard what I felt was a definitive answer to this one.

Evidence welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If your pally is not in a battle then your progress just goes up by 3% a day however if its a) it could be more ;D

DeletedUser

im 99.99% sure its "B"

your pally does not need to be in an attack... the weapon percentage goes up by the OD that you gain

the more troops you kill in the attack the closer to the next pally weapon you get

(this is the same for when you defend...the pally doesnt need to help defend for the pally weapon percentage to rise)

DeletedUser

im 99.99% sure its "B"

your pally does not need to be in an attack... the weapon percentage goes up by the OD that you gain

the more troops you kill in the attack the closer to the next pally weapon you get

(this is the same for when you defend...the pally doesnt need to help defend for the pally weapon percentage to rise)

This I believe. I thought it was A., but I've noticed it goes up with OD without my pally being around.

DeletedUser

When I was nub, I swear I read something about it being A. I am obviosly WRONG.

DeletedUser

The reason B is the answer is that you gain weapon % whenever you earn ODA, and you dont have to have your paladin in the attack to earn ODA. Its that simple.

DeletedUser

Is the right answer!... now, u can take the speedboat and the microwave oven... or.... you can trade it all for whats in this box....

DeletedUser

Its both A and B I think. The Pally earns 3% every day and another 1% every battle its in. Thats whatI've heard. I'll have to look it up though.

DeletedUser

Its both A and B I think. The Pally earns 3% every day and another 1% every battle its in. Thats whatI've heard. I'll have to look it up though.

That 1% thing youve heard about is nonsense. You earn 3% per day and extra % when you get ODA, wether your paladin is in the attack or not.

DeletedUser

Progress to a new weapon:

a) goes up only if the Paladin is in the battle
b) goes up whether the Paladin is there or not
or
c) goes up if he is not in the battle, but goes up EVEN MORE if he is in the battle

I have not heard what I felt was a definitive answer to this one.

Evidence welcome!

Phone a Friend. :3

Nah, I'm joking.

Mostly A) since killing/defending against troops and getting OD increases the percentage of searching for a weapon.
Also partially B) as it goes up 3% everyday BUT doesn't go up if you kill/defend against troops but your paladin doesn't participate.
C) same as B) basically.

DeletedUser

Phone a Friend. :3

Nah, I'm joking.

Mostly A) since killing/defending against troops and getting OD increases the percentage of searching for a weapon.
Also partially B) as it goes up 3% everyday BUT doesn't go up if you kill/defend against troops but your paladin doesn't participate.
C) same as B) basically.

What are you talking about? Did you even read the other replies? Defending against troops doesnt earn weapon %: killing troops when you attack gains weapon %. It is ODA that is important here, not ODD. Your paladin does not have to be in the attack for you to gain weapon % from any ODA earned.

DeletedUser

What are you talking about? Did you even read the other replies? Defending against troops doesnt earn weapon %: killing troops when you attack gains weapon %. It is ODA that is important here, not ODD. Your paladin does not have to be in the attack for you to gain weapon % from any ODA earned.

Ah well, I was just sticking the idea that ODA increases search so ODD might've, but since it's been proven not to there's no point going on :icon_rolleyes:

My bad. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Thank you hugely to everyone who responded. I am taking away "B" as the correct answer.

DeletedUser920

I don't know enough about how this game works to contradict anyone else, but the above is not QUITE how the help menu describes it.

That doesn't mean the gameplay isn't exactly the way the game designer desribed it, but what it says is:

The paladin always collect experience, however, it will collect experience much faster when you send it out to attack and fight against defended villages.

ODA would be an easy way for TW to measure this, but it SAYS that the Paladin has to be involved.

What I wondered about was something that I read when I was checking this:

As soon as you've constructed multiple statues you can move your paladin between the villages.

What does this mean ? I tried sending my Paladin to a second village to see if he could move support more quickly elsewhere, but only had the option of sending him back to my first village.

Or does it just mean that when/if he dies I could choose which village to respawn him in (ie a defensive village) ?

DeletedUser

ODA would be an easy way for TW to measure this, but it SAYS that the Paladin has to be involved.

The help pages are simply wrong (it's not the first time): you don't have to send your paladin in an attack to gain weapon %. Try this experiment: send an attack out to clear a fairly well defended village that will give you a large chunk of ODA. Make a note of the weapon % in your statue before the attack hits, and then a day or so later (to give it time to update). You should see a jump in your % even though your paladin wasnt involved.

What does this mean ? I tried sending my Paladin to a second village to see if he could move support more quickly elsewhere, but only had the option of sending him back to my first village.

Or does it just mean that when/if he dies I could choose which village to respawn him in (ie a defensive village) ?

It means you can base your paladin in another village, so he can be commanded to attack/defend from there. Go into your statue in the village in which your paladin currently resides, and you can transfer him from there. You can't transfer him simply by sending him as support via the rally point.

DeletedUser920

Thanks - I've found that now. I didn't realise that he would move so slowly, though, and there's no 'cancel' option, so be careful using it. :-(