Error??

• Thread starter DeletedUser6960
  • Start date

DeletedUser3642

2011-10-01 08:35:10
Hello melet,

Every once in a while, a server of the game goes down for a little while; it's only natural that it would, with so many people logging in and using the server.

Please wait a little while, and I'm sure the server will be back up in no time.

Best Regards,

DeletedUser6603

And in the meantime an entire tribe loses a weeks worth of hard work.

Just one point to make, theres only 750 players on W7.....

DeletedUser3642

I'm not happy paying 400pp a month to have it all wasted like this... perhaps we should all coplay one big account so theres only one lot of pp being paid lol

DeletedUser10215

p***ed orf

truely peed now thats 7 nukes and 2 trains missed delete button for me

DeletedUser6960

Every once in a while, a server of the game goes down for a little while; it's only natural that it would, with so many people logging in and using the server.

Convieniently the weekend we have our biggest op!,

DeletedUser

down for a while?

i have been trying to get for about from about 6ish,

DeletedUser

considering how long w7 has been around, we are still getting the same problems time and time again, if anything it should be w10 that is down as it the newest world.

DeletedUser

Interesting points being put in to the pot!!!!
My pp is due for renewal maybe I wont bother and use a free weeks worth I have and then see how it all pans out...

DeletedUser3642

I'm thinking the same... a weeks work wasted... its a joke. It's not just about pp, people are spending hours of their time on this which can never be recovered.
Some people even taking days off work ...

DeletedUser3642

mod response:
I appreciate that , I'm sorry for the ininvenience caused. Hopefully we will have more information and explaination to give you shortly .

Best Regards

DeletedUser4

[tt]When i have some information i will let you know, im sorry sods law hit this morning as I never turn my computer off so check it if i wake up during the night but I was so tired last night I turned it off :S [/tt]

DeletedUser

i just hope its up, when my nobles land, as my troops wont have any faith, at least it injected a little life into w7s fourm

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6960

Everyone blame Tracy, she turned her computer off!! :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Hello melet,

Please wait a little while, and I'm sure the server will be back up in no time.

Best Regards,

Oh! This makes it all okay then. :icon_rolleyes:

Tribal Wars is not just a game, but a service, if a service does not function it is effectively vomiting on its frequenters. I didn't think it was a big deal until I saw that - they seem to believe that it's acceptable. Well, it's not.

DeletedUser4

[tt]
Problems for worlds: br1 hu7 pt12 uk7 sv14 cs20 and market: HU
Hi everyone,
the problems still exist, we have a broken raid array on one machine. One of us is in the datacentre right a now. we hope to fix the prpoblem soon. an exact estimation how long this will take cant be given. sorry.
regards

You now know what i know[/tt]

DeletedUser3642

thanks Tracey

can you kindly suggest to the IT boffins that they should invest in cloud technology so that these issues never occur again? - ie, a world doesn't run on a single server or pair of servers, instead it runs in a cloud consisting of the storage and processing power of lots of servers in various locations. Worst case scenario if a server goes down then... the load on the other servers increases slightly...

these sort of issues have arisen a few times over the last few months, and i'm sure you along with everyone else could do without that sort of headache!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Mikek, you are right. But there can still be problems with this technology. What if I am connected to server 3, you are connected to server 5. You have sent attacks at me and I have my back-timing sorted out and ready. Only server decides to have a go slow moment just at the wrong time.

It isn't good that they don't have the resilience in place for this sort of problem not to happen, but it is a fact of life that it will happen and it will happen again.

Tracey, did the server times all stop - i have a return attack which is still 34mins out, it is 1h18 each way so my sitter would have sent it 2hrs ago but I have been trying to login since 7:30am and only just got in.

Well done getting it sorted, but no bonus for you IT guys this month.