Evolution of UK28

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
As it is always nice to see how a world grew and changed, I've been saving Alex02dsa's self-updating maps and made a GIF out of them for the 4 most prominent map types. Credit for all the individual maps goes to Alex.
Enjoy the growth of this world.

toptribes.gif
topplayers.gif
topktribes.gif
topkplayers.gif

These maps will be updated when I collected enough extra images to make a clear difference this will probably be in another month.
I will not be using maps other than what Alex offers.
Start date is 2016-08-19.

Images not showing? Check this thread first or let us know.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3371

That is very nice mate ... and always good to see somebody going that extra mile.

I was just wondering would it be possible to slow them down a bit for the first few months until you build up the number of maps used?

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Looking into a way of doing it. But I generate 676 gifs at the same time so working on individual level is a bit taxing

DeletedUser14288

This world is a bit stopped isn't it? No good wars, no dirty talking in here.

DeletedUser14293

You no good dirty rat! It is you who is stopped up hehehehe if I could I would war you!

DeletedUser14293

Are there any wars going on? Any tribes actually fighting each other?

It would be nice to see some evidence of any thrashings being dished out/received. Someone somewhere must want the world to see his/her master pieces o_O

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
The gifs have been updated. The publicly broadcasted ones are now only 5 frames per second, the first and last frames show for a longer amount of time.

Want to see a slower or faster version, go here and find the one you are looking for.
The slow one has 2 frames per second.
The fast version has 10 frames per second.

DeletedUser14329

How often do these get updated? Was about to moan to say that after peering at them often to see myself not appear has been a little disappointing.

But instead thanks! :p

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
The gifs are locally updated every two weeks. We're still working on automatically updating them on the site as well, but there's been an issue wherein some GIF get replaced while others are not.

The two weeks update can still be used as an indicator though, I didn't feel daily updates of those would be desirable due to the little change it'd show (also because we use the server for other calculations during the week).