Explaination of the FIFO rule

DeletedUser

Because I know I didn't get it at first.
(This might be worthy of a sticky)

UK5 has no milliseconds. This is an interesting new setting which changes the skillset needed for TW.

To fully understand it. You might want to what AttackIDs are.

Read that? Good.

All attacks that land on the same second, will land together, with no way of seperating them
The order relies solely on the AttackID.

Returns however, return before attacks land, regardless of AttackID
This is not true for cancelled commands.

I'll post examples.

You see a noble train coming at you, all in one second. You send support to snipe it.
Your support will land after.

You see two nobles headed at you. You time support now. Your opponent then sends two more nobles, and times them to still hit on the same second
Your support lands and snipes the train.

An attack comes in. You dodge it, and cancel your attack so the troops return on the same second after the attack hits, and backtime.
Your cancelled command had a later ID, so you successfully dodge.

An attack comes in. You barb bounce to return on the second
The returns land first. The attacks hits your troops.

You send an attack at a player. The player attacks someone else in the meantime, but unfortunately, his return time is the same as your arrival time
His troops land before yours, due to returns landing first.

I can't think of any more situations right now. Even the last one is very very unlikely.
Anyone able to think of one?

DeletedUser

Yeah. I'd suggest leaving this here as a lot of UK5 don't know how it works properly.

DeletedUser

Just as an addition to this, it is possible to snipe if you do it right [two ways to do so and I will explain].

First way; you'd need to know which village is sending nobles and the landing time, AND have a village able to send support with the same duration as the nobles incoming. If you know the above things, you'd then need to send a support train landing at the same time as nobles, then hope that one of the IDs intersected and sniped the train. Yes, it's rare and would most likely be easier to stack/prenoble and retake, but, ehh... is possible.

Second way (Against co-training); hypothetically, you have two nobles coming into your village landing at 12:00:00.
The command IDs of the nobles incoming are 100000 and 100001.
If you send support (Or have a tribemate/friend send support) to land at 12:00:00, (hypothetically) the command ID would be 110000.
Later on, you receive two more incomings landing at 12:00:00 (the second part of the co-train) with command IDs of 120000 and 120001, (provided that there isn't enough offence to take out the landed support) when it lands, the train will be sniped.

[Sidenote; Lil bit tired, so if any of the above is incorrect, feel free to tell me]