"Fair" Wars & Gangbangs

DeletedUser3953

It seems lately that a lot of people have been commenting on the "fairness" of current wars, or the supposed gangbang. In my view, in the history of the "real world," there has never been a "fair" war ever fought, there is always outside help, either monetary, with troops, or weaponry. That is what I like about this game, it adds the diplomacy angle. If you are crap with diplomacy, chances are your tribe will eventually get gangbanged. If you are great with diplomacy, you will experience a time of ease in the begining of the world, until the inevitable.

These are my views of the "fair"ness of wars, I am interested in what others think.

DeletedUser

Totally agree :icon_razz:
It adds authenticity to the game. People complain in real life as well. Although people kind of frown at it, it would be unrealistic if it didn't happen, to some level at least...

DeletedUser

I have to say I love the real politics in TW. Each tribe is a lot like a real world nation, and the politicians and leaders make just as much difference as troops or points. As for real world 'fair' wars, I dunno. There are definitely wars that followed jus ad bello, but for a war to be fair one side must've gone, 'If we enter this war there is an evens chance we won't leave it' which is a crazy choice when playing with the future of your nation. In TW the losing players will often end up merging elsewhere, or you can just restart with no great loss, so I guess crazy wars are more common. Also if wars are evenly matched they tend to do a lot more damage, which war politicians do not want.

DeletedUser

i think that the best weapon in TW is diplomacy. If you get it right you can be in the very safe position of only fighting wars on your terms. ie when you have the overwhelming advantage. thats why i have no sympathy for tribes who get gang banged

DeletedUser5293

Well calmjukiller, your opening post even though concise has everything mentioned in it, so i will hope to try and put forth my thoughts but i might not end up doing a good job of it.

To be FAIR there is nothing FAIR in war but in a sense all war's are FAIR.

Something that might seem fair to one may not seem the least bit honorable or justified to another, so it will be very difficult to bring a context to fairness in conflicts.

The course of wars have been changed by even the slightest change in balance or status quo brought about by another dimension introduced in the equation in this case we are referencing to a third party/tribe.

Here it might not be a favorable situation for the tribe at the receiving end, but the tribes gaining from it will find it all the more fair, as they will/might be gaining ground that was not possible before.
As for the gangbanged part, gangbang is a very numeric term if taken in the literary sense, its many against one.
But i think in this case it is getting a forum mention because here the being outnumbered is not the only notable point, it is also the quality of the gangbanging opposition.
There have been gangbangs(atleast tried) against tribes in this world before, the only one that comes to mind easily is the alliance formed against i believe VIRTUS formed by a no of smaller tribes, here the opposition was more than one number so can be termed as a gangbang,their idea was strength in numbers but they didn't have the firepower to back it hence it fizzled out.
That gangbang was in my terms FAIR, why because they tried(and/but failed) to turn the tables on virtus, but virtus on the other hand was not too worried due to the quality of the players they had it wasn't exactly stacked against them.

So i think there are too many intricate details involved in a war,gangbang's just being one part of it that a person cant judge it being platonically fair.

Wars will always remain fair to some and unfair to others.

Just editing to add the diplomacy bit,
Diplomacy for me is just a veil to cover true intentions , its just a device that helps you to keep out of trouble/wars untill the point you think you are ready for it.
It in itself may not be worth the bit of paper it was forged on but has done wonders when tactically used, and there is no doubt in more cases than otherwise diplomacy wins wars.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

this game is about numbers and so maths plays its part, but In politics, strangely enough, the best way to play your cards is to lay them face upwards on the table imo... Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.i just take it as it comes and ensure i dish it out how i know i would not want it dished out to me.

a word from the little nutter:
“The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.”
Napoleon Bonaparte-