Family tribes

Killing Time

Reaction score
This is not a thread knocking family tribes, huggles or snuggles or any other form of group hugs with the comfort blanket of perceived safety from the fearsome TW worlds we find ourselves on. I mean even occasionally on the UK server you do find the odd axe wielding player :eek:

So if you do find yourself reading this from the comfort of your extended family tribe do not fret I am not going to start slating you and railing against the futility of family tribes with world settings restricting outside support. Just a causal glance down the Top 25 tribes shows a giddy range of family tribes some basing themselves on my second favourite chocolate bar, the return of the naughty bunnies (why?), Portuguese server hoppers (welcome! or Bem-vindos!) as well as some eyebrow raising names that have been changed by TW support, Beer drinkers, vodka drinkers and those not actively doing the family thing I understand are putting out (diplomacy wise) already.

So pretty much everyone is at it and I know that many of you will be saying we will slim down to one tribe after start up (something I say after every Christmas but hey ho!) and I believe you!

But my point is that family tribes, even where no outside support allowed, should work. I mean if you had a great leadership team you should clean up as a family. So I know worlds are won by tribes having some ankle showing and huggling then merging to win (which is just another form of a family tribe I guess) but why isn't this server littered with the names of family tribes that swept all before them.

Why is it that when we see a start up huggle most of us just think food!

Why do family tribes just fail and mostly fail miserably? Now I say this as someone who was recruited by a start up huggle and then jumped to a family so this is not me being holier than thou. Oh No this is me saying why don't family tribes work?

Is it a dearth of great leaders? Last decent one was the fish murderer but enlighten me if you can think of others?
Is it that PP worlds remove all semblance of competition?
Can a family huggle win this world?

W1RED

Reaction score
What's your #1 favourite chocolate bar? Mine is the KitKat Chunky.

Have tried a few different ways to answer this but I think a lot of the questions are rhetorical. I've only been around a few months after a long time off but from what I've noticed the past few worlds have been won or are in the process of being won by a tribe that has at one stage or another had a family tribe or more so a "holding" tribe, or a close ally who will then merge for the win. Of course along the way they have eaten the food family tribes.

I think the family tribes that fail and fail miserably are noob tribes and will fail whether they have a family tribe or not but inexperienced players are more likely to group together in large numbers because it seems safer.

sp33duser

Reaction score
Is it that PP worlds remove all semblance of competition?

yes just look at w118 .net that started the same day and how pathetic that world is just noble barbs and pp boost them.

family tribes might not be the best thing in the game but its not as bad as broken mechanics.

it allows newer players to survive longer due to tribe size, hopefully learn something and improve.

in terms of top tribes it will be around due to activity the world has a limit of 15 you cant expect the tribe to survive and in the process not lose players due to rl or inactivity. so you start with 30+ and in the end hope you end with the final group after internals etc.

the last 10 worlds have had 2 worlds over 20 tribe embers and those were both 25. they tried the uber support but that just means constant tribe switching.

in the end family tribes arent the worst thing and people arent interested in 2-3+ year worlds with big world wars and just want to go pp boost to "win" the next world and add that to their record and neither is TW because then those players arent moving on to new worlds to drop pp if they are stuck in big wars

Deleted User - 232559

for me its pretty simple why family tribes never do well, its not so much the family tribe, said tribe would have multiple advantages over normal tribes, and the only glaring issue with it would be organisation, but if we being realistic considering most tw players are office workers i doubt organisation is a huge issue.
(go me for generalising)

the problem lies first and foremost with the sorts of players that wish to form and run a family tribe

THEY ALL SUCK

Elitist players
a good player/leader knows (using 54 as a example) their likely isnt even 15 top tier players on the entire world, so what sense would it make to lower the bar and recruit numpties
i mean id be curious but does anyone disagree that the top 15 tw players currently playing tw (if in same tribe) would struggle to topple multiple mediocre tribes?, gang bangs often happen against rank 1 tribes, but how often do they work?, less than you might imagine.

So yea, good players arnt making family tribes for the most part, as a quality over quantity model is adopted

huggy players
Huggers make family tribes, or call them allies or academy's so the can sleep easier at night
huggy players also do dips
huggy players bore the hell out of themselves and suck life out of the game meaning they all quit and merge to end the putrid world they teraformed to be a snooze fest

scared players
jamm puts it tonnes better *
Furthermore a lot of players herd together like lambs. Large tribes are formed, but when the wolves attack everyone is for himself and the lambs run around. If you form a tribe be sure you got a tribe where you really coordinate. Don’t form a tribe just for the sake of having one. You might get a good ranked position which will attract even more players but as long as the tribe doesn’t work together in offense and defense you will just fight and bitch around in your tribe. Nothing is more frustrating than being attacked and noone sends you help. So the morale in your ranks will drop and your tribe will fall apart.
Herding like lambs doesn’t help against wolves.
tryhard cliquey cheats
at the top of the tw food chain thiers always the rule breakers, one of the biggest advantages one can attain is push accounts n merges, problem is your shoving your friend groups into one tribe using multiple drivers, its in effect a family tribe of 60 drivers on 15 accounts, but instead of actualy manifesting as family tribe, peeps rule break to get the benefits without the visible shame of being in a sister twice removed tribe

So the long and short of it is.

The sorts of players who win worlds either arnt interested in family's, or are well versed at dismantling thier own family tribe into a collective hug to win under 1 banner

i believe thats the fundamental reason they dont do well in the end, but a few other things such as admin's not allowing multi tribe wins, and organisational disaster of a lot of nubs in one place.
people wanting to be represented is also a larger issue for fam tribes (and society) can the needs of every member be adopted when thiers so many of them?

Do i think they could work, *under right leadership and player base)
certainly! but as i say sort of people who make and partake in fam tribes are losers, so its of no suprise at all that they do in fact often lose

I used to hate fam tribes with a passion, as i see em in a way as circumventing member limits, no one likes a cheat, but after seeing some of the terrible abuses of rules and downright snakes that play tw, nubs who like to play incest tw awhile till they get eaten are not too high on my kill list.

mr Pink

Reaction score
I think family tribes and hugging pits a lot of people off certain worlds. I see people saying they won’t join because a certain group of people are already on the world and their reputation for boosting is known.
There is no possible bonus of a family tribe in such a spread world.

There has always been advantages for some and not others take for example if an account is coplayed it will rise above most solo inevitably.

My issue with this world is that if there are a lot of hugging go hang bang tribes here then how will there be any way against it? You can’t pp a wall and you can’t snipe noble nukes. Tribal wars is very much in the name tribal.

I would consider myself a decent turtle player. But if I don’t have a decent tribe then it don’t matter how good you are. Everyone already has their member click and it’s becoming boring having the same tribes vs the same enemies.

Having said that I do believe when the world is noble ready a lot of these “top tribes” atm will fall off.

I see Take and Lego doing decent from first glances. The rest of the tribes I know most the diplo and it’s ridiculous that before BP end half the world was hugging. Then they gang bang and then they snake each other.

TW has really gone downhill and it’s the players not Support who are the issue.

UnKnown

Reaction score
I don’t classify 2 tribes as a family tribe tbh, it’s similar to an alliance but classed as the same tribe. If the member restrictions were not 15 then there wouldn’t be a need for it.

mr Pink

Reaction score
I don’t classify 2 tribes as a family tribe tbh, it’s similar to an alliance but classed as the same tribe. If the member restrictions were not 15 then there wouldn’t be a need for it.

Yeah but the Chaos family is taking the P a little I think if there is a second tribe there should be a ban on hugging anyone else but allow cross tribe support again. Those were the days where you could support outside tribe

UnKnown

Reaction score
Yeah but the Chaos family is taking the P a little I think if there is a second tribe there should be a ban on hugging anyone else but allow cross tribe support again. Those were the days where you could support outside tribe
Yes I totally agree the chaos tribes are basically mass recruiting anything, I’ve got over 7 around me and 80% are below 600 points still. Not saying points matter but being below 600 points at this stage is pretty bad.

mr Pink

Reaction score
The issue being too with family tribes is the fact they can still attack together. Those others will end up being morale turtles. The only bonus here is there are some decent tribes so it could be anyone’s world, yet I know the same few are bound to hug until inevitably fighting or someone snaking.

Deleted User - 232559

Tbh whilst I'm not keen on family tribes, I wouldn't dub them a issue
Like is anyone sat their panicking about account longevity because of the threat family tribes pose?
Personally tribe hoppers to the dominant tribe in a fight is the biggest threat any tribe faces
The answer to people's quarells is a simple on for me, only 1 tribe can win a world, and dream up a way to stop account merges, then people can play as they like
I mean even using the word merge is a sham, it's just a long term push account

Reaction score
Top dominance0% / 75%

Only one can win that's true but who says they cant be the other 25%, think about that, just saying.

Killing Time

Reaction score
What's your #1 favourite chocolate bar? Mine is the KitKat Chunky.

Have tried a few different ways to answer this but I think a lot of the questions are rhetorical. I've only been around a few months after a long time off but from what I've noticed the past few worlds have been won or are in the process of being won by a tribe that has at one stage or another had a family tribe or more so a "holding" tribe, or a close ally who will then merge for the win. Of course along the way they have eaten the food family tribes.

I think the family tribes that fail and fail miserably are noob tribes and will fail whether they have a family tribe or not but inexperienced players are more likely to group together in large numbers because it seems safer.

Oh God yes is Kitkat Chunky all the way. I mean there are other chocolate bars out there but would you when there are chunky kitkats!

Aha so think that "smart" families are set up in the pre world planning stage and they just refuse to stand up and say we are a family early doors? I am minded to agree.