FAQ

DeletedUser

Look through the Table of Contents for the question you need answering. Copy the question, press CTRL+F and paste in the question. Press Find, maybe twice if needed, and you should be at the answer to your question!

Table of Contents

• What are the ingame BBcode Colors?
  • When is the next world coming out?
  • Can I raze or disband a village?
  • How do I convert a report into a more eye-friendly format?
  • Where do I get those signatures that show your Stats?
  • Where do I go to make a map?
  • I mean a really nice map with shadows and labels.
  • Are you allowed to send resources/troops between your villages?
  • Are you allowed to send resources/troops to other players?
  • Are you allowed to send resources/troops to other players in your household?
  • I paid for premium but don't have any Premium Points!
  • What are the OD values for worlds past W13?
  • I want to learn more about TW!
  • How do you become someone's ally/NAP/Enemy?
  • My Paladin Speed bonus is not working!
  • I found a cool script that my friend sent me. Is it legal to use?
  • I am seeing a bunch of threads about The West. What is that?
  • What is OD, ODA and ODD?
  • How do I make something clickable, bold and brown in my profile, mails, or tribal profile?
  • What are Churches and Priests?
  • What's the point in building a level 25 barracks? It has the same time factor as level 24...
  • How do you recall/send back support?
  • What are the different village graphical representations?

What are the ingame BBcode Colors?

The ingame BBcode colors are:
white
yellow
brown
orange
red
indigo
violet
blue
darkblue
cyan
green
olive

To post in one of these colors, use the color BBcode, which you can find out about here.

You can also use Hex codes, giving you a total of 16,777,216 possible colors.

To use these codes, first find out the hex code and use the following format:

[color=#78866B ]hello[/color ]

of course without the spaces and replacing #78866B with your hex code. You should get something like:

hello

And that's BBcode colors!

When is the next coming out?

Please read this before posting about the next. Linking to a sticky is so cliche but I don't think I have a choice. It really gets annoying. (note, this is in the .net domain so you'll have to find your way back to .co.uk :icon_wink:)

Can I raze or disband a village?

No, so be careful what you noble.

How do I convert a report into a more eye-friendly format?

There are a wide array of Report Converters. So far the best one I have found is this one, credit to Tacyt for making it. The game also has a Publish Reports option.

Where do I get those signatures that show your Stats?

This is not any longer available on TW Stats, or wasn't last time I checked

Where do I go to make a map?

Once again, TWstatsis the place.

No, I mean a really nice map with shadows and labels!

Allyboo made a really nice guide, both for people with Photoshop, and people who don't have it and want to make maps with free software.

Are you allowed to send resources/troops between your villages?

Yes, this is totally legal.

Are you allowed to send resources/troops to other players?

Yes, this is totally legal. See next question if you are on the same internet connection as someone else.

Are you allowed to send resources/troops to other players in your household?

No, this is not allowed. You are allowed to play on the same world with the same people, but have to set them to Share Internet Connection, which can be found at Settings --> Share internet connection. Add ALL people using the same connection of you, and NEVER try to bypass this rule. You WILL be caught and you WILL be banned.

I paid for premium but don't have any Premium Points!

Sent in a Support Ticket, this will get your issue resolved much faster than posting here about it.

What are the OD values for worlds past W13?

{NEEDS UPDATING FOR .CO.UK}

Troop Type : when attacking / when defending

Spear: 4 / 1

Sword: 5 / 2

Axe: 1 / 4

Archer: 5 / 2

Scout: 1 / 2

Light Cavalry: 5 / 13

Mounted Archer: 6 / 12

Heavy Cavalry 23 / 15

Ram: 4 / 8

Catapult: 12 / 10

Paladin: 40 / 20

Nobleman: 200 / 200

I want to learn more about TW!

There are many guides, but the TeachU TW Textbook stands out as one of the most comprehensive guides out there.

For a startup guide, most people are interested in Purple Predators guide.

How do you become someone's ally/NAP/Enemy?

The.Great.Slapping said:
The tribal diplomat usually talks to the diplomat of another tribe and he/she can set an alliance/NAP/Enemy Status on the appropriate tribal heading. If you don't have the diplomat, baron or duke privilege you can't do this.

My Paladin Speed bonus is not working!

xElla- said:
It only works with support. When you attack, your paladin moves at the speed of the slowest unit.

If you send support with your paladin, the support will move at paladin speed.

I found a cool script that my friend sent me. Is it legal to use?

If the script is in this thread, it is moderator approved and you can use it without repercussions. Otherwise, it's always safer to check. Scripts can make your TW experience better, but can also be harmful. Always check and only use scripts from sources you trust.

I am seeing a bunch of threads about The West. What is that?

The West is another game created by the makers of TribalWars. You can check out the game here.

What is OD, ODA and ODD?

OD means Opponenets Defeated. This means how many troops (Spearman, Swordsman, etc) you killed. ODA means Opponents Defeated Attacker, meaning you attacked someone, and you killed their troops, so your ODA goes up. ODD means Opponents Defeated Defender, so someone attacked you, and you killed their attack.

Having a high OD is a sign that you don't sit around just raising buildings, it means you fight others. However don't LOOK for OD if you don't need to, it's just killing your troops.

How do I make something clickable, bold and brown in my profile, mails, or tribal profile?

Use the following BBcodes:

[player]players name[/player]
[ally]tribe name[/ally]
[village]500|500[/village]

What are Churches?

Check this help link.

Will add more as more questions arise. If you have the answer to a question, post both the question and the answer here and I'll add it to the list. If the answer to a question is not clear, post here and I will elaborate. I purposely made the answers short, there is no point in beefing up an answer with 'filler' just to make it look like an intelligent post. If you find any spelling mistakes, or find someplace where you deserve credit, post and I will give you proper credit. If you have a question but don't want to make a thread about it, post here or PM me if you want to keep it private.

What's the point in building a level 25 barracks? It has the same time factor as level 24...

Piaf said:
While TwHelp shows both lvl 24 and lvl 25 to be 16% there is a difference.

At speed 1 a barracks at lvl 24 takes 3:37 to train an axemen. It takes 301:23:00 to train 5000 axemen.

At speed 1 a barracks at lvl 25 takes 3:25 to train an axemen. It takes 284:43:00 to train 5000 axemen.

301:23:00 - 284:43:00 = 16:40:00 <-- Huge time difference

How do you recall/send back support?

Go to Rally Point -> Troops, and you can check off what you want to send back, or recall.

What are the different village graphical representations?

pimpometer said:
0-299 points: village with no wall.
300-999 points: village with low wooden wall.
1000-2999 points: village with high wooden wall.
3000-8999 points: village with pentagonal stone wall.
9000-10999 points: village with higher/darker stone wall.
11000-12355 points: pointwhore.

More recommended reading:

[Guide] Basics you should know
The (almost) Complete TW Dictionary.
The Paladin's Weapon Chamber
The Help!

Note: This was taken from my relatively old post in the .net server. There can and will be errors, please point them out to me as soon as you see them. I'll expand this if I get more questions, and of course feel free to add any more questions/answers.

-----------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I also. Though I already have a warning :p

<3 PP

Well I hope to see more out of you and I might read this sometime tonight when the forums are inactive.

DeletedUser

Quite the opposite, I'm going for saint status here :)

That is going to be hard for you.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 11 seconds.

I want to kill someone >.>

DeletedUser338

PP is sooo over-rated by many players. If I were him I would've been crazy about seeing my name everywhere..

DeletedUser

TheFinalBob said:
Where do I get those signatures that show your Stats?

Head over to TWstats, type in your name, and press Show beside the Signature row. There are also some other sites that make signatures, but TWstats is the most reliable as it won't go down very often, and updates fairly quick.

This is not any longer available on TW Stats, or wasn't last time I checked (last week some time)

DeletedUser

That is going to be hard for you.

Why's that? I love to have my fun in OT but I spent months between my TW period and my OT period basically just helping out in Questions and working on my website/tools...I'm not a mindless spammer.

DeletedUser

That is a good thing. Spamming can be fun, but too much of a good thing is bd.

DeletedUser

Yes u should see W36 topic willovain made up 66 pages of spam made in 2 hours

DeletedUser

Which topic was that? TFB, did you create this totally by yourself?

DeletedUser

nope ask tossa75,gorth,nuke911 and couple of other people

DeletedUser

Which topic was that? TFB, did you create this totally by yourself?

Yeah, I made the basic FAQ, and as people added questions and answers I gave them credit. I would leave all the names here but you can see them on the .net copy, and it's more than a year old so I don't think they'd care.

DeletedUser

Agreed... sticky please? I think it deserves it, it will save a lot of useless topics being made in the questions forum...

DeletedUser

Could the mods move this to the Question forum please, because here it doesn't get viewed by the people who actually need it. The newer members just go straight to the questions forum without checking anywhere else

DeletedUser

"11000-12355 points: pointwhore."

i ain't no whore =( i just like nipples on my villages!