Farming?

DeletedUser

Again???
Please, Matt, stop with your speed nonsense. We all know speed players are inferior, and that is why they play speed.
The amount of times speed players have done better than normal players is not even comparable to the amount of times normal players do better than speed players.

Daser is the only UK (strictly~) speed player who can actually be called a good normal player.

edit;
also inb4 all your 'come play speed' crying comments. We don't need that here. I'd rather not spend 5hrs+ sitting on my ass staring at a screen where the game speed is so fast I can't do much else than play it. I'd rather play normal worlds where you can log in, play 5 mins and go out for the day.

Clearly we don't know because once again a speed player is outperforming everyone else on this world. Daser is an excellent all-round player, but so is every speed player, because normal is so easy to play. And that's including the worst speed players.

You say speed takes 5 hours? Normal takes 24 hours constantly sending out lc.

Speed Players > Normal players FACT. No argument whatsoever.

DeletedUser

You're basically just extremely happy that a top speed player is currently rank 5 with the most hauled and multiple co's on a world full of unknown UK players.

Please provide evidence of worlds where Speed Players > Normal Players?
I can't think of a single world where speed players dominated... Because they never have dominated.

Speed players < Normal players. FACT. No argument whatsoever.

DeletedUser11546

Why does everyone care about the speed players, they will fall behind, get bored and quit in a week.

DeletedUser

You're basically just extremely happy that a top speed player is currently rank 5 with the most hauled and multiple co's on a world full of unknown UK players.

Please provide evidence of worlds where Speed Players > Normal Players?
I can't think of a single world where speed players dominated... Because they never have dominated.

Speed players < Normal players. FACT. No argument whatsoever.

but as you said you are not dedicated enough to sit hours infront of your pc and jsut do stuff. So when a whole tribe attacking you just go stack your vills with deff. Speed players are better technically. I play both speed and normal worlds, both are entertaining and i like playing both but when it comes to normal worlds all you need is good tribemates and dedication. Its all about how much time you spend infront of your pc in this game, skills can come later and you advance the more you play. I would expect everyone in a normal world to be able to stick same sec under 400ms, train with no gap between the limit and snipe 100% without splitting. Although thats not what really happens in normal worlds. Majority has hard time even sniping 800ms trains. So my point is a speed player used to snipe and do maths easy on his own, backtime, dodge etc etc is clearly more mechanical and technical than any world player you will find here. See this as a challenge, just go on and start playing speed and see yourself from being technically decent to being technically one of the best

DeletedUser

What's your point here.. That speed players know how to snipe/backtime/send trains and handle pressure better?
I have to admit, the average speed player is much better than most normal players in attacking and defending situations. Very few players can handle pressure and hence players like myself take advantage of that and cause players to quit easily.

However that doesn't mean speed players are better players or always better at this stuff.
It depends on which players you are comparing here entirely.

It also doesn't mean that speed players will magicly come on top in conflicts. I've rarely seen them come on top in conflicts on the normal worlds. By rarely.. I mean I've never seen it.

DeletedUser

What's your point here.. That speed players know how to snipe/backtime/send trains and handle pressure better?
I have to admit, the average speed player is much better than most normal players in attacking and defending situations. Very few players can handle pressure and hence players like myself take advantage of that and cause players to quit easily.

However that doesn't mean speed players are better players or always better at this stuff.
It depends on which players you are comparing here entirely.

It also doesn't mean that speed players will magicly come on top in conflicts. I've rarely seen them come on top in conflicts on the normal worlds. By rarely.. I mean I've never seen it.

i said that speed players are better mechanicly and none can disagree with that. Just being a speed player i think you wont really even manage to reach 20 vills, either to being lazy or not knowing how to act. But players having experience from speed worlds playing in normal worlds are usually in the top of the worlds when they play

DeletedUser

I've never seen more than 1-2 speed account in the top 20 at one time past 200 points in UK worlds. The rest usually float below that. For example Mattyflan generally floats around rank 50.

DeletedUser

I've never seen more than 1-2 speed account in the top 20 at one time past 200 points in UK worlds. The rest usually float below that. For example Mattyflan generally floats around rank 50.
:) matt tho doesnt declare himself as a normal world player, i think

DeletedUser12229

a non speeder can join a speed world and do better for 10 mins and dclare himself better than a speeder?
The exact same way speeders join worlds be rank 1 for 2 weeks to a month then get rimmed or quit and declare speeders > normal world players?

quite petty anyhow.

On-topic

http://vvcap.net/db/00FSe4ebeAM8Q2ZUhlQF.htp

DeletedUser

:) matt tho doesnt declare himself as a normal world player, i think

No. Because he's a speed player. Which is what this entire conversation has been about. Speed players vs Normal world players.

a non speeder can join a speed world and do better for 10 mins and dclare himself better than a speeder?
The exact same way speeders join worlds be rank 1 for 2 weeks to a month then get rimmed or quit and declare speeders > normal world players?

Now this is a very good point. Reflects it extremely well, can't believe I didn't think of it.

(hifive) Demit.

DeletedUser

quite petty anyhow.

On-topic

http://vvcap.net/db/00FSe4ebeAM8Q2ZUhlQF.htp

When i played more than 5 worlds till closing i can form my opinion about how is better. As i said before speeders better technically but speeders lack in game characteristics such as diplomacy and teamwork. So normal players might do better because they are used to playing normal worlds but you cant disagree speeders got them skills mechanicly. I think my point will make more sense later in the game. Stick to the world and have fun overall!

DeletedUser

Of the 3 worlds' I've actively played

Rank.1 (Only played very early startup)
Rank.3 (Solo most of startup)
Rank.1 (Actively played, elected leader of a tribe I didn't want to lead)

Normal = EASY

DeletedUser

Not exactly the same way, you come up against me on a speed world you wouldn't do better than me for 10minutes. Perhaps against the average speed nub.

Whereas most "good" startup players play every new world, and they still get outplayed by speed players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7321

Matt how many worlds have you finished in top tribe / top ten player not including speed rounds as there not worlds the a few hours of play.

DeletedUser1508

Area and Activity are absolutely the most important things in farming. There is no such thing as skill, it is a myth spread by those that get lucky areas and just want a bit of attention.

DeletedUser7321

As if finishing worlds has any correlation whatsoever with skill

No am with you on that i don't finish worlds as short attention span but i don't claim to be better than others at the end of the day TW is about winning worlds so if your not in the top ten at the end your not any good.

What is the point in playing if you can not make it all the way ? (ask me self this a lot)

Hence speed rounds for them with out the ability to play longer than a few days. (not got an ego that makes me sit for hours at end playing where i can't go for a wee incase i get inc lol)