Feedback, consistency and times of rounds

Noomi

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Noomi. I really enjoy playing Speed rounds.

Planned rounds: Would it be possible to please have Speed rounds announced a few days in advance with multiple planned rounds. The last two have happened very suddenly with very short notice causing participation to be low.

With that said some feedback about the settings of the rounds.

Night rounds: They used to happen somewhat consistently usually around 1-9am.

Day rounds: These are sometimes problematic the most recent one continuing till 3:30am. It's very late to play the whole round for a UK based server. The length of the rounds is a bit difficult. In the past the most competition I've seen has been on the 3-5 hour 350-400x with 3 mines start and also the 2-3 day ones.

I personally enjoy the shorter rounds the most. A good balance would be a few days of shorter rounds followed by long ones. The 12 hour rounds can be fun but it would be nice if they started earlier in the day.

No haul: This setting makes it very difficult to catch up when you start late into a round. With haul you can grow from the barbs and have fun in the round even with a late start.

Limited Haul: This doesn't seem to work correctly on Speed rounds, the limit should be multiplied by the round speed or something. Currently it increases by about 30 resources after the first hour which is as good as no haul. I believe limited haul would work nicely for some rounds if this is indeed possible.

Paladin items: Whoever gets "Aletheia's Bonfire" early gets a big advantage over those that don't.

Village spacing (cluster?): The last few rounds players have started very close to each other and barbs, It makes it very difficult for incoming attacks when they're below the 20 second range. Farming is also a problem when you can very realistically cover the entire map because the overall size is small due to this setting. A mix of this setting would be good, not too far and not too close.

Premium: There was a round recently where you could spend premium points to speed up buildings. I don't believe this setting should be enabled in Speed rounds, I feel it breaks the integrity of this type of game mode. Just having the basic "Premium Account", "Account Manager" and "Loot Assistant" is enough.

Account Manager: Could this be possible to buy with 2 villages in future rounds. One of the rounds had it with 20 and people with existing subscriptions had a big advantage over those who didn't have it enabled at the time.

Update 21/04/2021

Growing barbs:
This being inactive makes the round extremely slow to grow and difficult to catch up if you're late to the round start.

Please take this feedback into consideration for future rounds, thank you.

Last edited:

Noomi

Reaction score
Some more,

Limited Haul: This doesn't seem to work correctly on Speed rounds, the limit should be multiplied by the round speed or something. Currently it increases by about 30 resources after the first hour which is as good as no haul. I believe limited haul would work nicely for some rounds if this is indeed possible.

Thank you for reading the feedback.