Fitness

DeletedUser

Hi, I'm starting a Solitary Fitness by Charles Bronson today.
Anyway I noticed there isn't a Fitness Topic so I thought I'd create one :p
So the point of this topic is for anyone to post about ways they use to keep fit and there reason for keeping fit, and we could use this to keep each other motivated. Also any tips anyone's got as well would be awesome :)

Anyway my reason for starting Solitary Fitness is that I'm a big fan of Charles Bronson, if you look at the levels of fitness the man has achieved after spending 30 years in Solitary Confinement is unbelievable. My Second reason is that I'm slim and I want to put some muscle on for Summer :p. I'm also gonne be going to the gym as well while following Solitary Fitness.

That's enough about me, hopefully some people will reply to this and we can get a good thread going and help motivate each other to get fit :)

Marcus

DeletedUser

working on the beach body? lol. i used to be mega fit before i got injured, id suggest joinging the army as thats what i done lol.
but one of the most important things i found, and this is an absolute must, is to have someone else to do it with you. the amount of times I have flaked out because noone else was there to back me up or call me a girl. and the same in reverse.
next, you need a plan, so every monday wednesday and friday, (doesnt have to be these days) make the plannn, so monday, run, wednesday circuits and friday those muscle toning things people do,,, oh yes crunches.
I found the army fitness poster really helped as it gave me something to aim for and a very good idea on the kind of things i should be doing.
i would like to add that although sit ups are good, you use your thighs to pull yourself up as well therefore crunches are better, your not gonna like this next one, stop drinking guinness haha, thats in no way going to help. ermmm, dont just focus on the big muscles, youll be surprised how much better you can look if you also do the smaller ones, your triceps are one of them, all these great big honking biceps can easily look completely poop when someones worked equally on there biceps and triceps even if there smaller... ermmm, ima try and find that army fitness poster if u would like a link

DeletedUser

lol some serious stuff there!

Army fitness- I like the sound of that, i might give it a go sometime...

The best way is to do an extreme sport, for example breakdancing (yes, i know its a bit unorthodox, but it works :icon_wink:) I do that, and it definitely keeps me fit, plus its loads of fun. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

I am planning on joining the Army or Navy :)
Yeah, I know about crunches, and say how leaning back when you do a tricep did places more pressure on the triceps :p
Yeah I've found myself in the same problem that i get bored without someone else, so at the moment I'm trying to force some of my mates to start coming to the Gym :p

DeletedUser

if ur building muscles, its the most painstaking pointless thing on earth :p only because if you dont use them, they go, helps if your in heavy duty work or play sport.

the exercises i would focus on for fitness, isss,,, off country running, running on concrete is higher on impact and will end up hurting a bit more :S, also dont exercise every day, its important to exercise but its more important for your body to heal, at the end of the day your muscles grow because as you've exercised, you've rippped them, hence that burning sensation and why your muscles are all hot.
literally everything i do however is on the program thats in that pdf file. one thing ive not done is eat right though, thats just boring, i just exercise more. probably not the best advice there though

DeletedUser

:L I'm the same bud :p
Yeah, I like that sore feeling the next day, you know you've hit the muscles hard then.
And yeah i was planning on Cross country running, I don't fancy getting shin splints :p

DeletedUser

so many people get them its unreal. i prefer cross country anyway, you get to see so much more and its not so mind numbingly boring that u cant be bothered to run.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I agree :)
Where I live there are some nice country roads which are very scenic, and quite so they're okay if I can't be bothered running through a field, but if i was going run them, I'd put on my old Combat boots that i used to wear in the Army Cadets they still fit nicely. There's no chance I'm paying loads for running shoes, when they'll do the same job.

DeletedUser

theyll harden your feet atleast, and theyre heavier, youd be surprised after running in them for a month how fast u can run in trainers. lol.

DeletedUser

Looks like I've got my morning planned tomorrow :p
nice run. The route I'm gonna take is about a mile and a half, I'll post a time, maybe we can get a competition going :p

DeletedUser

my fastest ever time was 8 minutes 19 seconds... and yes,,, i was puking at the end,, was really horrible coz i hadnt eaten anything for four hours bar the lucozade energy tablets... by the way, dont eat them. all that energy not being put to use actually damages ur stomach lol.

DeletedUser

:L that's a good time bud :) I'm not surprised you where like that i know I'd be

DeletedUser

I went for my run this mourning :p
It took me about 15 minutes, which I don't mind, but I know I can do better than that as I didn't really push myself when I should have :/
Anyway hopefully on my next run I'll have a better time to post :)

DeletedUser

lol. i been working too much, cant do anything until i finish my current job :p but im getting paid so im happy,, rarghhh

DeletedUser

that's the 1 thing i need is a job, i finish college in 2 months, but nowhere round here is taking on :p

DeletedUser

Be careful with this fitness business!

It is a well known fact in medical circles that we are each born with an unknown but finite number of heartbeats to use.

When they're gone, they're gone, so if you take up an activity that makes you use them up faster, just be aware that you are shortening your life for the dubious pleasure of running or cycling or, can you believe it, break-dancing.

You have been warned.